EA Forums - Banner

XP Earnings Now at 1/10th Purchase Price?!? (NEVER MIND - I'M AN IDIOT (smh!)!)

SandraShill
253 posts Member
edited July 2018
I'd made several donut-based purchases recently, so I decided it was time to do some RTT farming to bring up my donuts reserve. With a total (hidden and visible together) multiplier of about 1,890%, I had been earning a bonut round for at least every one RTT purchased. Today, I purchased my first go of about 15 RTTs, and was surprised to find that I only got 3 bonut rounds! Realizing that something was seriously amiss, I started doing some experimenting. I purchased a $100 tree and only earned 189 XP, 10x less than I should have! I bought a RTT and earned 28,3171, which also meant that I was getting roughly 1.89 XP per dollar, instead of 18.9 XP per dollar, so this seems to be a consistent thing. So, unless I'm missing something it will now take 10 times as much cash to earn donuts than before. (I haven't tested KEM farming returns yet, to see if that's also been devalued the same way.)

This is a pretty big change (and definitely recent.... I've RTT farmed at least once or twice during this event), so I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone yet (or at least not in the most recent four or five pages on this forum or on another major fan site that I still keep tabs on for game info and to see what's up with the few of my neighbors who still hang there).

IS ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS??? :# :o :# :o :# I'm wondering whether this is true for everyone, or whether maybe the return rate has changed only for people who have a high multiplier, or is just a bug in my game, or what?

(Also, as a side note, it appears that the tire fencing doesn't earn any XP when you purchase it, but maybe that was already been mentioned by someone way earlier, when it was first added to the store?)

Post edited by SandraShill on

Replies

• mystery2mi
    2352 posts Member
    I'd made several donut-based purchases recently, so I decided it was time to do some RTT farming to bring up my donuts reserve. With a total (hidden and visible together) multiplier of about 1,890%, I had been earning a bonut round for at least every one RTT purchased. Today, I purchased my first go of about 15 RTTs, and was surprised to find that I only got 3 bonut rounds! Realizing that something was seriously amiss, I started doing some experimenting. I purchased a $100 tree and only earned 189 XP, 10x less than I should have! I bought a RTT and earned 28,3171, which also meant that I was getting roughly 1.89 XP per dollar, instead of 18.9 XP per dollar, so this seems to be a consistent thing. So, unless I'm missing something it will now take 10 times as much cash to earn donuts than before. (I haven't tested KEM farming returns yet, to see if that's also been devalued the same way.)

This is a pretty big change (and definitely recent.... I've RTT farmed at least once or twice during this event), so I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone yet (or at least not in the most recent four or five pages on this forum or on another major fan site that I still keep tabs on for game info and to see what's up with the few of my neighbors who still hang there).

IS ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS??? :# :o :# :o :# I'm wondering whether this is true for everyone, or whether maybe the return rate has changed only for people who have a high multiplier, or is just a bug in my game, or what?

(Also, as a side note, it appears that the tire fencing doesn't earn any XP when you purchase it, but maybe that was already been mentioned by someone way earlier, when it was first added to the store?)

Is your XP Collider running?
  • I think someone switched your collider off...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • I always have my XP Collider running and I have a feeling I'm getting less rounds of donuts than before. But I haven't investigated it as thoroughly as you have :)
  • I always have my XP Collider running and I have a feeling I'm getting less rounds of donuts than before. But I haven't investigated it as thoroughly as you have :)

OMG - I feel like an idiot!! I've been playing much more casually lately - just popping in to do the bare minimum during this event - and I totally forgot to keep an eye on the collider. Of course that's the problem! Smh.

I hate being one of THOSE people...sorry for the false alarm, folks! :s

• Speaking of rail farming, how come donuts is no longer the final prize at my railyard?

It says the monorail tunnel is the final one?
    Did they change this between the monorail event and now?
  • Once you get the 2 tunnels it will go back to donuts.