EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

Zoo upgrades after takedown

Will we still be able to earn upgrades to our zoo after the event? I’m playing pretty regularly, but am nowhere near where I want to be on my zoo. I hope it’s one of those you can still upgrade after the event is over.

Replies

• No, it's only for the remainder of the event. I don't think you are even able to upgrade the act specific lands anymore after the act.
    $$Donuts isn't an issue$$ -$1,000 spent-tk7ebwtnrlv3.jpg
  • All my areas have upgrade icons floating over them, I haven’t tried upgrading them though
  • All my areas have upgrade icons floating over them, I haven’t tried upgrading them though

If you don't upgrade them to open all 4 spots for animals before the event ends you never will be able to.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • I ended up buying the 10,000 pieces for 100 donuts and it helped me get a second one of every single park except Warmonger (still currently trying to update that one) IDK if that will help you get your zoo looking the way you want it to.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    All my areas have upgrade icons floating over them, I haven’t tried upgrading them though

If you don't upgrade them to open all 4 spots for animals before the event ends you never will be able to.

I figured that, I just read simpsonare's post as suggesting that once each act was done so was the ability to upgrade them.

I'm tempted to buy some grants to hurry the Warmongers area along, but I know with a while to go in the event yet that I'll likely end up with thousands of grants I won't use.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    No, it's only for the remainder of the event. I don't think you are even able to upgrade the act specific lands anymore after the act.

You can continue to upgrade all of them. That's why the upgrade currency has remained the same throughout the event.
  • I’ve been getting the 10,000 grants so that I can have one area for each type of animal, for example there are four kinds of big cats so I have four displays containing one type of each. I’m continuing to upgrade the Great Plains because I want additional Plains landscaping sections near my desert area
  • I’ve been getting the 10,000 grants so that I can have one area for each type of animal, for example there are four kinds of big cats so I have four displays containing one type of each. I’m continuing to upgrade the Great Plains because I want additional Plains landscaping sections near my desert area
    your town is looking good Gal! wish i have the room in my main town to have one habitat for each animal :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • you cant upgrade post event. only thing u can continue post events is the monorail
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I remember clearly at the Wild West event when the few remaining days they let us buy with cash all the rock formations and other decorations. The same happened with the Spy event when you could use to build an item unlimited number of times once is bought with event currency, but I don't think this time around EA wants to do that with this event, if it was set up in such manner to make you use donuts to buy the 10.000 grands and I believe that these items will end up as bundles in the nearest future.
  • simpsonare
    2466 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    All my areas have upgrade icons floating over them, I haven’t tried upgrading them though

I figured that, I just read simpsonare's post as suggesting that once each act was done so was the ability to upgrade them.

I'm tempted to buy some grants to hurry the Warmongers area along, but I know with a while to go in the event yet that I'll likely end up with thousands of grants I won't use.

That was a guess. It looks there are still some upgradeables available atleast for act 2 and 3. The lion pit and emu experience is no longer available. There are still 4 upgradable for me though. I was guessing previously from past event experiences. But pretty certain it will only be for the remainder of the event from past knowledge. But things can always change.
    $$Donuts isn't an issue$$ -$1,000 spent-tk7ebwtnrlv3.jpg
  • I can still upgrade the Emu's and the lions.
  • I have two of each animal enclosure in my Zoo. I feel pretty comfortable with that, and I don't think I'll add anything to that.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • This is why most of it is going into storage after the event is over since I can't progress in any of the stuff I am having a hard time with. I may put the Aqua stuff on the boardwalk though. But thats it.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Does anyone have any idea whether these items will have any value after the event? Turning into money generators for example?
    I have spare grants, and I don't really know what to spend them on - would usually spend them on something that produces money since that will be useful after the event.
  • My guess is we won't be able to continue to upgrade them after the event closes because it would use the main characters and they need the main characters for the next event. Never mind that we have 100 or so characters basically doing nothing.