EA Forums - Banner

Pretty serious bug (I hope not related to The Glitch), but I'm getting tons of FREE donuts at least

Prev1
smohqy
2103 posts Member
Okay, I have completed the first part of this mini-event, Make Homer Submit Script, Make Springfielders Submit Poochie Scripts, and Collect Poochie Scripts (200/200). I, as many of us, hate the Send Springfielders tasks, but I had time to kill, so I just sent them all. Okay, all of these tasks take place at the Simpson house. I hop in to my game to move on with this event, and wow, gotta love all those thumbs coming out of the Simpson house.

*TAP*

Here comes the money. And the bonut boxes. But no Springfielders emerge. After collecting all the money, and the delicious bonuts (4661% brings me about 4-5 rounds, it would be more if it were a premium task), there are still no characters. I tap on the house, and it shows no characters on task there. I hit the script task (event) icon, and it says Homer's task is completed, and Collect Poochie Scripts as done, and when I select the Make Springfielders Submit Poochie Scripts Do it button, it takes me to the list of Springfielders, which shows them all as completed, and when I tap Collect, it takes me to the Simpson house, where there is... nobody?

So, I decided to sync. I go to Friends, then back to Springfield. AAALLLLLLLL the thumbs are still there. Rinse, repeat. I hard closed the game, still the same. Uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same.

So, as I'm typing this on my iPad, I'm continually collecting bonuts on my iPhone. It sucks that I can't continue this event, but until they fix this, I'll be replenishing my donuts.
I don't want a 24 hour rollback, because I just spent over 33,000 event currency on ride pieces last night (about 16 hours ago). I still have IRS tap radius, so I don't think it (seriously HOPE it isn't) related to The Glitch. I can't tell via character finder, because it's Roy's completed task, and he's currently at the Simpson house as well (or IS he?!?).

Anyway, this is happening to me currently, and I've amassed over 150 donuts just while typing this. Off to dinner now, and hopefully EA reads this (yeah, right) and finds a fix. They usually hop to if the bug or glitch benefits the player, and takes their sweet time if it doesn't.

Well, that last paragraph was about ten more rounds of bonuts, so...

Replies

• Hi @smohqy :smile:
    Have you tried storing one of the buildings associated with the characters stuck on this task (i.e. Moe's Bar to release Moe & Marge) ? It's worked in the past for others in similar situations.
    Insanity Laughs. Under Pressure We’re Cracking.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I wonder if this is related to other reports today about other glitches — characters similarly “stuck” in other locations, viz., the I&S gate and the Springfield Dump.
  • Who is showing in your character finder? I've had this glitch hit and it seemed linked to the one on top. It was Bart, the last time it hit.
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    Hi @smohqy :smile:
    Have you tried storing one of the buildings associated with the characters stuck on this task (i.e. Moe's Bar to release Moe & Marge) ? It's worked in the past for others in similar situations.

I wish that were possible, as everyone involved is at the unstorable Simpson house.

Oh, wait, I think I know what you're talking about. Store a building to remove a character. I'll try that when I get home as I'm away from wifi. Thankee Sai!
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    Who is showing in your character finder? I've had this glitch hit and it seemed linked to the one on top. It was Bart, the last time it hit.

Character finder is showing Roy, who is also at the Simpson house.
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    Does bonuts mean bonus donuts? Don't all come running at the same time to answer me. I asked this same question about two years ago, and not one person explained it.
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    Gary_A_D wrote: »
    Does bonuts mean bonus donuts? Don't all come running at the same time to answer me. I asked this same question about two years ago, and not one person explained it.

Yes. Bonuts = Bonus + Donuts.
  • tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    smohqy wrote: »
    Gary_A_D wrote: »

Yes. Bonuts = Bonus + Donuts.

it's a good one huh. never thought it'd become ubiquitous to the tapped out community like it has. you guys are welcome. :smile:
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • smohqy
    2103 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    HUZZAH! @TwigletStyx to the rescue! I stored Moe's, and lo and behold, characters came spilling out of the Simpson house when tapped.

A) A big sigh of relief.

2) Dayamn, I always finish these mini-events with days to spare, why didn't I wait and garner more than 260 donuts before trying this?

C) A big sigh of relief.

Thanks a m,I'll,ion TwigletStyx.

Also, you might like to know that I was cranking Grand Illusion on the way to and from The Spaghetti Factory tonight.
  • Happy to hear that it worked out for you, my friend. Hope you & yours are enjoying life. :smile:
    #heartstyx
  • Nice fix. My other half had this issue a few weeks/months ago except with the kwik-e-mart. We fixed that by storing the kwik-e-mart.

Just as well that was not the only solution available for you!
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    Lance Murdock sometimes gets stuck around the Buddhist Temple for me. He only seems to get unstuck if I tap something nearby and he gets cleared in the tap radius.
  • I had a similar glitch a few years ago. I think mine was because my iPad was old, but the game would crash before all the currency was collected. I restart, and the task was there to be collected again. I was freaking out, until I noticed I was maintaining the XP after each crash. Leveled up a few times before I was able to complete.
  • girl22721
    1156 posts Member
    I'm having this issue too. Isn't it affecting everyone? I send all characters on tasks, collect the revenue & XP but most of the characters remain stuck in a single location and can't be released any way other than storing the affected building. That doesn't however "fix" the problem because it happens again every time the characters are tasked; so it's really only a workaround. I'm experiencing this with buildings like She-She Lounge and Ajax Steel Mill; whilst characters going elsewhere don't appear to be affected. Also, tapping the affected building before characters have finished doing their tasks doesn't show any characters actually being there!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I haven't had this issue. Is it building specific? I have been using the walking KEM instead of the she-she lounge and it completes correctly.
  • This has been happening to various buildings, the IS gate, the Simpson House and the KEM. Try storing one of the buildings associated with the characters stuck on this task (i.e. Moe's Bar to release Moe & Marge) ? It's worked in the past.
  • Yep, i had the same thing happen to me, and my fix was to store moe's
  • I've got this right now, and I'll just collect whatever I get. Here it is one of the daily tasks ("Make Springfielders Check Out Latest Krusty Burger Promotion) to which I sent all Springfielders (I can't collect the three donuts offered for completing the task, though).

It seems a bit different, though: I can send characters to tasks to which they are assigned by other things (like now I have Krusty Kamp newly built), and for a time the character shown changed from Akira to Krusty and then back to Akira. The characters spill out of the building (Krusty Burger). I don't try to give one an arbitrary task, because I like collecting bonuts :-) . I'll see when this ends ...
  • I’m experiencing it now, too. KEM is where all Springfielders are doing Promotions, and Akira is the character “stuck”, I guess. If I’m understanding correctly, I need to store Akira’s building, to free him, and the others will follow. Right?
  • I’m experiencing it now, too. KEM is where all Springfielders are doing Promotions, and Akira is the character “stuck”, I guess. If I’m understanding correctly, I need to store Akira’s building, to free him, and the others will follow. Right?
    Right. Storing the buildings associated with *any* of the stuck characters usually fixes this issue. @deirdre2361 :smile: