EA Forums - Banner

Last 2 Event Land Placement - Stop it EA.

Prev1345
It really upsets me that they are just deciding where my land expansion will be. The whole point of this game is to design your own town, now they are just slamming a giant junk of land at the top of the map. It really annoys me to have my land not square. Just give me land tokens and let me decide where to put it. At least give me the options to exchange land for land tokens.

Replies

• ^^^This.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • This really bothers me as well, my town has always been a rectangle except the extra two chunks at the top from the Zoo and Itchy and Scratchy. And since all that land requires land tokens, I'll never be able to fill it in and make a rectangle again.
  • Land tokens would have been better.
    Also don't forget about the Showcase side to show off your designs as its getting lonely over there. https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/categories/springfield-showcase
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Land tokens would have been better.

Yeah, this would've been a great solution. Not sure why they went with the approach of just throwing land on the screen at the top.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    Land tokens would have been better.

Yeah, this would've been a great solution. Not sure why they went with the approach of just throwing land on the screen at the top.

Such a random place to put it too when we have hundreds more spaces left.
    Also don't forget about the Showcase side to show off your designs as its getting lonely over there. https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/categories/springfield-showcase
  • My Zoo entrance is now through Itchy and Scratchy Land. The bonus area goes over land I can't use to tokens to buy.
  • heyababy47428
    1041 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Smaller towns when you're leveling up and barely getting by normally don't have a lot of land available. Automatically unlocking a chunk of land gives them space for the event stuff so they can participate, and they won't have to choose between using PRECIOUS land tokens on relatively cheap (or will be once you've leveled up) land. If you DO use the tokens on the land available for IGC your town will end up with less total land when you hit the token only wall.
    I know I need the space in my low level towns, and if I had a choice I wouldn't use the land tokens now I'd save them. That's my line of reasoning.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    Sisdog wrote: »
    It really upsets me that they are just deciding where my land expansion will be. The whole point of this game is to design your own town, now they are just slamming a giant junk of land at the top of the map. It really annoys me to have my land not square. Just give me land tokens and let me decide where to put it. At least give me the options to exchange land for land tokens.

Agreed, you $uck EA!
  • Castiel_Touk
    4776 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Boo urns.
  • Smaller towns when you're leveling up and barely getting by normally don't have a lot of land available. Automatically unlocking a chunk of land gives them space for the event stuff so they can participate, and they won't have to choose between using PRECIOUS land tokens on relatively cheap (or will be once you've leveled up) land. If you DO use the tokens on the land available for IGC your town will end up with less total land when you hit the token only wall.
    I know I need the space in my low level towns, and if I had a choice I wouldn't use the land tokens now I'd save them. That's my line of reasoning.

Your line of reasoning is sound. Unacceptable. Please add more whining about being given free stuff.
  • Sisdog
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Smaller towns when you're leveling up and barely getting by normally don't have a lot of land available. Automatically unlocking a chunk of land gives them space for the event stuff so they can participate, and they won't have to choose between using PRECIOUS land tokens on relatively cheap (or will be once you've leveled up) land. If you DO use the tokens on the land available for IGC your town will end up with less total land when you hit the token only wall.

I am not upset about them giving us land. I am upset that they are deciding where it goes. A better solution would be to give you the option of tokens or allow layout where the free land tiles go.

• It is odd.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • OMG i completely agree! I was three tokens away from getting a perfect rectangle again. :(:(:( And now there is a random chunk in the corner :(
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    OMG i completely agree! I was three tokens away from getting a perfect rectangle again. :(:(:( And now there is a random chunk in the corner :(
    Agreed. I was only one token away from a full strip, and was waiting for this event to even spend any of them because even one plot missing drives me batcrap crazy. Now my SF will never be a full rectangle.
    :angry:
  • EA. It’s simple. We want to play the way we used to. We ‘buy’ land with IGC, and place things where we want and when we want. Designed by us. Now with the ‘land token’ system, we cannot do anything. I struggle to put anything in my town and it’s crowded because I have no way to get new land. 6 land tokens per event is lame. How do you expect us to spend actual $$ on in game items if we have literally no where to put them. Give us land tokens or go back to the old system. Maybe the new rows are only made by lattes and yoga Matts. There needs to be another solution or your going to lose a lot of dedicated players who don’t mind paying for donuts if they can place the things they buy. Land. It’s always going to be about land. Give us a solution.
  • bluntcard
    4015 posts Member
    The only fair thing to do is to be awarded the entire three strips of land.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • mystery2mi
    2359 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    My main town which still had available plots, did not get a new chunk of land in the north but my secondary town did. Anyone know why? Did everyone receive the new land parcels?
  • i don't get it. we're supposed to put the zoo there?? it always annoys me when the game drags itself off to someplace else when you get a new character or whatever, and i did wonder why it was doing that with this event. i just waited for it to stop and then moved the cursor back to where i wanted to put the zoo.
  • cornjob32 wrote: »
    i don't get it. we're supposed to put the zoo there?? it always annoys me when the game drags itself off to someplace else when you get a new character or whatever, and i did wonder why it was doing that with this event. i just waited for it to stop and then moved the cursor back to where i wanted to put the zoo.

I just moved the zoo to another area of my SF and used the land EA gave us to but all the Capital City buildings and some other stuff in. You don't have to build the zoo in that area of land.
  • jmlgg
    183 posts Member
    While i also wouldve prefered free land tokens, im very pleased with the given land since i was going up next to mountains anyways