EA Forums - Banner

The gil deal

123457Next

Replies

• tsmarriner wrote: »
    S0Refined wrote: »
    rpk333236 wrote: »
    This is really disappointing. Why are they offering so much of a better deal to some customers? It's not about who spends more, my friend who also plays almost never buys donuts, but got the 80% off deal while I only got the 50. I think I am done with this game. I had no plans at all to quit, but this really seems wrong.

It's not difficult to discern. They're trying to turn casual and/or infrequent players into regular/frequent players by offering them a big investment in the game at an absurdly low cost.

I received the Boatload offer and have been playing multiple times a day, every day, for over 5 years.

However until the boatload offer showed up, I had not purchased donuts since the last real donut sale, which was Christmas of 2014. (And yes it was also completely full of glitches and headaches, too.)

Well maybe it has something to do with financial investment then.

With what Ive "invested" over the years, I probably shouldn't have recieved either offer :D

It's the Columbia House method for enticing freemium players to start spending real money. They give you a boatload of stuff for pennies on the dollar to hook you then jack up the price. :D

I haven’t spent a dime on this game and I only got the truckload offer. If I got the boatload offer, I definitely would’ve bought a couple.

Welp. I'm out of theories then. Maybe it really is random as some have suggested.
    This is really disappointing. Why are they offering so much of a better deal to some customers? It's not about who spends more, my friend who also plays almost never buys donuts, but got the 80% off deal while I only got the 50. I think I am done with this game. I had no plans at all to quit, but this really seems wrong.

It's not difficult to discern. They're trying to turn casual and/or infrequent players into regular/frequent players by offering them a big investment in the game at an absurdly low cost.

I received the Boatload offer and have been playing multiple times a day, every day, for over 5 years.

However until the boatload offer showed up, I had not purchased donuts since the last real donut sale, which was Christmas of 2014. (And yes it was also completely full of glitches and headaches, too.)

With what Ive "invested" over the years, I probably shouldn't have recieved either offer :D

It's the Columbia House method for enticing freemium players to start spending real money. They give you a boatload of stuff for pennies on the dollar to hook you then jack up the price. :D

I haven’t spent a dime on this game and I only got the truckload offer. If I got the boatload offer, I definitely would’ve bought a couple.

Welp. I'm out of theories then. Maybe it really is random as some have suggested.

In the end, It doesnt really matter (sounds like a song title ;) ) it is what it is
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

In the end, It doesnt really matter (sounds like a song title ;) ) it is what it is

Absolutely. I'm good with my half-price truckload. Onward and upward.
  • A bit late to the discussion, but I just wanted to say that I've contacted EA twice now without getting a response and I still haven't received my donuts - I paid for the 300-donut-deal on August 1st, didn't get any donuts, and then tried again a couple hours later, upon which I did receive 300 donuts. On my Google account I have two charges for the Gil deal, but I only received 300 donuts, not the 600 I've paid for.

Anyone else still having issues with this?
  • There is one certainty when dealing with EA, they treat their customers like ****.
  • I guess I understand wanting to rope in the newbies, but I'm ticked that you could only do the Gil deal once. I would have gotten five truckloads if they had let me. Did the older deals give us a cut off?
  • I guess I understand wanting to rope in the newbies, but I'm ticked that you could only do the Gil deal once. I would have gotten five truckloads if they had let me. Did the older deals give us a cut off?

this ones are only once ones
  • Well over a month, and EA still hasn't responded to my contact attempts nor fixed the issue. Welp, at least now I know never to spend money on anything EA puts out again.
  • Have you disputed the charge with your bank or credit company? That's probably the way to go.
  • ChaosKayne wrote: »
    Well over a month, and EA still hasn't responded to my contact attempts nor fixed the issue. Welp, at least now I know never to spend money on anything EA puts out again.

If you’re simply waiting for EA to respond, you’re doing it wrong. You need to pester them...repeatedly.

• I have not contacted my bank directly, however I did contact the Google Play store, who responded something indistinct about their terms and conditions (which I then read through, finding nothing to hinder a repayment) and that they wouldn't return my money. I have contacted EA multiple times with no success.

The gist:
    EA and I entered into a contract, through the Google Play store.
    I fulfilled my end of the contract by making an electronic payment. The various parties have confirmed the payment.
    I did not receive the product outlined in the contract.
    EA has refused all attempts at communication.
    EA has committed a breach of contract by refusing to uphold their end of the contract.

Given that pursuing this legally would end up costing me more than the contract's worth, I shall not do so. In all likelihood, EA counted on this and have done the same with thousands of other customers over the years. Such a company will not receive any further money from me, end of story.
  • This is terrible and frustrating @ChaosKayne. EA support is very inconsistent. Maybe you got in touch with the wrong guy.
  • The worst part is that we're not paying for their money. We're paying for digital currency, which is a number on a screen and doesn't cost EA a single penny - even though they have already spent the money to program the item we're buying so that anybody could have it.

And they STILL don't respond.

This isn't just greedy, this is... well, inconsiderate? Rude? Unfair? Pick a word.
  • Purchase problems are the fault of the app store not the developer. Refunds go thru the app store. EA could give you the donuts with proof of purchase but you need to speak to someone on the phone or in chat in the US.
    Here are some tips for contacting EA.
    1. Try to get a call or, if you have no choice, a live chat, between 9am and 5pm Central time Monday-Friday in the US.
    2. Explain your problem and all the steps you have already done.
    3. Be polite but firm that only EA can fix your problem.
    4. If you have bought donuts, tell them how much money you have spent in the game.
    5. If the csr refuses to help you, just hang up.
    6. Request another ticket and call back.
    7. Repeat until you get someone who can help you.
    8. You will have to be persistent. First level support outside the US really can't help you with this type of problem. You need someone in the US or possibly Ireland, to fix your game.
    9. Good luck.