EA Forums - Banner

Stadium - Which do you prefer? Poll closed

Prev1
Ah the return of your polls. I haven't seen one in a week. Thought you might have abandoned the forums to join the census bureau :wink:

edit: i voted for 3. stadiums always have a bunch of entrances.

Replies

• Salsero1973
    29 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry to say, but I dont't like the concept of the duff stadium raised by cobblestone walls about the rest of the city, at all.

Both alternatives are well constructed, though...
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm a symmetricalist. I like everything to be as symmetrical as possible, so I would have 4 entrances if it was mine.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Love the second one! Can you make the road from bottom left to upper right so it doesn't look like a steep drive to the top?
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited June 2013
    i_set_fire wrote:
    Ah the return of your polls. I haven't seen one in a week. Thought you might have abandoned the forums to join the census bureau :wink:

:D I have been working on my town. Specifically the top portion, so I haven't been on the forums much lately. The Stadium I just finished last night and have been tweaking today.. I like them both and think a third entrance may be good too.. hence the poll. I figured a poll may help to guide me when undecided. However - the stadium may get torn down when Krustyland gets released as the stadium takes up a big piece of real estate.

Outside of that I feel that I got all of the primary polls done and haven't found any topics that I feel a need TO poll. I try to stick to worthwhile topics. But don't worry, should I find something poll worthy I will post ;)

• ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I voted for 1 entrance the second entrance looks kinda odd and out of place but if you put in a third entrance it might counter balance it and 3 would look amazing
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't like eather. Don't like that's it's in the air
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm a symmetricalist. I like everything to be as symmetrical as possible, so I would have 4 entrances if it was mine.

Hmmm... that is some good food for thought. If I did two on each side it would make a triangle pattern on each side, however the front corner may be hard to manage in keeping the effect and integrity of the design. But I probably will try it out. :thumbup:
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't mind it up a hill. Just like Dodger Stadium.
  • p0rkp1e
    145 posts
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

I voted for the second but would prefer if they were equal distance from the corners. Just me being a little OCD perhaps. :)
  • i_set_fire
    328 posts
    edited June 2013
    i_set_fire wrote:

:D I have been working on my town. Specifically the top portion, so I haven't been on the forums much lately. The Stadium I just finished last night and have been tweaking today.. I like them both and think a third entrance may be good too.. hence the poll. I figured a poll may help to guide me when undecided. However - the stadium may get torn down when Krustyland gets released as the stadium takes up a big piece of real estate.

Outside of that I feel that I got all of the primary polls done and haven't found any topics that I feel a need TO poll. I try to stick to worthwhile topics. But don't worry, should I find something poll worthy I will post ;)

Haha.. well the town looks great! I especially like what you did with the power plant :-) I am gonna redo half of mine this weekend. Was waiting for the port, but it is bothering me too much and needs to get done.

If I think of any good poll topics, I will send them your way :-)
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't like eather. Don't like that's it's in the air

The reason I either wanted it in the air, or reverse it to look lower than the ground is because to me the scale of the stadium is off balance with the rest do the buildings. For example, when you look at the seating within it, the people are but a dot. So by elevating or descending it, it feels as though the depth assists with balancing it to me.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2013
    p0rkp1e wrote:
    would prefer if they were equal distance from the corners. Just me being a little OCD perhaps. :)

Glad I'm not the only one :wink:
    Maybe one central one (the width of the wall) and symmetrical smaller ones (half the width of a wall) if you are able to over lap?
    Kind of a vehicle and pedestrian entrances. :lol: just a thought
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited June 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    p0rkp1e wrote:
    would prefer if they were equal distance from the corners. Just me being a little OCD perhaps. :)

Maybe one central one (the width of the wall) and symmetrical smaller ones (half the width of a wall) if you are able to over lap?

Creating a downward path on each side I had to do differently because of how the stone blocks lay. When I tried narrowing the second entrance to be closer to the corner, it loses the descent effect. For this reason, a third entrance may help to balance that.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    p0rkp1e wrote:

Creating a downward path on each side I had to do differently because of how the stone blocks lay. When I tried narrowing the second entrance to be closer to the corner, it loses the descent effect. For this reason, a third entrance may help to balance that.

Yeh, the corners are such a pain to get right. I've only got a small plinth for my mapple store :mrgreen:
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    No option for pie? Pfffft
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited June 2013
    Bump, third option completed.

Need more votes for tie breaker.
  • oman2302
    50 posts
    edited June 2013
    Stadium_zps4bf4deaa.jpg"width=655"

Edit: Option two and three have been tied, so I went ahead and made the third entrance:
    1b79ccd5f55762342d28a5d96d677735_zps43880dfe.jpg"width=655
    Which one do you prefer?
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited June 2013
    oman2302 wrote:

Edit: Option two and three have been tied, so I went ahead and made the third entrance:
    Which one do you prefer?

Thank you for letting me know. That is weird because I can see them. Hmmm...
  • oman2302
    50 posts
    edited June 2013
    oman2302 wrote:

Which one do you prefer?

Thank you for letting me know. That is weird because I can see them. Hmmm...
    I can see the pictures, It seems i cant quote them tho. I just wondered which one you prefered
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Love the third entrance, good change!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.