EA Forums - Banner

Land Token Walk-Out

Prev1
I'm deleting my game in protest over the land token system.

I've been a long time supporter (both playing and spending money) of the game for just shy of 5 years now. In that time I've never seriously considered quitting until now.

I've had the same core town for years now and have enjoyed getting what came down to roughly a strip of new land per event (usually two strips every other event but comes down to the same) which was all I needed to incorporate all the new buildings and premium buildings I paid for into my town.

But this year they've done away with our purchasing land for in-game money and instead give us just a handful of tokens per event (or random blocks that still aren't large enough to hold everything being released during that event).

It pains me to quit playing and I'm otherwise satisfied with the game except for this change of policy. Since the Badlands event I haven't been getting enough tokens to design with. My buildings are just stacked on top of each other or just sitting in storage.

Many of us have been complaining about for months. I had faith EA would change their policy. At this point the only way their going to take it seriously is if people start deleting their games.


If you don't agree, cool. Please be civil in any responses. If this issue doesn't bother you, cool. That doesn't mean other people are wrong in being upset by it. If you like nuking your town and consolidating down, cool. Many of us don't.

For years I was a very active member of this forum and part of the family. I've mostly given up because the extreme negativity over the past year or so from the forum knights who lash out at anyone who disagrees with where the game is going.

Kind of like the game, the forums aren't nearly as enjoyable as they were years ago either.

Replies

  • whitehatman
    129 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Ok

    Quite frankly I don't see why you felt the need to announce it on the forum as if anyone would even care

    If you want to leave, leave but don't litter the forum with trash in the process
  • Take luck
  • can I have your Costington’s?
  • Ok bye now. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Ta ta for now... :|
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Willy9292
    1641 posts Member
    Johnny2bd wrote: »

    It pains me to quit playing and I'm otherwise satisfied with the game except for this change of policy. Since the Badlands event I haven't been getting enough tokens to design with. My buildings are just stacked on top of each other or just sitting in storage.

    Many of us have been complaining about for months. I had faith EA would change their policy. At this point the only way their going to take it seriously is if people start deleting their games.


    For years I was a very active member of this forum and part of the family. I've mostly given up because the extreme negativity over the past year or so from the forum knights who lash out at anyone who disagrees with where the game is going.

    Kind of like the game, the forums aren't nearly as enjoyable as they were years ago either.[/i]

    @Johnny2bd I pulled a couple points out in your message, they are above. I am sorry to see a long time player pushed to the point of leaving. You get attached to these silly games over the years.

    I have been concerned that due to the longevity of this game we may be coming to the end, as profits drop and other games take up more development resources. We also have some logistical issues. As more land is added, the database grows and we are already seeing not so older devices having issues and being left behind.

    I guess that many of the things being done by EA are their attempts to add to the life of the game. They have limited the fast growth of the land area, and are obviously trying things to up donut sales. There are new people entering the game, and this becomes an issue on their end. The Gil deal and donut bonus in this event are designed to draw people back, not help the regulars. Us long timers have worked and hit the point where in game cash is plentiful, donuts are relative easy to earn, and from a business model perspective, they are not going to get much more out of us. This has resulted in a shift to things to help the new guys, like giving a block of land at the start of an event. Drives the rest of us nuts.

    In terms of the forum, I agree. There is a rise in genuine nastiness. Not the frustration over Add Me being stuck everywhere, but people who are getting very aggressive with ideas they do not agree with. I am not sure of the answer, but I have seen a rise in people calling out this behavior, which is also good.

    I don't consider your post trash, but an honest attempt to put out your perspective on the state of the game. Lets call it game discussion. Might I suggest you just step back for a while. Others have, and have come back months later and enjoyed the game again. In any event, best wishes.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 2hyl62q.jpg

    Go out with style my friend!
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • tumblr_mc4c0ipbzw1rqjsb0.gif
    =====
  • I guarantee we will be seeing land tokens for cash.
  • @Johnny2bd sorry to see you bail out neighboreeno! The game has definitely changed over the years! I'll be playin til the bitter end! :relaxed:

    I hope you change your mind and come back some day!
    D'oh!!
  • K bye
  • Sorry you feel this way, hoping you will decide to make it back to us someday.................

    I agree the forum has become edged with nasty- as evidenced by some of the response to this post, that Literally were requested to Just Not in the first place.

    Much luck to you friend
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Bye Felicia.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    I guarantee we will be seeing land tokens for cash.
    yogi-berra-photo-quote-1.jpg


  • I totally get where the OP is coming from.....new content has generally been very good the last year or so in my opinion, but the land tokens and item limit issues are definitely hampering the enjoyment.....

    I’m probably not quite ready to quit over it.....been playing 6 years now daily and kind of can’t imagine a life without tapping :smiley:

    But I do feel the game has lost something ever since they did away with level ups. I was also really disappointed at them nuking Krustyland - I spent soooo long designing mine and always felt they could have done more with it.

    I wonder if the game will last much past the 30th Season of the show?
  • simpsonare
    2233 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    johnbethel wrote: »
    I wonder if the game will last much past the 30th Season of the show?

    The simpsons will live on through profit
  • Ok

    Quite frankly I don't see why you felt the need to announce it on the forum as if anyone would even care

    If you want to leave, leave but don't litter the forum with trash in the process

    Quite frankly I don't see why you felt the need to reply. They were quite clear about just stating their position on this.
  • Johnny2bd wrote: »
    I'm deleting my game in protest over the land token system.

    I've been a long time supporter (both playing and spending money) of the game for just shy of 5 years now. In that time I've never seriously considered quitting until now.

    I've had the same core town for years now and have enjoyed getting what came down to roughly a strip of new land per event (usually two strips every other event but comes down to the same) which was all I needed to incorporate all the new buildings and premium buildings I paid for into my town.

    But this year they've done away with our purchasing land for in-game money and instead give us just a handful of tokens per event (or random blocks that still aren't large enough to hold everything being released during that event).

    It pains me to quit playing and I'm otherwise satisfied with the game except for this change of policy. Since the Badlands event I haven't been getting enough tokens to design with. My buildings are just stacked on top of each other or just sitting in storage.

    Many of us have been complaining about for months. I had faith EA would change their policy. At this point the only way their going to take it seriously is if people start deleting their games.


    If you don't agree, cool. Please be civil in any responses. If this issue doesn't bother you, cool. That doesn't mean other people are wrong in being upset by it. If you like nuking your town and consolidating down, cool. Many of us don't.

    For years I was a very active member of this forum and part of the family. I've mostly given up because the extreme negativity over the past year or so from the forum knights who lash out at anyone who disagrees with where the game is going.

    Kind of like the game, the forums aren't nearly as enjoyable as they were years ago either.

    I do hope you are able to enjoy the game again someday. Maybe they'll work it out at some point.
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    This game has gone through so many changes. With each players decide to leave. The reality is that everything has a finite period of time, and this is just an excuse to end your time playing. It's inevitable.
  • Just don't nuke on the way out, neighbor. You have a nice town that I want to steal some ideas from
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!