EA Forums - Banner

The gil deal

Replies

• HisWrath wrote: »
    nbsnoopy wrote: »
    Some of my friends got another GIL Deal 80% off 2400 Donuts - did anyone get this deal, too? I was asking EA support and they're not able to explain why there are two different deals and how to get the better deal :(

There has been some speculation that the 2400-donut offer only went out to users who don’t play as often, but no one is completely certain why some players got one offer and other players got another. If you weren’t offered the 2400-donut deal, there is no way to get it. Sorry.

I was offered the 2400 donut deal in both of my towns. I play ~4 times per day. My daughter was also offered the deal. She plays maybe once a week. So it doesn't seem to be frequency of play.

Maybe it is based on how many donuts you currently have? Both of us are under 250 donuts (neither of us KEM farm).

It’s probably pointless to speculate since EA is never going to definitively confirm the validity of those speculations.

• Has a deal like this ever blown up this bad before. The constant delay in providing both the content and an answer is just ridiculous.
  • Going on day 3 for no donut credit so I sent them an email. Hopefully I can get it fixed. I will give it a couple more days then go through Google to get a refund. Didn't ask for one originally because I would prefer to have the donuts. This is the first time I have ever had a purchase issue with this game.
    The deal I was offered was the boatload of donuts featuring 2400 donuts. I only had about 60 donuts before I purchased, now I only have about 50 because I bought some of those upgrade envelope things to upfrade my zoo. Did take a break from the game for about 6 months. Don't if that has anything to do with why I was offered that particular deal and some were not.
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    When does the other mystery box come out? Don't see it listed.

There's another box toward the end of Act 2.

I looked at that calendar 80 times and some how missed it every time. I need a drink...
  • Gil should offer Chirpy Boy and Bart Jr.! This would be a great event to finally again offer such a great character!!! EA pleeeeeeeeez !

its coming back in a mistery box later

According to your Wikisimpsons update page, Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior aren't in a mystery box. they will be made available by themselves.

yeah I remembered them offered but confused that
  • Stupid question, but have they fixed the Gil offer yet? I'd buy them but I don't have time to deal with EA to fix it if it's broken.
  • Stupid question, but have they fixed the Gil offer yet? I'd buy them but I don't have time to deal with EA to fix it if it's broken.

I would also like to know
  • I sent an email to EA this morning, and got a response roughly an hour later verifying they have gotten similar complaints about their purchase problem.
    They asked me for a screenshot from the transaction page of Google Play. Ensure this screenshot shows your email. They also wanted a acreenshot of the email sent verifying your purchase. So if you haven't contacted EA yet, you should include these in your email to help save you a step.
  • I sent an email to EA this morning, and got a response roughly an hour later verifying they have gotten similar complaints about their purchase problem.
    They asked me for a screenshot from the transaction page of Google Play. Ensure this screenshot shows your email. They also wanted a acreenshot of the email sent verifying your purchase. So if you haven't contacted EA yet, you should include these in your email to help save you a step.

You might consider saving yourself some time and trouble by dealing directly with Google. That’s what many (or most?) users have done.

• SaphireVariable
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    "You might consider saving yourself some time and trouble by dealing directly with Google. That’s what many (or most?) users have done." - krustybrand

Very true. I'm not discouraging anyone from taking that action. However, I would prefer having my donuts. If I can get them by talking to EA directly, great! If not, I will contact Google for a refund. :blush:
  • "You might consider saving yourself some time and trouble by dealing directly with Google. That’s what many (or most?) users have done." - krustybrand

Very true. I'm not discouraging anyone from taking that action. However, I would prefer having my donuts. If I can get them by talking to EA directly, great! If not, I will contact Google for a refund. :blush:

Another suggestion: Get your refund now, then periodically check this and/or other TSTO forums to get a feel for when EA’s donut-buying process has been fixed, and then re-buy your donuts at that point in time. As I said, just a suggestion.
  • I'm just glad Google Play has something of an automated system where all you have to do is Report The Problem and the order gets canceled right away. I didn't want the runarounds that EA always gives people.
  • suznstl635 wrote: »
    I'm just glad Google Play has something of an automated system where all you have to do is Report The Problem and the order gets canceled right away. I didn't want the runarounds that EA always gives people.

I’ve found the same to be generally true of the Apple store.

I just purchased the $9.99 deal with no problems.
  • abc1939593565
    235 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I just made another purchase with the gil deal on donuts and after it went through it went back to normal price. But I got those donuts no problems and still waiting on the original purchase anyone else have that happen?
  • So EA does not reward loyal players ?

EA couldnt care less about loyal players

I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I had successfully gotten a refund yesterday from Apple for a glitched donut purchase. Today four times the number of donuts I had originally attempted to purchase mysteriously showed up in my game. Very odd, but not complaining.
  • I had successfully gotten a refund yesterday from Apple for a glitched donut purchase. Today four times the number of donuts I had originally attempted to purchase mysteriously showed up in my game. Very odd, but not complaining.
    wow! it’s a reward for helping others :)
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • yea! my donuts plus 300 extras donuts just appeared the weird thing was I just bought the premium ticket at kiwi mart after I scratch it then my donuts just appeared
  • Seems to be overly fixed for me also. Bought the $19.99 for 2400 twice, and now just over double what I bought in total is in. I'd be happy with just what I paid for, so very happy they credited extra for the trouble. I'll wait to see if they make it the original purchased amount instead, which is ok for me.