EA Forums - Banner

Allotted zoo land area

Prev1
168sean168
3141 posts Member
edited August 2018
I feel that the allotted land area for the zoo at the corner is getting too cramped for all the big items released and the area down next to it is also not opened. How do you overcome this? Are you shifting the zoo elsewhere?
Post edited by 168sean168 on

Replies

• I never started my zoo in the land they gave us. Its now my holding area.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I agree completely. It's why i hate EA and their dumb token system. I just redesigned my zoo to fit new features. It's forcing me to delete my own creations if i want to stay in the same footprint.

But you should have noticed, the bonus area attached to the main gate is much larger than the land allotment they gave us. They must have expected us to outgrow the space given. They know they're frustrating us, they just don't care.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    I feel that the alloted land area for the zoo at the corner is getting too cramped for all the big items released and the area down next to it is also not opened. How do you overcome this? Are you shifting the zoo elsewhere?

I never considered putting the zoo there. I'm thinking of making it a North Pole/Christmas area, right above my Canadian border crossing.
  • lucienleon519
    920 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I never wanted the zoo next to I&S Land so I put it somewhere else from the outset.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    I agree completely. It's why i hate EA and their dumb token system. I just redesigned my zoo to fit new features. It's forcing me to delete my own creations if i want to stay in the same footprint.

But you should have noticed, the bonus area attached to the main gate is much larger than the land allotment they gave us. They must have expected us to outgrow the space given. They know they're frustrating us, they just don't care.

I see. I didnt know that the bonus area from the gate is bigger than the allotted space! Yes this is frustrating, need to move things around again.
  • Yes @Willy9292 , @TheJuiceLoosener , @lucienleon519 , I wrongly assumed that area is big enough for the zoo. Time to do some shifting.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    Yes @Willy9292 , @TheJuiceLoosener , @lucienleon519 , I wrongly assumed that area is big enough for the zoo. Time to do some shifting.

I have increased my size twice, and should now be able to squeeze it all together. Its tight and I am larger than the bonus area.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I recently upgraded my zoo to a different area entirely. Mine is currently at 60+ land plots in anticipation for Act 3.
  • When the event started i moved the zoo by the water. I still have plenty of land to buy
  • 1pillform
    1953 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    I never started my zoo in the land they gave us. Its now my holding area.
    Same, I left that area completely empty. Although it was nice of them to open a huge area for this years Xmas event for me. Because that area is literally just north of my last years now permanent Xmas section.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • that land is barren for now
  • I'm using it for the Marine World stuff for now. Depending on how it turns out, I might leave it there connected to my rebuilt Krustyland. Or, I might move MW to the South beach area and build a pier area. Not sure yet.
  • Loanet
    342 posts Member
    Technically, the Slimu Auditorium belongs in Wet'n'Wacky World, the Dolphin Fountain in Marine World, the lions in Discount Lion Safari, and Baboon County and the Emu Experience in the Zoo. So that's like, four parks we have to make.
  • Four parks is fine for some, but I'll stick to my tried and trusted technique of putting stuff where I like.
  • Works fine for me. I haven't moved anything
  • Where was the spot?
    I have my zoo in the upper right hand corner. (shrug)
    I have huge swaths of open land in my town. I can't fathom how there are still cries for more land.
  • Where was the spot?
    I have huge swaths of open land in my town. I can't fathom how there are still cries for more land.

Yeah same. That upper right hand corner is where I was given the land for the zoo but after Act 1 and now Act 2, it is full for me
  • Where was the spot?

When I check out some other towns where the amount of space devoted to each item or themed area is much, much larger than what I devote to mine, the cries for land aren’t surprising. I’ve been playing for years and haven’t bothered to check how much IGC land is still available - but it’s a lot.
  • Where was the spot?

When I check out some other towns where the amount of space devoted to each item or themed area is much, much larger than what I devote to mine, the cries for land aren’t surprising. I’ve been playing for years and haven’t bothered to check how much IGC land is still available - but it’s a lot.

Couldnt agree more. I have bought up all the IGC land though, and still have quite a bit of it available. I dont go crazy with designs for ever item. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just dont be surprised when you run out of land (or room under the item count)
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.

• Couldnt agree more. I have bought up all the IGC land though, and still have quite a bit of it available. I dont go crazy with designs for ever item. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just dont be surprised when you run out of land (or room under the item count)

Good point about the item count - I like a relatively dense feel to my town, so if I gave things a larger footprint I’d go over the limit pretty quick.