EA Forums - Banner

Next event predictions?

Replies

• 1pillform wrote: »
    we 'll know a bit early all info once again apparently so get ready

I'm hoping for a weeklong buffer between this event and whatever mini or promotion they throw at us. I'd like a little time to farm and boost my multiplier.

A week later and still no info. Good job.

Oh and @stingray1122 I've been bringing up the Pool Mobile for years. And at this point it'd make no sense especially since they don't allow vehicles on roads....so giving us this would defeat the purpose.....

I've seen the pool mobile mentioned before. They can always make an update that allows it.
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    I'm hoping for a mini Pride event like they have every year. That's one event I usually buy all the buildings. My old downtown area was turned into the a Gay District last year. All my streets in that area are lined with rainbow crosswalks. One of the area I most enjoyed working on last year. Looking forward to adding more this year.
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    P.S.- Bite your tongue on nuking Springfield Heights. Took me a long time to design that area, and I don't want it in my main Springfield area.
  • simpsonare
    2266 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm still waiting for princess and corral. They never returned since the release of the initial event.
    1pillform wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I’d like a full-scale pride event. There are a lot of gay characters in springfield and I don’t think a mini one will do them justice.
    aw33SXP.gif
    Well he is...

But, Pride month is over so you know it won't happen until next year. How about just a BIG GAY EVENT?
    Actually they really don't need a event at all to release gay characters, they can easily release them on and off all year round.

They could just bring back the level content updates rather than make them part of an event. Personally I have nothing against gay people but I think an event entirely based around gay characters would be a bit too in-your-face.

Careful, you might be labeled homophobic & a bigot with a comment like that.

I'd agree. Theres never been a major pride event. So the concurrence is once in a lifetime nearly. I'd enjoy a major pride event very much. "Too in your face" is a remark of aggravation to me. Though I could just be interpreting it wrong. You have to take things with the times it's in. It's a pivotal history moment and a major would be justified...
  • I hope they do a firestation event soon - I really want one in my town

Already been done which was in 2016.....it was called Crook and Ladder.

I started tapped out at the end of it so would like the chance to get it
    Life is hard, and then you nap!
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for princess and corral. They never returned since the release of the initial event.
    I’d like a full-scale pride event. There are a lot of gay characters in springfield and I don’t think a mini one will do them justice.
    aw33SXP.gif
    Well he is...

But, Pride month is over so you know it won't happen until next year. How about just a BIG GAY EVENT?
    Actually they really don't need a event at all to release gay characters, they can easily release them on and off all year round.

They could just bring back the level content updates rather than make them part of an event. Personally I have nothing against gay people but I think an event entirely based around gay characters would be a bit too in-your-face.

I'd agree. Theres never been a major pride event. So the concurrence is once in a lifetime nearly. I'd enjoy a major pride event very much. "Too in your face" is a remark of aggravation to me. Though I could just be interpreting it wrong. You have to take things with the times it's in. It's a pivotal history moment and a major would be justified...

Once in a life time? Nah too much/too long.

Just kidding. I think it would be a great idea, definitly not the predictable same old event. I guess they could ruin it with the 4hr tasks for 3 acts/ 6 weeks, but as long as were trying something new, may as well go all the way!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    aw33SXP.gif
    Well he is...

Even the Pride thing they do in London is spread over only one day rather than thirty. The implication if you're joining in with a gay pride event is that you are joining in because you yourself are gay, which means an entire major event would alienate a large section of game players.
  • Dalekbuster523
    909 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I can promise you I'm not that, but I just feel a major LGBT Pride event would feel too exclusive. It would be too geared towards one group of people, meaning those of us not a part of that group would feel like we're at a party where we're not invited. Far better to sprinkle the characters out over level content updates than throw them in your face all at once during a 30 day period and risk alienating a lot of players.
  • bluntcard
    3861 posts Member
    I'm gay and I personalty wouldn't want an entire event focused on the LGBTQ community. A Pride parade itself is only a day. Too bad there has to be an "event" to add charterers who happen to be gay. How about a "cool people" event, and then add John and Cockmamie's? And other cool people.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Personally, I dont care what "theme" the event is anymore. I haven't read the dialogue in any event in the last 3 years maybe. The events are ALL too long... I only hope for decent looking buildings/decos that are realistic and not too flashy in color or signage. I like about 30% of the characters released these days and haven't bothered with using skins since the advent of the employment office. So if it's a Pride Event or a Paint Drying Event (as someone here mentioned as a possibility lol), it's just business as usual for me. Rinse and repeat.

The thing I look most forward to with events are land tokens and game mechanic tweaks like nuking KL, allowing Gondolas on lake/river water, the Monorail addition, etc. These have all made most events worth the drudgery of the crafting/collecting event currency.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Dalekbuster523
    909 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm gay and I personalty wouldn't want an entire event focused on the LGBTQ community. A Pride parade itself is only a day. Too bad there has to be an "event" to add charterers who happen to be gay. How about a "cool people" event, and then add John and Cockmamie's? And other cool people.

Exactly, this is the point I'm making. You don't force diversity, you drip feed it over time so it's barely noticeable.
  • bluntcard wrote: »

Exactly, this is the point I'm making. You don't force diversity, you drip feed it over time so it's barely noticeable.

Noticeable diversity isn't forced diversity. It's simply diversity. The idea that anyone or group of people should limit themselves or their social access in order to make sure that others are comfortable with them is both insulting and demeaning.
  • Dalekbuster523
    909 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Noticeable diversity isn't forced diversity. It's simply diversity. The idea that anyone or group of people should limit themselves or their social access in order to make sure that others are comfortable with them is both insulting and demeaning.

Once you start noticing it in the media it is distracting from the story. Of course people should be allowed to state who they are, but I'm not referring to real life here, I'm talking about works of fiction.

You don't force diversity, you drip feed it slowly over time. You don't want diversity to be noticeable, you want it to come as a natural evolution of the storytelling.

Once you start noticing it in the media it is distracting from the story. Of course people should be allowed to state who they are, but I'm not referring to real life here, I'm talking about works of fiction.

You don't force diversity, you drip feed it slowly over time. You don't want diversity to be noticeable, you want it to come as a natural evolution of the storytelling.

Storytelling is a mode of free expression and not subject to artificial limits or quotas. What you're describing isn't a tenet of good storytelling. It's an unfortunate and regrettable artistic compromise.
  • Gary_A_D wrote: »
    P.S.- Bite your tongue on nuking Springfield Heights. Took me a long time to design that area, and I don't want it in my main Springfield area.

I don't need or want a SH nuking. I just want the buildings swapped out for better, non-generic buildings that have some sort of connection to The Simpsons.
  • ...a major LGBT Pride event would feel too exclusive. It would be too geared towards one group of people, meaning those of us not a part of that group would feel like we're at a party where we're not invited.

Being a non-practising pagan that's exactly how I felt about the Winter 2016 event.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Gary_A_D wrote: »

Just joking, but speaking of nuking, I noticed that all my classic and modern mansions, along with the resorts got lost. I’m guessing it happened last time I nuked. Didn’t lose any of the add on parts. But had to rebuild them all, on the plus side it got me over 2 billion.

Now if I can get it into me to design.

Storytelling is a mode of free expression and not subject to artificial limits or quotas. What you're describing isn't a tenet of good storytelling. It's an unfortunate and regrettable artistic compromise.
    It's nothing of the sort. If it influences the story you can have a narrative of all black, gay or disabled people - but it has to come naturally from the story. Forcing diversity for the sake of it never works. Drip feeding characters over time into the narrative accomplishes the same goal, and doesn't make the diversity too distracting from the actual story that's being told.

Nobody wants a TV Show, movie, game or even Tapped Out event where you're going 'That's the gay one, that's the lesbian, that's the bisexual character...'. At that point they become token characters rather than natural inclusions.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Why is this discussion continuing? There is no reason to think that a pride event is up coming, although I would have no issue with it. I am finding the whole discussion distasteful and think it is taking over the thread.

I want an event that isn't a sequel to anything we have already had. I would be happy to do a back to school event or something similar to add new children to the town.

It's nothing of the sort. If it influences the story you can have a narrative of all black, gay or disabled people - but it has to come naturally from the story. Forcing diversity for the sake of it never works. Drip feeding characters over time into the narrative accomplishes the same goal, and doesn't make the diversity too distracting from the actual story that's being told.

Nobody wants a TV Show, movie, game or even Tapped Out event where you're going 'That's the gay one, that's the lesbian, that's the bisexual character...'. At that point they become token characters rather than natural inclusions.

That is not what a token character is. A token character is an ancillary character thrown in to a story that they're not the focal point of. A main point of Pride events and Pride month IS that focus on GLBT. Being out in the open, not having to censor themselves, not having to hide or mute who they are. That focus doesn't make someone a "token."

The Homer's Phobia episode premiered TWENTY ONE years ago. Selma came out THIRTEEN years ago. The Simpsons has been regularly including GLBT characters and subjects all along the way. Slow, undetectable inclusion is absolute nonsense. Focusing attention on GLBT characters and plotlines doesn't create token characters. That's not what the term means. If someone isn't comfortable with that content on the Simpsons by now, if they're uneasy with a simple theme event on a silly freemium game after two decades they probably never will be and any problem (real or perceived) doesn't lie with the game or its writers.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!