EA Forums - Banner

Do not ever tap squidport entrance with floating tile when visiting friends!!

Replies

• Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    snugglesNY wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    ANYWAYS - point is that we can't always finish the tiles as planned and with people stealing them?

This is a huge misnomer. Neighbours are NOT actively stealing your tiles, when they tap on them. No tiles are added to their inventory. Before I was aware of the bug, I mistakenly tapped a tile (early on when squid port had just became available). In doing so, nothing was added to my inventory and the compensation was the same as tapping on a neighbour's building. I regret my mistake as I now know I set someone back. And I have experienced the same issue, where someone tapped one of my tiles after a 12hr build time.

This is obviously a glitch in the game, that wasn't found in the QA testing. But it's important that EA become aware of it and resolve the issue. And it's also important that we all spread the word to as many players as possible. But saying that 'neighbours are stealing tiles'. May only encourage people to try it out on their neighbours in a quest to increase their own inventory.

+1 it is not stealing
    Bump
  • nancalmei
    215 posts
    edited June 2013
    BUMP
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    never mind
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited June 2013
    Bump
  • JenSL625
    5 posts
    edited June 2013
    Here Here! They're expensive. I hate losing them!
  • BangkokJohn
    30 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't think this is a 'Glitch". I think EA knows people will find this frustrating thus you are more likely to "Buy" tiles with donuts.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    kqw.png

Guess this wasn't clear enough
  • VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited June 2013
    Thanks neighbor 16 F****** hours !! Awesome !! Hope this is fixed soon
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited June 2013
    snugglesNY wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    ANYWAYS - point is that we can't always finish the tiles as planned and with people stealing them?

This is a huge misnomer. Neighbours are NOT actively stealing your tiles, when they tap on them. No tiles are added to their inventory. Before I was aware of the bug, I mistakenly tapped a tile (early on when squid port had just became available). In doing so, nothing was added to my inventory and the compensation was the same as tapping on a neighbour's building. I regret my mistake as I now know I set someone back. And I have experienced the same issue, where someone tapped one of my tiles after a 12hr build time.

This is obviously a glitch in the game, that wasn't found in the QA testing. But it's important that EA become aware of it and resolve the issue. And it's also important that we all spread the word to as many players as possible. But saying that 'neighbours are stealing tiles'. May only encourage people to try it out on their neighbours in a quest to increase their own inventory.

BUMP

Good point, I'm guessing the notion of 'stealing' will further urge greedy neighbours to try it out. Whatever happened to the good old days of graffiti, eh? :roll:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    snugglesNY wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

BUMP

Good point, I'm guessing the notion of 'stealing' will further urge greedy neighbours to try it out. Whatever happened to the good old days of graffiti, eh? :roll:

I choose to call it stealing because it's gone. I'm not going to change that, to me it is stolen. I would think the people doing it know they don't actually get it but are just doing it to make sure the owner of the town doesn't get it either.

IE - being jerks.
  • nosliwmas58
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Everyone needs to see this. And I hope EA compensates everyone buy giving some decent amount if tiles to everyone. Ive lost at least 10 and its frustrating as poop.
  • nosliwmas58
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Which brings me to my next question, how do you delete friends?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Everyone needs to see this. And I hope EA compensates everyone buy giving some decent amount if tiles to everyone. Ive lost at least 10 and its frustrating as poop.

You lost 10?

WOW :shock:

I was upset about losing 4 (it may have been 5 but I wasn't aware of what was going on immediately).

What device are you playing on? I have no idea with Android but on an Apple device just go to your profile and your friends are listed there. Click on their names, select profile, and then remove. You can also download the Origin client to a PC (found on the EA site) and remove them that way.
  • p0rkp1e
    145 posts
    edited June 2013
    Grrr, just lost my third tile, guess I am just going to have to time the builds so that they finish when I know I am around.

Hope EA fix this soon.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    You can't delete friends from within the game on android.

You can either use a different game that uses origin, goto origin.com log in and blacklist people or install origin on a pc and manage friends from there.
  • nosliwmas58
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

You lost 10?

WOW :shock:

I was upset about losing 4 (it may have been 5 but I wasn't aware of what was going on immediately).

What device are you playing on? I have no idea with Android but on an Apple device just go to your profile and your friends are listed there. Click on their names, select profile, and then remove. You can also download the Origin client to a PC (found on the EA site) and remove them that way.

Yeah, thankfully they were pretty much the first ones I built so it wasnt a whole lot of time or money but still maddening.
  • nancalmei
    215 posts
    edited June 2013
    I guess I should be thankful that I have crappy friends that never come into my town. I was actually going through the list and so many haven't logged in in months. I really only have one or two coming to my town every day and they probably know about the tile or I've just been lucky. Sometimes having too many daily players can hurt you right at the start of updates when there are still a few glitches to be found/worked out. I feel bad that so many of you have lost not one but multiple tiles. That really really sucks. Hopefully, EA will make it up to everyone when they finally fix the glitch. Perhaps even over the weekend since it's Father's Day they'll give out a few free tiles. Even just one free tile would make a difference given how the quest line buildings are so chunky. Some advice from me, hold off on the premium items like the hot dog, popcorn, and lemonade stands because they take up valuable space that you need for the progression.
  • bmxbiker4646
    111 posts
    edited June 2013
    WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?????????????????????????
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    nancalmei wrote:
    I guess I should be thankful that I have crappy friends that never come into my town. I was actually going through the list and so many haven't logged in in months. I really only have one or two coming to my town every day and they probably know about the tile or I've just been lucky. Sometimes having too many daily players can hurt you right at the start of updates when there are still a few glitches to be found/worked out. I feel bad that so many of you have lost not one but multiple tiles. That really really sucks. Hopefully, EA will make it up to everyone when they finally fix the glitch. Perhaps even over the weekend since it's Father's Day they'll give out a few free tiles. Even just one free tile would make a difference given how the quest line buildings are so chunky. Some advice from me, hold off on the premium items like the hot dog, popcorn, and lemonade stands because they take up valuable space that you need for the progression.

About the not logging in for months, read somewhere a post about Android users (sorry can't remember exactly where since I pretty much read through all the posts made here) that it doesn't show them as logged in. They could have logged in yesterday but if it will say it's been weeks.

Good tip on the premiums, and also the walking decorations can wait till there are more tiles available.
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    snugglesNY wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

BUMP

I choose to call it stealing because it's gone. I'm not going to change that, to me it is stolen. I would think the people doing it know they don't actually get it but are just doing it to make sure the owner of the town doesn't get it either.

IE - being jerks.

I agree with snugglesNY and melodyhodge. If people keep insisting on using the term "steal" in this context, you'll actually just make people more prone to tap on the tile. Though if people know neither them nor their neighbour get a benefit from tapping the tile, only the lame people will continue to do so.

If you, Lissa, absolutely need to have a term for this, I propose to use the word "disintegrate"... It's actually what happens. You disintegrate the whole tile... Or perhaps there are other fitting terms. But "stealing" in this situation is misleading, espescially since someone might take it to mean we now can steal tiles, as we could Lemon Trees before.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.