EA Forums - Banner

Enough With The "Make Springfielders" Tasks!

Prev1
empathy77
4129 posts Member
I am beginning to hate every time a task pops up that involves sending every Spirngfielder to do a task. It wouldn't bother me so much if I was able to send all my characters on tasks using the unemployment office after the 5 requested Springfielders are sent to satisfy the quest task. But c'mon already, 300+ characters is time consuming. Plus if you send everyone, it could crash your game when you click on the thumbs up when it's completed. I know the simple solution is only send the 5 and leave everyone untasked but I'd rather my characters earn their keep.

Anyone else annoyed by it?

Replies

• I send 5 and then rush them with doughnuts. I hate these tasks as much as everyone else.
  • 0Brooders0
    2062 posts Member
    I'm weird and enjoy tapping to put 300 plus characters on the quest. Them all coming out of the same building makes me giggle and tapping on the long string of thumbs up ... well I find it immensely satisfying :p
    www.tapped-out.co.uk
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Since I keep my Springfielders always doing a task that requires all characters, I feel like I really can't complain. Luckily I am able to send them from the unemployment office or I wouldn't bother. I generally just send the minimum to get the task finished. If the donuts amount is small enough, I just use donuts to speed it up and send people back to their normal tasks.
  • empathy77
    4129 posts Member
    Chris60119 wrote: »
    I send 5 and then rush them with doughnuts. I hate these tasks as much as everyone else.

I kinda like this idea indeed.
  • jukan00
    2301 posts Member
    I feel you but my phone is new/really fast so it's fun for me and I like having everyone in the same place 4/8 hours later.
  • The simple solution to this issue is to provide a "Send All Available" option on the task window so that every character not already busy will immediately go do that task. I don't mind having all my peeps doing one thing but as the op said, sending them one at a time is a major PITA.
    Level 939 (and holding)
    Yes, I'm a real fantasy author!
  • JJR2112
    339 posts Member
    I've just had to accept the fact that rushing these things with donuts is the price I have to pay to keep my sanity intact. The Park Engineer my seem cheap at 65 donuts, but he really cost me 113 and I'm ok with that.
  • Castiel19x
    3758 posts Member
    There getting lazy with these task and always have to waste too many donuts on them.
    Nuking is always the answer
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    There getting lazy with these task and always have to waste too many donuts on them.
    Maybe EA planned this and they don't see it as a waste... *points to nose*

• Nah. It's fine. Tapping a bunch of stuff on a screen every once in a while is not something I should let bother me.
  • Agree, annoying. And why happened to Penelope's one hour cash task???
  • I agree with you on the tasks. My big problem with TSTO is that after 3 years of playing, the new events are getting predictable. Only certain characters do the tasks leaving the others to do the same old ones. I currently use the monorail to help get donuts, but when an event is on, the majority of the main characters are doing the task and the monorail suffers. There is a lot less interaction among the characters than there was in the beginning. I can foresee the day where a new event has Homer and gang just burp and then walk around town for 4 hours a day, burp twice, walk around town and have this continue for 41 days if they keep going this way.
    My suggestions are more interactions with characters. Secondary characters should be able to fill in on other tasks that the main characters do but are now doing an event. Also secondary characters should have their own events to do, nothing big or fancy but something going on concurrently with an event to make it more interesting. The events are getting quite boring for me.
  • Chris60119 wrote: »
    I send 5 and then rush them with doughnuts. I hate these tasks as much as everyone else.

Sounds like a workable plan.

But it shouldn't be necessary. Once the required number of characters have been assigned to a task, we should be able to dispatch the rest from the Unemployment Agency.
  • You have to remember that brand new players only have a few characters available. That is why you see Homer, Lisa & Ned always in the events
  • Chris60119 wrote: »

I also. I find this to be a good and rather satisfying use of farmed donuts.
    That's a cold shot, baby. Yeah, that's a drag.
  • It was cute 5 years ago to see a line of completed signs but now it just causes serious lag until they all exit. I generally skip neighbors who have dozens and dozens characters exiting
  • Rich0913
    1629 posts Member
    And now we have 300 plus characters hanging around I&S
  • jerry4278 wrote: »
    My suggestions are more interactions with characters. Secondary characters should be able to fill in on other tasks that the main characters do but are now doing an event. Also secondary characters should have their own events to do, nothing big or fancy but something going on concurrently with an event to make it more interesting. The events are getting quite boring for me.

I loved how they let you send all kinds of characters on jobs in the Destination Springfield event. I hope they revisit that idea.
  • I hate it too. With the lag it makes me wanna break things.
  • I hate it too. With the lag it makes me wanna break things.

All too true. You couple a multitude of Springfielders with a hefty multiplier and you'd better have something fun planned to keep you occupied for the duration.
    That's a cold shot, baby. Yeah, that's a drag.