EA Forums - Banner

The gil deal

Replies

• Same, awaiting hearing people have success before I try.
    I did buy a 99p ticket at the Kwik-E-Mart to see if there was still issues and it took the money but didn't give me a ticket so I won't be spending £20 until I know it will work.
  • So 24h later I contacted support again, they say it is still under investigation. Come on, what takes you so long when people are spending REAL money on things...
  • Willy9292
    1459 posts Member
    So 24h later I contacted support again, they say it is still under investigation. Come on, what takes you so long when people are spending REAL money on things...

I have always found it far easier to contact who I paid the money to, ie Google Play, Apple store etc and explain it to them. They make sure I get my money back, and I wait till the issue is fixed before buying again.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    So 24h later I contacted support again, they say it is still under investigation. Come on, what takes you so long when people are spending REAL money on things...

I have always found it far easier to contact who I paid the money to, ie Google Play, Apple store etc and explain it to them. They make sure I get my money back, and I wait till the issue is fixed before buying again.

^^^This.
  • So I left it for 24 hours and then contacted EA. Standard response given saying it’s a known problem and I should leave it for 24 hours for the servers to sync. The case was then marked as resolved.
    Well it hasn’t been resolved, no donuts received and its now been over 24 hours.
  • I noticed there was some kind of patch download when I started playing this morning , so I thought I'd give it a go and it seems to be working fine now. But only do one purchase just in case.
  • suznstl635 wrote: »
    I noticed there was some kind of patch download when I started playing this morning , so I thought I'd give it a go and it seems to be working fine now. But only do one purchase just in case.

Nice to hear, I'll wait till more people confirm that it's working fine fine. I still have 11 days left in the offer, so no rush.
  • Day two of waiting for doughnut purchases to arrive EA games says my trouble ticket is resolved but nothing been billed for it. Going to demand Amazon refund my money.because clearly EA GAMES DOES NOT CARE TO resolve this issue.
  • Willy9292
    1459 posts Member
    Day two of waiting for doughnut purchases to arrive EA games says my trouble ticket is resolved but nothing been billed for it. Going to demand Amazon refund my money.because clearly EA GAMES DOES NOT CARE TO resolve this issue.

If nothing has been billed for it then they don't owe it to you. If Amazon billed you for it deal with them, as indicated in posts further up this thread.

Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • erik319
    640 posts Member
    suznstl635 wrote: »
    I noticed there was some kind of patch download when I started playing this morning , so I thought I'd give it a go and it seems to be working fine now. But only do one purchase just in case.

I guess that's standard procedure!

1. Fix the cause of the damage (stop the leak) [DONE - PATCH]
    2. Fix the damage itself (start mopping) [PENDING - DONUTS]

I'll wait another 24 hours to see if I get my 600 donuts or not. Yes, I tried it twice to see if the second transaction would somehow push forward the first transaction that might be stuck in a buffer somewhere, waiting to be processed.
  • erik319 wrote: »
    suznstl635 wrote: »

I guess that's standard procedure!

1. Fix the cause of the damage (stop the leak) [DONE - PATCH]
    2. Fix the damage itself (start mopping) [PENDING - DONUTS]

I'll wait another 24 hours to see if I get my 600 donuts or not. Yes, I tried it twice to see if the second transaction would somehow push forward the first transaction that might be stuck in a buffer somewhere, waiting to be processed.

I had a situation with a vending machine last month and it reminded me of what I did yesterday in the game. Why did I put more money into the stupid machine if the first time didn't even work! Doh! :D
  • do we know why there are different Gil deals yet?
  • do we know why there are different Gil deals yet?

That would entail some type of explanation by EA, would it not? Not exactly their strong suit.

• I queried it again with EA as I have the same issue. Paid for 600 donuts and received 0. It should have been solved but not... they already marked the ticket as closed, so I reopened.
  • GVAakaOPA wrote: »
    I queried it again with EA as I have the same issue. Paid for 600 donuts and received 0. It should have been solved but not... they already marked the ticket as closed, so I reopened.

I don’t understand why they closed the case in the first place. Same thing happened for me.
  • kdowg123 wrote: »
    GVAakaOPA wrote: »
    I queried it again with EA as I have the same issue. Paid for 600 donuts and received 0. It should have been solved but not... they already marked the ticket as closed, so I reopened.

I don’t understand why they closed the case in the first place. Same thing happened for me.

Sadly, EA Help often closes cases prematurely.

• Why is some people offered 2400 donuts for 19,99? I would definitely buy that.
  • gbh4
    27 posts Member
    aleksib4 wrote: »
    Why is some people offered 2400 donuts for 19,99? I would definitely buy that.

I’ve got that offer. 2400 donuts for £19.99

I’ve always been a freemium player, but this is tempting.
  • I think I get the gist of where EA might have wanted to go with this. Unfortunately they should have just offered the 2400 donuts for $19.99 to all accounts under 1 year active and maybe all lapse accounts not active in say the last 6 months.... I dont know. But the reality is, if you look at the premiums coming, and there are a TON, it will cost WAY more than 2400 donuts to get everything in this event let alone whatever might be available to those greener to the game or long time freemium. EA is in some goofy chaotic reasoning giving what may be perceived as the equivalent of what longtime players with high multipliers will likely generate throughout the course of the event. Logic might be they see a regular user with good multiplier maybe have to buy (2) of the discounted 300 donut bundles a net of $20 assuming that the newer user is maybe going to buy just one 2400 bundle for the same net gain. It is not unreasonable to assume most of us that have been playing a long time will have brought in and will generate at least 1800 donuts at no cost to us during the event leveling the playing field. I bet there was quite a matrix used actually to identify who gets which offer.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • Well, it's been 24 hours since I purchased the deal and still hasn't been credited in game. I guess that means it's going to take longer to fix. Lol. :(