EA Forums - Banner

Item limit! 4500 (pic now included pg3)

Prev13
Item limit is back sort of, placed a deck chair on the beach and a message pops up sayin you have 4500 items it is not recommended to go over 4500 due to stability of the game! :thumbdown:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Does this mean you can, but its not recommended?

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited June 2013
    Oh really :shock: Thats a shame the limit is back :( but might be like Whacking day where it left after the update had calmed down :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Tiha24
    160 posts
    edited June 2013
    At least it sounds like it's a recommendation and not a hard limit

I'd rather be able to choose what loading times I'd be happy with and what my device can handle than some arbitrary limit probably based on an entirely different device (though if their servers are chugging I could understand a limit... till they upgraded :D )
  • VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited June 2013
    I (Recommend) EA sucks on my big fat salty ear lobe. :twisted:
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited June 2013
    VinnyDaDon wrote:
    If your city makes people's game crash when they try to visit it, people won't visit your city anymore.
  • adam7226
    255 posts
    edited June 2013
    VinnyDaDon wrote:
    Why because they just released a free update for a free game? Or because they added a bunch of free items to buy. Or because they are still updating a game that was free to get. Or because they recommend that you don't put over 4500 items in your SF, because they don't want your device to crash?
  • Nonoddie
    229 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    TRTX84 wrote:
    VinnyDaDon wrote:
    If your city makes people's game crash when they try to visit it, people won't visit your city anymore.

This is true. I've deleted people (mostly farmers) because I kept crashing when visiting them :cry:

I'm pretty sure they didn't care tho. Lol
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited June 2013
    Nonoddie wrote:
    It seems like it at times.

Which is funny. Because why build a giant Springfield if nobody can see it but you?
  • fuzznugget77
    1010 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    They are probably just capping it until they prove the new update is glitch free like they did with whacking day
  • theanimaldav
    723 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Why because they just released a free update for a free game? Or because they added a bunch of free items to buy. Or because they are still updating a game that was free to get. Or because they recommend that you don't put over 4500 items in your SF, because they don't want your device to crash?

Evil aren't they! :twisted:
  • theanimaldav
    723 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    Item limit is back sort of, placed a deck chair on the beach and a message pops up sayin you have 4500 items it is not recommended to go over 4500 due to stability of the game! :thumbdown:
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Does this mean you can, but its not recommended?

Yea it's just recommended!
  • martiansupia
    385 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    So the only way to know you have come to the recommended limit is to come to the recommended limit.
    How Zen.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    I'm at 10k plus decorations and my game runs smooth....ish
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Nonoddie wrote:
    TRTX84 wrote:
    VinnyDaDon wrote:

This is true. I've deleted people (mostly farmers) because I kept crashing when visiting them :cry:

How do you delete neighbours!?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:

Just checked out your panorama, your town is amazing!!
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • stoob0t
    107 posts
    edited June 2013
    I have no idea how many decorations I have, but seeing as I've used single squares of shrubs/flowers over concrete to create dirt tracks and driveways, it's probably a bit over 4,500! :oops:
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited June 2013
    I am pretty sure I am over that limit and have been placing more items and haven't gotten that message.
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Please change the subject and add "RECOMMENDED" to it. People are running around in panic here and soon the army will be on the streets too, with tanks.

And all this while the missing (original) lamp posts are a far worse problem!
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited June 2013
    Is this exclusive to a device type? Because I'm well over 5,000, and just placed more and haven't gotten that yet.
  • theanimaldav
    723 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:

Keys, how do you have 10k items, your town is so basic, boring and empty haha? :lol:
    Anyone who hasn't seen his town check it out....AMAZING!
  • davesmurano
    116 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Keys1980 wrote:

Keys, how do you have 10k items, your town is so basic, boring and empty haha? :lol:
    Anyone who hasn't seen his town check it out....AMAZING!

it is really good isn't it? wow!
    good job Keys. :)

re the limit... i guess if you're already way over 4500 then maybe you don't get the warning? i think i am.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!