EA Forums - Banner

Trapped in Tapped

Long time lurker, only commented once or twice in the last few years but I have finally come to terms with a problem that I (heroically) ignored for years. Long story short; when I first began playing years ago I never created an EA login...just started anonymous and never changed. Now my poor phone is reaching the end of the line and I fear my game will be trapped on my old phone. Is there any solution? If I take my phone in can the memory file be transferred?

Tried EA help and...they couldn't even figure out what game I was talking about.

Replies

• Hey! Welcome back to the forum! No need to worry about asking anyone else about it, your account is stored on a server. Alls you need to do when you get your new phone is download the tapped out app from the AppStore or Google Play market. Then you can login with your user name and password from Origins.

You will he please to know your game will function much better too in the new phone! Good luck!
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    You'll need to save your Springfield to an origin account first, if you are not sure how to that this link might help
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/INFO-How-do-I-register-my-TSTO-account-with-Origin/m-p/1464253#U1464253'%3EHow
    It's an old one and I have had my origin account for years so I'm not 100% sure it's still up to date but hopefully it helps.

• Hey! Welcome back to the forum! No need to worry about asking anyone else about it, your account is stored on a server. Alls you need to do when you get your new phone is download the tapped out app from the AppStore or Google Play market. Then you can login with your user name and password from Origins.

You will he please to know your game will function much better too in the new phone! Good luck!

Anonymous games are not stored on a server. That's their primary concern.

They need to save their game and create a user ID. THEN it will be backed up on servers at EA.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • This is the part you're looking for:
    large?v=mpbl-1&px=-1.jpg
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    Hey! Welcome back to the forum! No need to worry about asking anyone else about it, your account is stored on a server. Alls you need to do when you get your new phone is download the tapped out app from the AppStore or Google Play market. Then you can login with your user name and password from Origins.

Anonymous games are not stored on a server. That's their primary concern.

They need to save their game and create a user ID. THEN it will be backed up on servers at EA.

Good point. I assumed too much.
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • kylemellev801
    87 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm...speechless, I can't believe it was that easy. I've spoken to EA multiple times to find a solution and it was smacking me in the face the whole time.

It's funny, I tried to create an origin account two years ago and it never gave me the prompt to utilize the file on my device. It always defaulted to a new game, so I was afraid to mess around with it.

Thank you all so much! I've had my phone so long the chrome bits are falling off, I can finally move on!
  • I played anonymously for a while, up 'til I realised I was pretty invested in the game. It was mostly the fear of losing all my progress from having my device broken, stolen or lost that got me signing up for an account.
  • I'm...speechless, I can't believe it was that easy. I've spoken to EA multiple times to find a solution and it was smacking me in the face the whole time.

It's funny, I tried to create an origin account two years ago and it never gave me the prompt to utilize the file on my device. It always defaulted to a new game, so I was afraid to mess around with it.

Thank you all so much! I've had my phone so long the chrome bits are falling off, I can finally move on!

It's a good rule of thumb to always come to the forum for help before contacting EA. A fair portion of the "help" there doesn't know what they're talking about.
  • I'm...speechless, I can't believe it was that easy. I've spoken to EA multiple times to find a solution and it was smacking me in the face the whole time.

It's a good rule of thumb to always come to the forum for help before contacting EA. A fair portion of the "help" there doesn't know what they're talking about.

And the other half sends people here to get rid of them faster!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.