EA Forums - Banner

Items present but not displaying

Replies

• SzymaaX
    2 posts New member
    Any word at all on a fix for this? Huge chunks of my town are invisible and have been since the Zoo update.

Playing on a Galaxy Tab S3
  • I haven't heard anything about a fix for this.

I'm still having the same issue since just prior to the zoo update as well.

The problem seems to be growing for me as I can't see the following premium items that I purchased:
    • Frankenstein's Castle
    • Burns Castle
    • Swamp
    • Spooky Gorge or whatever it's called
    • I also can't see the town reward from Act I

So that tells me that new and old objects are being affected.

My wife can see everything in my town just fine, when she visits on her iPad.

/sigh
  • I'm going to make a quick update to this issue, regarding my own experience.

I got a new Samsung S9+ this past weekend, downloaded TSTO on that phone, and there are no missing graphics. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is still missing graphics and it's only affecting TSTO.

I have Android version 8.0.0 (Oreo) and Samsung Experience 9.0 on both machines. The only difference that I can see, in the software information, is the Android Security Patch Level. My S9+ was updated 9/1/18. My Tab S3 was updated 4/1/18.

The majority of reviews on the TSTO app in the Google Play Store, using my device only (Tab S3), express having the same issue since the zoo update dropped in early August.

Are there any other non-Galaxy Tab S3 players having this same issue?

• Still not fixed :/
  • Not yet, it seems they tried once but screwed up a few other features and had to back out.
  • Still not fixed. Does anyone else think EA are getting close to retiring the game? This Black Friday feels like a last ditch attempt to squeeze the last big of revenue out of the game...
  • aelliott21 wrote: »
    Still not fixed. Does anyone else think EA are getting close to retiring the game? This Black Friday feels like a last ditch attempt to squeeze the last big of revenue out of the game...

No. The black friday sale happens every year. I dont think its going anywhere anytime soon
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • I have an open ticket and brought it to the reps attention about this post and he said he's working with the developers to fix. I think part of the problem was when ever a ticket was open regarding the problem it was going to a different rep each time and EA didnt realize that everyone with a tab 3 is being affected.
  • babyg2479 wrote: »
    I have an open ticket and brought it to the reps attention about this post and he said he's working with the developers to fix. I think part of the problem was when ever a ticket was open regarding the problem it was going to a different rep each time and EA didnt realize that everyone with a tab 3 is being affected.

Actually, there was a fix for a brief time but it had so many negative side effects, EA had to back it out.

Some developer did know but what if anything EA is doing is unknown. (I hope he didn't get fired for not testing and took the error reports with him)
  • aelliott21 wrote: »
    Still not fixed. Does anyone else think EA are getting close to retiring the game? This Black Friday feels like a last ditch attempt to squeeze the last big of revenue out of the game...

No. The black friday sale happens every year. I dont think its going anywhere anytime soon

I don't remember a Black Friday sale in this format. Probably my memory letting me down.
  • ChristianJ92
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I have no idea if EA is truly working on this issue or not as I'm still dealing with this problem.

However, I had an isolated incident occur. I don't know if it might help the game developers or not.
    • I received the Polo Field House in the Black Friday Gold Mystery Box
    • The graphic did not display when I placed it
    • After the Christmas 2018 update, the snow covered Polo Field House IS displaying
    • This is the only one of my numerous missing graphics that did start displaying

I don't know if the developers can see any differences between those two, but I believe that looking at the normal graphic and snow covered graphic might help them pinpoint the issue.

Anyone think I should relay that to EA support?
  • I have no idea if EA is truly working on this issue or not as I'm still dealing with this problem.

However, I had an isolated incident occur. I don't know if it might help the game developers or not.
    • I received the Polo Field House in the Black Friday Gold Mystery Box
    • The graphic did not display when I placed it
    • After the Christmas 2018 update, the snow covered Polo Field House IS displaying
    • This is the only one of my numerous missing graphics that did start displaying

I don't know if the developers can see any differences between those two, but I believe that looking at the normal graphic and snow covered graphic might help them pinpoint the issue.

Anyone think I should relay that to EA support?

More than likely the winter poll field house is a different color than the winter one. Expect it to revert when snow gone. Now I have to check mine
  • Still not fixed. It seems as if the application does not recognize the Tab S3s current resolution. Is anyone at EA working on this? Ugh!
  • Another update:

I purchased Young Grandpa Simpson and Young Artie Ziff today. Neither the Aircraft Carrier or Marge Sculpture Garden are displaying on my Tab S3.

/sigh...
  • babyg2479, any news on your open ticket with EA?
  • I was thinking of getting a Tab S4 are people still having issues with EA coding for the samsung tablets?
  • Issue still exists on my Tab S3.
  • Any bets on EA fixing this issue with the next update? Any bets on EA ever fixing this issue?
  • Apparently, this update today has fixed it. Have not ssen the mountains in months. Nice to see all the new content for the first time
  • Apparently, this update today has fixed it. Have not ssen the mountains in months. Nice to see all the new content for the first time

Same here, it has been fixed. I now have to tidy my town - haven't had any idea how everything fit together for a year!

Well done, EA.