EA Forums - Banner

Give us new level content updates EA

Prev13
Didn't you watch the episode Gump Roast, and pay attention to the song 'They'll Never Stop The Simpsons'?

Level content updates should never have come to an end when the television series told us never to fear as they've got stories for years. How about a level content update that brings us Marge as a robot, and one of her tasks is 'Something happens, a do-do-do-do-doooo'?

Replies

• Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    We used to wait months for a level update, and there were far fewer events then. Down time went on for weeks. Given the current screaming if there is a day without anything new going on I can't see that flying.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • This is like a mental block some people have.
    It's like they don't even see the constant event cycle that never ends and are obsessed with a 3 digit number in the corner of their screen.
  • 0Brooders0
    2140 posts Member
    Candy crush syndrome... :p
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
    It's like they don't even see the constant event cycle that never ends and are obsessed with a 3 digit number in the corner of their screen.

I'm not just talking about a number, I'm talking about new content in a level update based around the song 'They'll never stop The Simpsons'.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    This is like a mental block some people have.

I'm not just talking about a number, I'm talking about new content in a level update based around the song 'They'll never stop The Simpsons'.

I don’t get it. Why the fixation on content being paired with a “level update”?

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    It is way too late to go back to level updates. What level would be used? I don't mind the mini-events and major events as they are. I am not sure what content you are looking to add but there is no reason it couldn't be done as a mini-event.

Because it gives a sense of progress events can't provide.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    It is way too late to go back to level updates. What level would be used? I don't mind the mini-events and major events as they are. I am not sure what content you are looking to add but there is no reason it couldn't be done as a mini-event.

Carrying on from where they left off of course. Level 61 would be the level used.

• Because it gives a sense of progress events can't provide.

I don’t see how going from Level 939 to 61 can be seen as progress, but you’re right - since the levels stopped I don’t feel as though I’ve been progressing in the game. An ever-increasing multiplier, character sets, item inventory and loads of new buildings delivered through regular and frequent events, SH and a new KL just leaves me feeling like my town is stuck somehow.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    This is like a mental block some people have.

I’m certainly not going to tell you or anyone else how they ought to perceive the way the game works, so I’ll just counter that from my own perspective you’re talking about a meaningless number. It can be 61, 62, 939, or a zillion. I couldn’t care less. The goal of the game (again from my point of view) is acquire content and decorate your town, not attain some artificial “level”. I was happy when the developers basically shelved the idea of level increments triggering content release.

Post edited by KrustyBrand on
  • ^^^This. I look at it like a themed city builder game that never really had a beginning, middle or end. Just like IRL, my town evolves. The only difference is that I have complete control of how that evolution continues or inevitably when I decide to end it (hopefully never!).
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • So let me get this straight. I'm currently level 939. Have been for 2 years. So tomorrow Im going to wake up and see all that work I put in to progress those levels gone, and have to do it again, and thats going to make me feel like Ive progressed? Oooook!

Pass. I'll go back to playing Angry Birds if I start to feel nostalgic about levels
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Even if they didn't take away levels it seems to be silly to randomly release a level update that most of us would get right away. Only new players would have to wait to complete it.
  • lucienleon519
    943 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    ...I'm currently level 939. Have been for 2 years. So tomorrow Im going to wake up and see all that work I put in to progress those levels gone, and have to do it again...

That's right. Level 939 be like

giphy.gif

Ned? Ned Ryerson?

• Willy9292
    1469 posts Member
    Interesting discussion. Like @KrustyBrand I was actually happy to see the end of the levels. I found the wait between was getting really long, especially when the gain was only maybe a character and a building or two, and a lot of premium content. Events were far fewer than now and it was extremely frustrating to wait weeks, get an event and then EA would stick a level update in during an event. The activity level now is far more than pre level 60. I actually miss down time as it is really hard to plan and design. That has always been my sense of accomplishment. We would have time to revamp areas and integrate new content. Now I dump new event content in a pile, maybe do a quick job of making an ordered area, and move to the next event. Gone are the days when the nature area and wild west was at the top of my town, and every time we got land everything got moved to keep the basic pattern. I have little zones now from events that don't flow.
    I understand how many long for that level number increase as many games are all about that. I never found playing TSTO to be about levels for me.
    That may be why Christmas, when it was Christmas, and Halloween are my favs, I have large permanent areas for these and revamp them every year.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6155 posts Moderator
    I wish they would bring back Friendship prizes & Road to Riches

• Because it gives a sense of progress events can't provide.

I don’t see how going from Level 939 to 61 can be seen as progress, but you’re right - since the levels stopped I don’t feel as though I’ve been progressing in the game. An ever-increasing multiplier, character sets, item inventory and loads of new buildings delivered through regular and frequent events, SH and a new KL just leaves me feeling like my town is stuck somehow.

You're not though. The content would just unlock once you hit or get past level 61.
  • I wish they would bring back Friendship prizes & Road to Riches

Friendship prizes definitely need to return. There's no incentive now when events end to go around neighbouring Springfields.
  • I wish they would bring back Friendship prizes & Road to Riches

Friendship prizes definitely need to return. There's no incentive now when events end to go around neighbouring Springfields.

Even during most events there's no reason to visit neighbors, other then a tiny bit of event currency
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • lucienleon519
    943 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You're not though. The content would just unlock once you hit or get past level 61.

Oh right. So I'd get new level content from 878 levels ago. Cool.