EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Corn 2018

Replies

• aidx1054 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but since we're talking about Brandine here I figured I'd ask the question I've been wondering about since I got her, does her "birth another Spuckler" task qualify to be rushed for free when it's over 90% complete (i.e. with 9 days remaining)?

No it doesn't. Two hours is the max rush time no matter how long the task is.
  • hatchet669
    798 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    aidx1054 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but since we're talking about Brandine here I figured I'd ask the question I've been wondering about since I got her, does her "birth another Spuckler" task qualify to be rushed for free when it's over 90% complete (i.e. with 9 days remaining)?

i believe the max free is 12 hours.

ETA i meant 2 hours not 12.
  • aidx1054 wrote: »

No it doesn't. Two hours is the max rush time no matter how long the task is.

Thanks! I forgot there is a 2 hour cap.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    And beware of accidentally sending witch Marge to speed up your crops.

Good advice.

giphy.gif
  • Good luck to anyone who plants Christmas corn and then gets Witch Marge during the upcoming THOH.
  • Good luck to anyone who plants Christmas corn and then gets Witch Marge during the upcoming THOH.

Well, probably it may or may not be bundled with the Cauldron.

Since I got the Caludron last THOH, I wonder if Witch Marge would then be offered as a standalone character?
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • So is there something special about "Christmas Corn" or is it just something fun to do? I always forget to pay attention and harvest my corn without noticing for a few days.
  • JJR2112 wrote: »
    So is there something special about "Christmas Corn" or is it just something fun to do? I always forget to pay attention and harvest my corn without noticing for a few days.

It's just a group activity that forum members enjoy and it helps countdown to Christmas.
  • JJR2112 wrote: »
    So is there something special about "Christmas Corn" or is it just something fun to do? I always forget to pay attention and harvest my corn without noticing for a few days.

It's just a group activity that forum members enjoy and it helps countdown to Christmas.

Thanks. I promise I'll pay attention this time :)
  • So anyone care to tell the story of Christmas corn. Why not halloween corn. That would make more sense. Corn stalks are used for halloween decorations.
  • johncolombo
    11635 posts Senior Moderator
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    So anyone care to tell the story of Christmas corn. Why not halloween corn. That would make more sense. Corn stalks are used for halloween decorations.

It's called Christmas corn because that's when it's ready to tap, on Christmas day.
    Does anyone remember who started this tradition?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Maybe i will rush my corn just to be apart of this. I currently have like 30ish days to go. I also kinda wonder why not halloween corn? It makes more sense, not that we need sensible with tsto.
  • johncolombo
    So anyone care to tell the story of Christmas corn. Why not halloween corn. That would make more sense. Corn stalks are used for halloween decorations.

It's called Christmas corn because that's when it's ready to tap, on Christmas day.

Oh I see what you are saying now. Why don't we plant 90 days before Halloween? Yeah that does make more sense. Maybe next year we can do both. Id course we have to rush with donuts to get the Christmas corn then. I like the Christmas corn because I love Christmas till new years. It's my favorite time of the year.
  • hatchet669 wrote: »

It might have been @NeoSEC28 back in 2013.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/27517/group-corn-event
  • johncolombo

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/27517/group-corn-event

thanks KB
    :)
  • johncolombo

thanks KB
    :)

that thread went on for 14 pages :o:D;)
  • johncolombo
    why don't we plant corn in may like real farmers we could still get Christmas corn in as well. I haven't grown anything at Cletus farm in a very long time . Wasn't this game supposed to be like Farmville back in the day? I've hear stories of some original players who have 2 Cletus farms. Can you confirm @KrustyBrand
  • why don't we plant corn in may like real farmers we could still get Christmas corn in as well. I haven't grown anything at Cletus farm in a very long time . Wasn't this game supposed to be like Farmville back in the day? I've hear stories of some original players who have 2 Cletus farms. Can you confirm @KrustyBrand

Yes, it was a glitch (iirc) dating back to the early days of the game.

• hatchet669 wrote: »

wish neo would come back
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited September 2018

wish neo would come back

Agreed. I still keep him as a neighbor for old times sake, but he hasn’t played for the game for the better part of a year.