EA Forums - Banner

Designing your own rides a good idea gone bad. Grading the event so far.

Prev1
stingray1122
8717 posts Member
edited July 2018
First off I like the idea of customizing your rides. You pick the pieces you design the rides so no two rides alike however the execution is all wrong. The Injury 500 is mildly frustrating to design and each ride gets progressively harder from there. It's nice you get the original design of the ride in a pre made bundle. But God forbid you want to store your ride and put it in a new location. You can no longer store the ride in a bundle instead you have store each piece individually to store before you can store the whole ride in a new location.

Then you have to remember how your ride was laid out in a bundle for it to animate in it's new location. Or maybe have a pen and paper handy to take notes so you don't pull your hair out remembering how to your ride looked before you stored it.

Overall Itchy and Scratchy are great characters released in this event. Almost no one knew who Diane was before they looked her up. She feels like a wasted opportunity for a character released in act one. Bort has a few good tasks but I think he could have been better. I don't have Corporal Punishment yet so I can't speak for him. The Log ride and The Zoominator are both remakes of the Unoriginal Log Ride and the Tooth Chipper.

It seems like the developers got lazy after their only new ride in the Injury 500. I think this event could have been better if the rides weren't so frustrating to design. There should be some kind of guide to tell how the pieces should fit once you start pulling out pieces. Which pieces you have to move to make it work and how many pieces you need to complete the ride. Move pieces until ride animates isn't even close to being helpful. This event makes me long for the old Theme Park game in the 90's or Roller Coaster Tycoon were theme parks were designed the right way. Designing rides was fun and not frustrating. Plus getting spoon fed one land token of land at a time after we unlock our pieces from Krusty Land is really lame.

I thought this event had amazing potential when it first came out. But now we're in the third act and I feel like they could have done better and they had good ideas that were not executed properly in my opinion. As of now this event is in like the C+ to B- range unless there's some kind of patch that fixes things which I doubt. Or an update that makes up for EA's mistakes thus far.

Replies

• I kind of agree. I'm enjoying the event, but designing the rides is a real pain. I didn't even bother with the Injury 500 as none of the pieces even looked that appealing anyway, but I thought I'd give it a try with the log ride and the Zoominator and I wish I hadn't. It's a nightmare to fit the pieces together, and it just ends up destroying the look of your Itchy & Scratchy Land as you're having to squish everything together.
  • I'm waiting until the end of the event, when we are no longer hindered by the stupid Blue Bonus area requirements to even attempt to do anything interesting with my rides.

Overall, I'm disappointed by the event. It's boring and the mechanics of the game don't lend itself to communicating about it. All the posts are no land, need more land or too much lag.

I miss events where you needed actual tips to play, questions to answer, strategy to utilize - do you upgrade fighters to win or do you gain more by deliberately losing every battle, etc
    "Not my Shmoo!"
  • I ended up going for a simple design for all three rides. I added the plunge and loop pieces and everything else goes into storage. But I don't have any of them fully connected because of the lag. Someone mentioned that the reason why there is a lag is that these animated rides are close together. I'm hoping that it's only because of the event, otherwise I'll have to spread these rides out in my theme park area. :(:(
  • Surfcitygal
    1219 posts Member
    I agree the rides are a disappointment so now what I really want to craft are the roller coaster crowds. And wouldn’t you know they are the hardest, most expensive items to craft! The happy and unruly crowds fro the concert event were far more doable. Why do these cost 5000 I&S bucks? Theme parks need crowds!
  • I really agree with you. It would have been so easy for them to make the rides better. Why do they all have so much of the tracks covered up? I don’t see the point. Much more fun to watch the Simpsons ride around, but instead we only get glimpses. Why make the roller coaster another wooden one? A steel coaster would not have required any more design or programming.

I’ve been able to fit the pieces together, but it sounds like it’s really frustrating for a lot of folks. The scale of all the rides is way out of proportion to the Krustyland rides, but they more or less had to do that to show the characters (except that then they covered them up). They could have easily offered other track pieces for reasonable cash. They could have offered other rides or stalls in addition to the Krustyland ones. All the rides are too big (must have been designed by the Springfield Heights team). And the entrance gate and parents’ island are horrible. I actually think my favorite part is the parking lots!

I really wanted to like this event. Like you, it really made me miss the great Roller Coaster Tycoon games. Oh well.
  • BallBox1
    241 posts Member
    I enjoyed building the rides and found it very simple. Here are all 3 of mine. I built big rides and didn't run into problems.

N2exJd.png

Dklnlp.png

sju86l.png

My only complaint would be that the Zoominator could have been designed better. Its kinda ugly, but its not that bad.

• BallBox1
    241 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I really wanted to like this event. Like you, it really made me miss the great Roller Coaster Tycoon games. Oh well.

There's a mobile version of that game. Here's my RCT theme park:

kMVTs4m.jpg

Post edited by BallBox1 on
  • Albionmoonlight2
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes. I just found the Tycoon mobile game. Thanks. Your rides look fantastic.
  • Thank you a lot for providing individuals with remarkably wonderful opportunity to check tips from this website. It's always so brilliant and packed with amusement for me and my office mates to visit the blog at minimum thrice per week to study the fresh guides you have got. And definitely, I am just actually impressed with the terrific creative concepts you serve. Selected 2 facts in this posting are in reality the most suitable we have had.
  • And the entrance gate and parents’ island are horrible. I actually think my favorite part is the parking lots!

Can't agree there. I think they're fine enough. It's a shame we don't get craftable buildings to put in the Parents' Island but it's neat having a separate themed area other than Krustyland to put in your park.
  • Without craftable orange walls the entrance gate is a big fail imo
  • i googled images for go-kart track layouts and replicated them.

one of the results, k1speed.com has a ton of layouts to reference.

i'm not very artistic, you see...
  • Without craftable orange walls the entrance gate is a big fail imo

I disagree. It's a nice entrance without orange walls. I'm not bothered that you can't get them.
  • audiomixdon
    359 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    My only complaint is both the Zoominator and Log ride corners are big and stupid looking in the orientation that turns from 3 o'clock to 12 o’clock
  • Why do they all have so much of the tracks covered up?

Because it's easier to animate it compared to the monorail, where the animation has to move smoothly through each piece of track. By designing the pieces the way they are, each piece is basically an animated gif file, the animation just triggers from one piece to the next, instead of having the car, log, or roller coaster move through each piece like the monorail does. There is no continuous motion, as the covered portions are used to hide the transition from one piece to the other.
  • there are no gif file in the files. they are still animated piece by piece ;)
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    I'm frustrated because it's not likely we'll be able to make pieces when the event is over. If I want to stock up on pieces for future renovations, I don't know that I'll be able to because the crafting amount is really high, especially for the roller coaster. I'm not grinding 24/7 but I am playing a lot. It shouldn't be this hard.
  • My only complaint is both the Zoominator and Log ride corners are big and stupid looking in the orientation that turns from 3 o'clock to 12 o’clock

Yeah, why not just make them normal corners? Big monstrosities take up too much room and it becomes too tricky to complete a ride circuit.
  • xamovo wrote: »
    I'm frustrated because it's not likely we'll be able to make pieces when the event is over. If I want to stock up on pieces for future renovations, I don't know that I'll be able to because the crafting amount is really high, especially for the roller coaster. I'm not grinding 24/7 but I am playing a lot. It shouldn't be this hard.

They could add the feature to the Rail Yard.
  • Willy9292
    1656 posts Member
    xamovo wrote: »

They could add the feature to the Rail Yard.

If they do we need more airport runways too..... History tells us what you get in the event is it...tons of us need airport pieces.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.