EA Forums - Banner

So, my game is almost unplayable now :/

Jonalinn
1753 posts Member
I agree with everyone else here who has mentioned the terrible lag. However, until I placed the log ride and the accompanying pieces my game was running fine. Now? It's basically unplayable :( The lag is so bad I can't even access items in inventory. I can't relocate anything as the screen won't even scroll. Not sure what to do from this point?
You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

Replies

• tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    Disconnect the log ride from the track, like the Injury 500.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Jonalinn
    1753 posts Member
    tapebelt wrote: »
    Disconnect the log ride from the track, like the Injury 500.

Thanks @tapebelt ... I'll give that a try ;)
  • johncolombo
    10980 posts Senior Moderator
    I wondered why my main town was so slow, I will try this too.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    My game has been fine until act two started today. The injury 500 is and has already been disconnected.

No idea why it's so much worse now with the new act.
  • IMO, it has something to do with the power of your device's processor. Older devices are going to be struggling more with all the animation; the CPUs can't handle all the concurrent threads fast enough. I have an original iPad Pro. I've never seen any lag, but once I set up the log ride, it's pretty clear that the device is struggling. The lag is barely noticeable, but I'd guess that once the roller coaster gets going, it will become a problem. :-(
  • petehd14
    2765 posts Member
    Disconnect the log ride, the race track, and the next one and your game should go back to normal. The last update seems to indicate that there will be an animation on/off switch, so you can still plan your designs with them in it.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    IMO, it has something to do with the power of your device's processor. Older devices are going to be struggling more with all the animation; the CPUs can't handle all the concurrent threads fast enough. I have an original iPad Pro. I've never seen any lag, but once I set up the log ride, it's pretty clear that the device is struggling. The lag is barely noticeable, but I'd guess that once the roller coaster gets going, it will become a problem. :-(

I thought the same, but the start of act 2 did not enable any additional animations. It's exactly the same as in act 1. And act 1 was without any lag so there's something else creating the lag apart from the animations.
  • Jonalinn
    1753 posts Member
    Thanks everyone, for you helpful replies... I appreciate it. I did a hard reboot and it is a teeeeeny bit better.
  • My lag still seems to come with Recycle Metal jobs. I’m getting to the point where the 5 free bonus a day aren’t worth the chance of lag.
  • Brabsel wrote: »
    IMO, it has something to do with the power of your device's processor. Older devices are going to be struggling more with all the animation; the CPUs can't handle all the concurrent threads fast enough. I have an original iPad Pro. I've never seen any lag, but once I set up the log ride, it's pretty clear that the device is struggling. The lag is barely noticeable, but I'd guess that once the roller coaster gets going, it will become a problem. :-(

I thought the same, but the start of act 2 did not enable any additional animations. It's exactly the same as in act 1. And act 1 was without any lag so there's something else creating the lag apart from the animations.

If you have the Injury 500 going, then the log ride adds another set of animations. Because the layout of the two rides are independent and configurable, each takes its own set of computations to ensure that the "car" goes in the right direction. The roller coaster will add even more animation.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Brabsel wrote: »

If you have the Injury 500 going, then the log ride adds another set of animations. Because the layout of the two rides are independent and configurable, each takes its own set of computations to ensure that the "car" goes in the right direction. The roller coaster will add even more animation.

Injury 500 has been disconnected for a long time. And the lag started before I even got the log ride. Now it's standing in in town but also disconnected.

Edit: logging in today it was way better, not sure what caused it in the end. Almost no lag again. Weird stuff but happy it's back to normal!
    Post edited by Brabsel on