EA Forums - Banner

The gil deal

Replies

• I also got my donuts and extras. I had waited to send in a support ticket to see if it took care of itself. Thanks EA :)
  • I’m trying to understand the gil deal. Are people getting different deals? I got the 300donuts one...
  • I bought the donuts for 50% off at launch and never got them. Still do not have them after 48+ hours. I bought another thing of 50% donuts today, I got them this time but the donuts went back to full price. Not that I was going to get any more at the moment, but I found it strange for them to go back to full price when at launch they were supposed to be on sale till the 12th of August and nothing was posted about purchase was limited. Any one else take notice to that?
  • I’m trying to understand the gil deal. Are people getting different deals? I got the 300donuts one...

Yes, there are 2 versions of the deal:
    80% off a boatload (2400) of donuts [sale price, $19.99]
    Day_Old_Donut_80%25_Offer.png
    50% off a truckload (300) of donuts [sale price, $9.99]
    Day_Old_Donut_50%25_Offer.png
  • Thank you @TheJuiceLoosener
    Im guessing i had too many donuts for the ”better” deal (about 2000)
  • I had successfully gotten a refund yesterday from Apple for a glitched donut purchase. Today four times the number of donuts I had originally attempted to purchase mysteriously showed up in my game. Very odd, but not complaining.
    The same thing happened to me. I was afraid to ask about it in case I would jinx it and I was scouring here to see if anyone else had the same good fortune. Both of my over charged purchases were refunded by Apple and my one purchase was billed correctly. I also woke up to four times the amount I paid for and I am one happy tapper. Glad to see they are compensating for the issues with the game/server.
    W.G.
  • I had successfully gotten a refund yesterday from Apple for a glitched donut purchase. Today four times the number of donuts I had originally attempted to purchase mysteriously showed up in my game. Very odd, but not complaining.

Karma my friend, karma!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • This is really disappointing. Why are they offering so much of a better deal to some customers? It's not about who spends more, my friend who also plays almost never buys donuts, but got the 80% off deal while I only got the 50. I think I am done with this game. I had no plans at all to quit, but this really seems wrong.
  • rpk333236 wrote: »
    This is really disappointing. Why are they offering so much of a better deal to some customers? It's not about who spends more, my friend who also plays almost never buys donuts, but got the 80% off deal while I only got the 50. I think I am done with this game. I had no plans at all to quit, but this really seems wrong.

It's not difficult to discern. They're trying to turn casual and/or infrequent players into regular/frequent players by offering them a big investment in the game at an absurdly low cost.
  • It appears I was also given the donuts I purchased. So, it appears they made good on the glitch. I opened a dispute with PayPal and have cancelled it.
  • I was going to buy the day old donuts but know that I know people are getting the 80% offer, I'm keeping my money for myself.

• yeah I might have made my first ever purchase if I had got the better deal but I didn't so I won't!!
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • rpk333236 wrote: »
    This is really disappointing. Why are they offering so much of a better deal to some customers? It's not about who spends more, my friend who also plays almost never buys donuts, but got the 80% off deal while I only got the 50. I think I am done with this game. I had no plans at all to quit, but this really seems wrong.

It's not difficult to discern. They're trying to turn casual and/or infrequent players into regular/frequent players by offering them a big investment in the game at an absurdly low cost.

I received the Boatload offer and have been playing multiple times a day, every day, for over 5 years.

However until the boatload offer showed up, I had not purchased donuts since the last real donut sale, which was Christmas of 2014. (And yes it was also completely full of glitches and headaches, too.)

• fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    i play 2 games, i got the 50% in one and 80% in the other. i play both games daily.
    the only difference is the 80% town, i haven’t bought donuts for a long time. with the donut bundles, i buy donuts from my 50% town and get the prize free in my 80% town (about a year since my last purchase)
    seems to me that it’s not about how often you play but how often you purchase donuts
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • S0Refined wrote: »
    rpk333236 wrote: »

I received the Boatload offer and have been playing multiple times a day, every day, for over 5 years.

However until the boatload offer showed up, I had not purchased donuts since the last real donut sale, which was Christmas of 2014. (And yes it was also completely full of glitches and headaches, too.)

Well maybe it has something to do with financial investment then.
  • Guess I've invested too much then...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "

With what Ive "invested" over the years, I probably shouldn't have recieved either offer :D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • ^ I guess your right...
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "

With what Ive "invested" over the years, I probably shouldn't have recieved either offer :D

It's the Columbia House method for enticing freemium players to start spending real money. They give you a boatload of stuff for pennies on the dollar to hook you then jack up the price. :D

It's the Columbia House method for enticing freemium players to start spending real money. They give you a boatload of stuff for pennies on the dollar to hook you then jack up the price. :D

I haven’t spent a dime on this game and I only got the truckload offer. If I got the boatload offer, I definitely would’ve bought a couple.