EA Forums - Banner

Visiting neighbors ~ problem w/tadpoles

Prev1
Jonalinn
1751 posts Member
edited August 2018
When I tap on my neighbor's game (doesn't matter which one) the tadpoles up in the right-hand corner flash "10" on and off and then drop to "0". I know I haven't used any of them other than one obligatory visit I had to make as part of the game. Is anyone else having this problem? How am I supposed to drop tadpoles in other towns? :/
You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

Replies

• I don't recall having this issue.
  • Jonalinn
    1751 posts Member
    simpsonare wrote: »
    I don't recall having this issue.

Thanks @simpsonare ... hopefully it's something that will just go away on it's own.
  • Doesn’t that usually mean the town you’re trying to drop them in is already full? Presumably if you go to other towns it will work? Or are you getting the same result in every town?
  • It just means their town is full. When it’s first loading it says 10 till it downloads correctly
  • Willy9292
    1422 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It just means their town is full. When it’s first loading it says 10 till it downloads correctly

Yes. This has been the case in most events where you drop something into a neighbours town. It shows 10 and quickly resets to the actual number that you can drop.
    Post edited by Willy9292 on
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • P-dont
    121 posts Member
    Jonalinn, try my town. I am down on the list alphabetically, very few people visit my town and I clear out my town on a regular basis. Oh I am also one of you neighbours
  • Jonalinn
    1751 posts Member
    Doesn’t that usually mean the town you’re trying to drop them in is already full? Presumably if you go to other towns it will work? Or are you getting the same result in every town?

I was getting the same result in every town I visited :/
  • Jonalinn
    1751 posts Member
    P-dont wrote: »
    Jonalinn, try my town. I am down on the list alphabetically, very few people visit my town and I clear out my town on a regular basis. Oh I am also one of you neighbours

@P-dont Thanks.. on my way there now! ;)
  • Jonalinn
    1751 posts Member
    It just means their town is full. When it’s first loading it says 10 till it downloads correctly

But it's happening on every town :/
  • Jonalinn
    1751 posts Member

@P-dont This is what I see :/
    U31E1V5.png
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    When I tap on my neighbor's game (doesn't matter which one) the tadpoles up in the right-hand corner flash "10" on and off and then drop to "0". I know I haven't used any of them other than one obligatory visit I had to make as part of the game. Is anyone else having this problem? How am I supposed to drop tadpoles in other towns? :/

Does this also happen with the Other Springfield?

• Jonalinn
    1751 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Great question @KrustyBrand ~ no, it doesn't.
  • That's because the clear all visitors and critters isn't working on the frogs. The frogs you see when you tap that are the ones you would have got from tapping zoo visitors manually.

You have to physically search for them to clear them from your town. If no one is clearing them manually then there towns will remain full.

I think they are only supposed to be in your town for 4hrs but who knows for sure.

It's buggy as heck. :/
  • Jonalinn wrote: »

Great question @KrustyBrand ~ no, it doesn't.

Well, given that, you should at least be able to complete daily challenges involving the dropping of tadpoles. As to the larger problem, it’s odd, although I do dimly recall a small number of similar reports from past events. I don’t think those glitches were ever really resolved (except, of course, when the event ended).

• 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    That's because the clear all visitors and critters isn't working on the frogs. The frogs you see when you tap that are the ones you would have got from tapping zoo visitors manually.

You have to physically search for them to clear them from your town. If no one is clearing them manually then there towns will remain full.

I think they are only supposed to be in your town for 4hrs but who knows for sure.

This hasn't been the case for me. When I tap clear all... It clears visitors and
    That's because the clear all visitors and critters isn't working on the frogs. The frogs you see when you tap that are the ones you would have got from tapping zoo visitors manually.

Pretty sure @Jonalinn is talking about a separate issue.

• P-dont
    121 posts Member

@P-dont This is what I see :/
    U31E1V5.png

It doesn't seem right. I have been able to drop frogs in your town, but I have never seen a single frog in my town. A couple of times I have looked for them before I tap the feeding station, but I have found nothing. I thought it was because my name is far down the list. :/

Pretty sure @Jonalinn is talking about a separate issue.

Yes I know I'm just stating that it's buggy. Myself included. I have over 200 critters that I havent been able to drop.
  • I am thinking that this clear all button on one of the item would also have wiped the frogs away? Hence hard to find a frog in town.
  • BLITZDonuts
    188 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    The flashing icon represents the calculating process to show you how many number of frogs left you can leave on your neighbor town. Is flashing because the town just loaded. This is been going on for couple of years. Is showing 0 because the town is full. The towns are full because all tappers are flooding with 10 fros. I have 65 frogs now. I can invade 6 town or 12 by my own if I leave 5 piece.