EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #20: MOE’S ARK: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Prev1
AOFIGO009
1306 posts Member
Here we go again, another Event drops, and now it’s clear, they’re coming more often these days, it’s been barely two or three weeks since the last Event! Still, it keeps us all out of trouble-especially you-and gives me something to do while my girlfriend is away. I love zoos and animals though-you ever played Zoo Tycoon? They were great games!-so I’m really excited for this Event.

Anyway, as usual, this is the place to go to post your hints, tricks and tips, and as usual the best will make the front page, although coinciding with Events coming more frequently, Events are less strenuous these days, which is good, as we all have busy lives!

Good luck, and happy tapping!

Important Notes
Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Muhsterino has provided a thread showing you how to check this. It's the first part hidden by "Spoiler": https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1?new=1
This is also a brilliant thread anyway that Muhsterino has alerted me to for this message, that I think can be equally useful for long-term players as well as the new players it's "marketed" to.
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Event Calendar
    2NLfVTQ.png
    Act I Calendar
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    Information Incoming......
  • Thanks for the calendar :)
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    Can anybody tell me whether the crafting has started yet? For some reason it hasn’t for me, and so I had trouble getting my bonus to 2%.
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    AOFIGO009 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me whether the crafting has started yet? For some reason it hasn’t for me, and so I had trouble getting my bonus to 2%.

This event instead of crafting we level up the buildings like the emu experience to get decorations, the decorations give you bonuses when placed inside the blue zone behind your zoo entrance. When you reach level 8 you get another building back at level 1 so you can get unlimited decorations just like traditional crafting.

• How many of each Zoo enclosure are we allowed to have?
  • I think another thread said they were unlimited
  • aidx1054 wrote: »
    AOFIGO009 wrote: »

This event instead of crafting we level up the buildings like the emu experience to get decorations, the decorations give you bonuses when placed inside the blue zone behind your zoo entrance. When you reach level 8 you get another building back at level 1 so you can get unlimited decorations just like traditional crafting.

Ah right, thanks. :)
  • The visitors spawn 1 every 10 minutes. Max in town 30, with a bank of 30.
  • EllieGuseman
    1659 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Basics of this event:
    The Animal Feeding Station clears all your visitors every 4 hours . Visitors can give you prize currency, upgrade currency and Frogs (to send to neighbors)
    Tap the Zoo Gate to send characters on tasks to earn Animal Feed (act 1 prize currency), Sanctuary Grants (for upgrading the Emu Experience, Big Cat Country etc.)
    Upgrade the Emu Experience to earn decorations that you place in the blue bonus area to increase the rewards from the characters' tasks.
    Send frogs to neighbors. You get a reward whether or not they tap the frogs on their end. The reward is bigger if they do find them. Each town can only have a max of 10 Frogs from friends. There is a counter in the top right corner that tells you how many you can drop.
    Visit neighbors to tap on visitors. Looks like you can only tap on 24 total visitors in friend's towns. On the bottom left is an information icon that will tell you how many neighbor actions you have left.
    Do the event Daily Challenges and collect them.
    (Edited for spelling and clarify frogs come from visitors not tasks.)
    Post edited by EllieGuseman on
  • I think it is 24 taps in friends towns. Can anyone confirm?
    (I was afraid to edit it because it might disappear)
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    I think it is 24 taps in friends towns. Can anyone confirm?
    (I was afraid to edit it because it might disappear)

It's 30 taps, I just checked

• Thanks. I must have tapped before I checked. :)
  • Just curious, so to increase the bonus, once you have the emu experience "upgrade" you have to make additional emu experiences and upgrade them? or am I misunderstanding?
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    dubhe1313 wrote: »
    Just curious, so to increase the bonus, once you have the emu experience "upgrade" you have to make additional emu experiences and upgrade them? or am I misunderstanding?

Every second upgrade gives you a decoration which gives a bonus when placed inside the blue zone, and the last upgrade gives you another emu experience which gives another bonus and can be upgraded to get even more decorations and emu experiences so you can get unlimited decorations, the same goes for the big cat country (I think that's the name, it's the fifth prize on the prize track in act 1). The max bonus is 40%.

So in other words you're right but your forgetting the decorations you get count as well.

• aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    For anyone who's curious:

Attraction Bonus Breakdown
    Emu Experience - 1.25%
    • Duck Pond - 1%
    • Hay Bales - 1%
    • Petting Zoo Awning - 1%

Big Cat Country - 2.25%
    • Big Cat Play Area - 1.5%
    • Big Cat Lazy Rock - 1.5%
    • Big Cat Lazy River - 1.5%

Other Points to Note:
    • For the bonuses to take affect they need to be placed near the zoo entrance in the zone indicated in blue when in edit mode.
    • Only one square of the decoration or building has to be in the zone for the bonus to take affect, so don't worry about cramming everything tightly together.
    • The bonus only affects animal feed (prize track currency) paid out by the springfielders jobs not those paid out by zoo visitors (tappable NPCs), invading frogs (tappable NPCs from friends) both sent and received, daily challenges, or friend visits.

• Non helpful note you could make all the animals in an enclosures the same one, I just made every slot in my original Emu Experience an Emu (for logical sense) I fear no-one will visit it, as Emus can be quite aggressive.

• If would could change the signs to Lama Land, Armadillo Villa, etc. I'd get more.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Posted this under the "Secondary Quests" thread, but apparently it's "awaiting moderation"... :confused:

So for Act 2 & 3's questline exhibits, you need to get > X% event bonus to finish Part 1 of the quest (as well as upgrade X times) - 20% for Baboon County in Act 2, 40% for Warmonger in Act 3. Trouble is, you won't have enough bonus % for that with just 1x each owned exhibit (even fully levelled).
    • Act 2 - you should have 15.75% when you've upgraded Baboon County up to Lvl3 - (4.25% for Emu fully upgraded, 6.75% for Big Cat fully upgraded, plus 4.75% for Baboon levelled up to 3).
    • Act 3 - you should have 39% when you've upgraded Warmonger County up to Lvl3 - (4.25% for Emu fully upgraded, 6.75% for Big Cat fully upgraded, 8.75% for Baboon County fully upgraded, 12.75% for Great Plains fully upgraded, plus 6.5% for Warmonger levelled up to 3).
    So for both of those quests, you'd have to get a 2nd double-up of one of the exhibits & start levelling it too, lest you "waste" an upgrade to Baboon or Warmonger when you're still stuck on Part 1 of their questlines.

Just a word of warning to watch for this, unless EA does another patch to fix it.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    If would could change the signs to Lama Land, Armadillo Villa, etc. I'd get more.

Exactly, it is silly to have all of them named Emu Experience, if you want to show other animals