EA Forums - Banner

Change the mystery boxes

Prev1
Yes, they could sure use some new and better rewards. Would be a refreshing addition.

Replies

• simpsons7795
    817 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Once in a blue moon they do give you 30 donuts....but yes most of the time it's the newspaper stand.
  • TheKingChivas
    207 posts
    edited June 2013
    mgrayson85 wrote:
    I think they are completely worthless and they don't give any redeemable reward for playing. Why not replace them with Homer Buddas it's not like they pay out anything that great, but at least it's something to be excited about.

Um, because they're free, they don't have to give us anything and sometimes you can get something good out of one.

I mean, you basically posted "Why don't they just give us premium stuff if they're going to give us anything?".

Jeez.
  • mgrayson85
    14 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't think that giving away an apple tree once in a while will hurt them any, jeez.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    mgrayson85 wrote:
    I think they are completely worthless and they don't give any redeemable reward for playing. Why not replace them with Homer Buddas it's not like they pay out anything that great, but at least it's something to be excited about.

As I do agree with this, they are technically giving you a free item,regardless of its worth, that's how they will see it, and as there often full of jargon I have gotten svt and 30 donuts twice. So it does pay out,just very very rarely.
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited June 2013
    mgrayson85 wrote:

Um, because they're free, they don't have to give us anything and sometimes you can get something good out of one.

I mean, you basically posted "Why don't they just give us premium stuff if they're going to give us anything?".

Jeez.
    I agree with, TheKingChivas, they are free so why are you complaining about it? Sure it may be very rare to get something actually decent out of it, but who cares. EA needs to make a profit, so they can't be giving away all these free premium items, just because you play daily. They all ready give you a chance to get free premium items, with holiday events, and the small chance with the weekly mystery box. I am always exited to get my weekly mystery box, even though i will probably get some crap, but it's the small chance that i may get something good that excites me. If you want more premium items, and you already play enough to get weekly mystery boxes, why not shell out some money for this game, that apparently you like enough to play daily, you were able to download for free, so why not give 20$ or so to get a cool building or character you like?
  • xioG
    92 posts
    edited June 2013
    mgrayson85 wrote:

I'm going to call false, maybe its my luck, but I have gotten 30 Doughnuts 3 times from the mystery box so far in the past 2 months.

But otherwise, yes, all I get are cheap items that I immediately sell because I don't want them.
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I've gotten 30 donuts twice in the last 2 months. I'm saving this new 30 I just got this past Friday to get another character.
  • mgrayson85
    14 posts
    edited June 2013
    That's amazing I've been playing since December and never gotten the 30 doughnuts or svt. I also "shell out" plenty of cash on the game and don't think it's too much to get an item that increases money and xp by a whopping .25% what's the harm in that?
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited June 2013
    mgrayson85 wrote:
    That's amazing I've been playing since December and never gotten the 30 doughnuts or svt. I also "shell out" plenty of cash on the game and don't think it's too much to get an item that increases money and xp by a whopping .25% what's the harm in that?
    I see what your saying, but EA still has to make money. I don't know about you but i have gotten multiple white picket fences from the mystery box and they have a .05% increase in cash and xp payout, so if you get multiples of them, it can add up to a good number.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    I got 30 donuts 3 times in a row. And 30 donuts a few other times, too. It's all just random and like others have said, free, regardless.
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited June 2013
    Think of all the people that get 30 doughnuts. I bet there are hundreds of people that get 30 doughnuts a day from the mystery box, considering the popularity of the game. Obviously, i don't really know how many people get the free 30 doughnuts daily, because not everyone logs onto a forum and posts about it, and considering the popularity of the game, which probably has a hundreds of thousands of downloads, i don't doubt it. so say 50 people get a free 30 doughnuts a day, that's about 3$ per person. So that's 150$ a day that they lose, and about 4,500$ a month of free doughnuts they give out each month, on a free little app. This of course only has purpose if I am correct with how many people get free doughnuts a day, I am just guessing, so sorry if I am wrong.
  • mgrayson85
    14 posts
    edited June 2013
    I have gotten a few white fences and it feels like I'm 9 years old on Christmas. Honestly I just think it needs to be tweaked. Maybe a news stand or parking lot was good at lvl one, but still at 30 is just sickening.
  • MumblingReject
    104 posts
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking that instead, every mysterbox day you should get a mini multiplier that only works on your daily bonus. Something like .25 - .5%. With that over time you'd definitely start raking in the dough. I guess the only problem would be getting the lemon tree and the ever so rare 30 donuts that I actually got once.
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking that instead, every mysterbox day you should get a mini multiplier that only works on your daily bonus. Something like .25 - .5%. With that over time you'd definitely start raking in the dough. I guess the only problem would be getting the lemon tree and the ever so rare 30 donuts that I actually got once.
    That wouldn't be a bad idea, I wouldn't complain if they started doing that.
  • goaliegirl38
    13 posts
    edited June 2013
    The only "premium" item I have ever received from a misery box is the lemon tree... I have 10 newspaper boxes, 8 angel topiaries, 25 brown fences and 7 parking stalls in my inventory... All from misery boxes... At this point I would probably jump for joy if I got a white fence or a bench with jacket!
  • bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    I think they're nice for the daily prizes but I wouldn't pay donuts for them, tbh.
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited June 2013
    bryantvb84 wrote:
    I think they're nice for the daily prizes but I wouldn't pay donuts for them, tbh.

I definately wouldnt pay doughnuts for a mystery box either, but getting one once a week with a small chance if getting something good keeps me logging in everyday, to hopefully get that rare 30 doughnuts or building from the mystery box
  • jippy6048
    540 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    mgrayson85 wrote:

What, and miss out adding to my growing collection of brown fences, parking lots, and newspaper boxes?
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I know we get alot of crap in there but iam sure you've all recieved something useful. People it's free, with a chance to win donuts or premium character and building although its minimal, is worth keeping them. If we did have them I'd be short 60 donuts and without svt. So at the end they do pee me of with the inconsistency of premium items, but they are free.
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    $250...that's right: Two-hundred-and-fifty dollars. Hate to sound ungrateful, but.... :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.