EA Forums - Banner

What amount of time for character tasks is most efficient?

I have been setting everyone on 24 hour tasks and wondered if 4 hours, 2 hours, or one hour tasks are more effective for making money.

Replies

• When I can, I do 4-hour tasks, then 8-hour overnight, but it depends on my schedule. If I can do morning/lunch/dinner/bedtime, then 4hours is the most efficient.
  • Loanet
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, in order to get you playing as much as possible, the tasks that net you the most money per minute are actually the 60 minute tasks, so that you'll check in every 60 minutes and feed your addiction.

Once you have the Unemployment Office this becomes more feasible. But by the time you've got there, you're nicely hooked.
  • If you are KEM farming then 4hrs is your best bet
  • 4junk3000
    5491 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    The most efficient method is to set your tasks based on when you expect to log back in again. We want to choose the shortest period because it pays the highest rate.

Example:
    Tap at 8am, set 4 hrs knowing you'll tap at lunch.
    At noon, set 2-3 hrs, knowing you'll tap at 3pm break.
    At 3, set 4 hrs knowing you'll tap at 7pm after dinner.
    At dinner, set 4hrs if you think you'll tap again before bed. BUT IF NOT, set 12 hrs.
    And if you could tap again at 11pm, then do it, and then set for 8hrs.

No matter what time of day, anticipate when you'll be able to log in again and set jobs to complete right before that time.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • UxoremMeam
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    +1 for unemployment office, +free boost for all tasks all at once when @ <10% time left

Also http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Task .
    Look at normal and premium 8 and 12 hour tasks.
    For normal paying tasks, three 8 hour tasks pays a little more than two 12 hour tasks.
    But for premium tasks, the two 12 hour tasks pay more than three 8 hour tasks.

edit: the other way around obviously.
    Post edited by UxoremMeam on
  • UxoremMeam wrote: »
    +1 for unemployment office, +free boost for all tasks all at once when @ <10% time left

Also http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Task .
    Look at normal and premium 8 and 12 hour tasks.
    For normal paying tasks, three 8 hour tasks pays a little more than two 12 hour tasks.
    But for premium tasks, the two 12 hour tasks pay more than three 8 hour tasks.

Um, you calculator needs a new battery.

Premium earning rates for a 24hr period:
    24 = $1000
    12 x2 = $1200
    8 x3 = $1260
    4 x6 = $1560
    2 x12=$2100
    1x24=$2520

But these rates are irrelevant, regarding efficiency, if you cannot log in to collect. That's why you should set tasks to conclude based on when you know you'll be able to log in again.
  • You could read the tips thread which has information about earning money.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-players/p1
    9b53hlCl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    But these rates are irrelevant, regarding efficiency, if you cannot log in to collect. That's why you should set tasks to conclude based on when you know you'll be able to log in again.

Exactly. People tend to get really deep down into the weeds with this stuff, sometimes forgetting that’s it’s all tied to one’s playing behavior/schedule.
  • 4junk3000
    5491 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm playing a roller coaster game that allows a similar technique. There's a food building that can be changed to serve many different snacks. At first i was going for diversity of food options, but then i realised i should change the food every time i log out, based on when I'll be back. Seems odd to have a park full of lemonade stands but I'm earning much more money doing this. Building roller coasters has been fun too.
  • 60 minutes for when you recently started and need every dollar.
    24 hours when you have all the characters because why tap all 300 of them more than you have to?
    For choosing between 4, 8, and 12 hours, it's less about, "when do you want to come back?" and more about, "when are you actually going to come back." (know your habits).
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    The shorter they are the better the payout but of course this only works if you can get on to the game when the tasks finish, if I'm just doing jobs around the house all day I'll do one hour tasks all the time because I can get on to clear them, but if I'm away I'll go with four or eight hours. There are some exceptions though like Maggie's 4 hour tasks to celebrate like 1875 (?) pays out more than her 24 hour tasks so I have her on that full time.

• You could read the tips thread which has a lot of information.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-players/p1
    9b53hlCl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS