EA Forums - Banner

What Changed With the Moe's Ark Updates? ("9/6")

LPNintendoITA
11382 posts Member
edited September 2018
September 6th Update (Moe's Ark Beta Corrupted Update) - Removed
A corrupted update, presumibly beta from the Moe's Ark event, was released on September 6th. Just a little over an hour later, the update was reverted.
  • Poochie's Dog Dayz's update and content was removed from the game.
  • Springfield Zoo Wall's colours were changed.
  • Deluxe Condo, Valet Parkin, Business Center, Classic Mansion, Modern Mansion and Private Island's Bonus $ was reverted.
  • Some text from the event was removed.
  • Some glitched graphics on Android were fixed.
August 2nd Update (Moe's Ark Patch 1)
  • Moe's Ark Teaser's update and content was added back in the game.
  • Giant Lobster Scorpion's Bonus $ and XP was changed from 23.5% to 2.5%.
  • Placing Animal Habitat Wall (Small) now yields 5 XP instead of 50.
  • Placing Animal Habitat Wall (Big) and Springfield Zoo Wall now yield 5 XP instead of 100.
  • Placing Stacking Sheep now yields 5 XP instead of 200.
  • Placing Zoo Viewing Platform now yields 10 XP instead of 150.
  • Placing Zoo Lion Statue, Zoo Elephant Statue and Zoo Anteater Statue now yield 5 XP instead of 500.
  • Placing Marine Fountain now yields 10 XP instead of 750.
  • Placing Butterfly Garden and Marine World Sign, Wet 'N' Wacky World Sign and Wild Animal Kingdom Sign now yield 10 XP instead of 1.000.
July 31st Update (Moe's Ark)
  • Moe's Ark Teaser's update and content was removed from the game.
  • The app icon, the splash screen and the friend visit's icon were changed to new ones for the event.
  • A new music has been added in the background.
  • The town center was set to Springfield Zoo Entrance.
  • Event Daily Challenges were added.
  • The decorations limit was increased to 11,700.
  • A system message was added making note of the button that was added to Injury 500, Log Ride and Zoominator to turn ride animations on/off.
  • Norbert's Listen to Grampa Babble job was fixed.
  • A new Character group was added, Wiggum Family: Wiggum, Ralph and Sarah Wiggum.
  • Bart's Treehouse requirements were changed back.
  • Allison Taylor, Boittany Brockman, T-Rex and Tennage Homer can now Bounce on the Moonbounce.
  • Space Coyote's Sniff Some Butts can now be done at Brown House too.
  • Viking Boat Ride can now be rotated in 4 directions.
  • Poochie's Pretend to be in a Car Chase job now requires Poochie's Car, and Poorly Working Title Pt. 6 or Recycling to the Extreme Pt. 5 started.
  • Youngsters' Watch Poochie Ironically job was removed.
  • Duff Gardens promo was fixed.
  • Even More Kids and The Serfons' character groups screen now scroll.
  • Deluxe Condo, Valet Parkin, Business Center, Classic Mansion, Modern Mansion and Private Island's Bonus XP now applies to $ too.
  • Roller Coaster Weirdos are now placed correctly.
  • Moe's Cavern build time is now 6s instead of 4h.
  • Sophie Krustofsky is now premium.
  • Springfield Elementary can be unlocked also by starting No Me In Talent Pt. 4 to be started.
  • Moe's Tavern can be unlocked also by starting Spoon Is Mightier Than the Sword Pt. 1, Coming to Springfield Pt. 1 or Kill Burns Pt. 2.
  • Springfield Penitentiary can be unlocked also by starting Spoon Is Mightier Than the Sword Pt. 2.
  • Hibbert Family Practice can be unlocked also by reaching Level 5 during the event.
  • Wiggum House is now visible in the store also by starting Family Fun Pt. 1.
July 25th Update (Moe's Ark Teaser)
  • Nothing changed.
Post edited by LPNintendoITA on

Replies

• Willy9292
    1480 posts Member
    Thanks very much for all these updates. I, for one, am willing to wait during the period your NDA does not allow you to post here, in exchange for the great benefit the guides and walkthroughs give. I never start an event any more without first checking what happens, and I never get stuck sending someone on the wrong task. Great Job!!!!
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I also got my disgruntled goat back with today’s update!
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I hereby dub Moe's Ark update 2 the killjoy patch.
  • I got my Disgruntled Goat back today also with the patch.
  • Oh woe is me. The butterfly effect was me reason for existing. WHY did you take it away from us Ea? I shun you and all your fun games. Good bye for ever.
  • Thanks for the update @LPNintendoITA, apologies if this was already covered in a different thread, but I have a question regarding the 7/31 change to the SH hidden bonus. Was it a deliberate, permanent decision to convert the “hidden” SH xp-only bonus to a visible xp & cash bonus? I was pleasantly surprised to see an increase in in-game cash, and to notice my bonus % 153% higher than previously noted.
    Hoping this is something here to stay, and won’t get rewritten.
    Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • it was deliberate. they changed every value to reflect xp and $.
  • Loanet
    364 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    The funny thing people don't seem to mention is that even though once you're past level 60 and the only reason to gain a level is one Donut, EA is so against you getting free donuts that they regularly nerf XP to make it harder.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The funny thing people don't seem to mention is that even though once you're past level 60 and the only reason to gain a level is one Donut, EA is so against you getting free donuts that they regularly nerf XP to make it harder.

I don't think EA is against us getting donuts, they just want us to slowly get them so that we'll start buying premiums. Like how some donut farmers start out by buying donuts to increase their multiplier and then farm from then on, or how some one with 200 donuts will be more likely to buy a tray of donuts so they can get a 300 donut purchase than someone with zero donuts is going to buy a truckload for the same purchase.

• Just like your local drug dealer does.