EA Forums - Banner

Cannot connect to server - was told to post here by EA tech support

Bug report.
Since mid May update I have not been able to play. Continually receive the Cannot connect to server error after logging in. Hard reset and reinstalled multiple times on 3 different ios devices. Can use a friends login and play fine on my device, log out, then login to my account and immediately receive the cannot connect to server issue. They can play on their login on their device, log out, I log in and get the cannot connect to server issue, reinstall the game and they are able to login and play under their login.
Tech support has already tried a rollback to 5/1, same issue.

Replies

• Sorry to inform you that youve been had. This is a users fourm. No one here can do anything to fix your game. Maybe some suggestions, but you are probably bot going to find whatever EA help implied you would.

By the way, they dump customers like this all the time. What a great way to treat the people who keep them in business

I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • You'll need to contact EA again
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/
    If you can do callback or live chat you can get better service if you get someone in the US. Contact between 9 am and 5 pm CDT. If you get a rep who can't or won't help you, just make a new ticket until you get someone to help you.
  • mi232000150
    53 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Bug report.
    Since mid May update I have not been able to play. Continually receive the Cannot connect to server error after logging in. Hard reset and reinstalled multiple times on 3 different ios devices. Can use a friends login and play fine on my device, log out, then login to my account and immediately receive the cannot connect to server issue. They can play on their login on their device, log out, I log in and get the cannot connect to server issue, reinstall the game and they are able to login and play under their login.
    Tech support has already tried a rollback to 5/1, same issue.

i had this problem before. i use this solution, and it works.

1. login to your ea account, and change the password. or in my case i forgot my password, i went to straight change the password.
    2. clear the data of your game, and it will download game data and will ask to login again. put your username and new password. after finish download game data, it will allow you to play again.

i hope this will solve your problem.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Changing password worked. Thanks!
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • pckeeler7
    1 posts New member
    Sure thing it works but I don’t want to do it every 2 to3 days.
  • 1EllieG7294
    2516 posts Member
    edited April 4
    This post is from 2018
    Change your password to have less than 16 characters with only letters and numbers in it. Never play while the game is downloading.
    Also you should make 4-6 gigs of free space on your device. If you are on IOS you may need more and it might not tell you the true amount you have free. Clear your spotify and safari history and turn off Offload Apps feature. If you still have trouble contact EA directly for help through the in game link.