EA Forums - Banner

"UP" songs and the power of music

Replies

• eliansukke180
    18120 posts Member
    edited April 5
    Okay how about this one. When the weekend begins in a few hours. Position yourself in a comfy position, preferably in the sun somewhere with a nice view. Get yourself a nice cold drink and put on this tune and listen it all the way through...

• 168sean168
    3194 posts Member
    edited April 5
    Okay how about this one. When the weekend begins in a few hours. Position yourself in a comfy position, preferably in the sun somewhere with a nice view. Get yourself a nice cold drink and put on this tune and listen it all the way through...

Nice new age lounge music
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited April 5
    If you guys dig that, look up artists Dmitri from Paris and Mark Farina. Both were my favorites when i was very much into downtempo. They each make some very groovy beats like this.

Post edited by 4junk3000 on
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Currently playing this.

• 168sean168
    3194 posts Member

Pretty Boy - M2M. Long time ago, I used to think that some lady was thinking of me when this song played
  • 168sean168
    3194 posts Member

Touchy by a-Ha. This is another rare upbeat song from the band that tends to focus on melancholy. Listening to this song will make you chirpy

• If this is not an "up" song... I do not know what is.

• Or this one:

• 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    The ska sounds are always UP. Have you heard of the TOASTERS?
    I just unearthed one of my oldest concert tees, i had to rescue from the box going to be donated. It's from the Toasters show i went to in 1987.

But this morning, being Monday, and beautifully sunny, my depression is really attacking me. In the shower i tried to jump start my mood with these three songs:
    Baker Street by Jerry Rafferty

3 Little Birds by Bob Marley

Melissa by Allman Bros

I gotta get my mood up, put my happy face on; today is a friend's birthday and I've got to make the day a good one for them.

• Totally :heart:
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.

• Dante Un Beso by Prince Royce. It has an upbeat tone and also uses an ukulele at some parts of it. A song that makes you want to dance, especially if you know bachata.
  • The Original CuppyCake Song :
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.

• That Thing You Do. An upbeat song that makes you want to get up and move along

• Happy Days theme song. When you heard this song back then, you know you are going to have a happy time in the episode
  • 168sean168 wrote: »

Happy Days theme song. When you heard this song back then, you know you are going to have a happy time in the episode

A bazillion times I've heard this theme music, and just thought it was Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock". But the extra long version you posted, led me to investigate and learn which seasons used each song. I never knew! Lol you are absolutely right, this opening credit sequence has put a smile on my face since 1975, i used to watch it before going to kindergarten.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »

Happy Days theme song. When you heard this song back then, you know you are going to have a happy time in the episode

A bazillion times I've heard this theme music, and just thought it was Bill Haley's "Rock Around the Clock". But the extra long version you posted, led me to investigate and learn which seasons used each song. I never knew! Lol you are absolutely right, this opening credit sequence has put a smile on my face since 1975, i used to watch it before going to kindergarten.

The uploader seemed to have taken upon himself to cut and paste an extra long version! :smile:
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    I think if we all had parents like the Cunninghams, and friends like the Fonz, we'd all have plenty of happy days too. I really did love that show as a little kid. I remember trading a bunch of matchbox cars for a used Fonzie action figure. His jacket was missing but i remember he had an articulated thumb you could point upward, "Aaaaayyyy!"
    g2e1uymkkjy1.jpg
  • 168sean168
    3194 posts Member

I quite like this song Bailando, even though I don't understand the lyrics. It has an upbeat dancing music and is very suitable for adapting into salsa dancing
  • 168sean168
    3194 posts Member

Yazz - The Only Way Is Up. An UP song!