EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Corn 2018

Replies

• Or you could plant Corn on Christmas Day and harvest with Donuts.
  • Good luck to anyone who plants Christmas corn and then gets Witch Marge during the upcoming THOH.

Well, probably it may or may not be bundled with the Cauldron.

Since I got the Caludron last THOH, I wonder if Witch Marge would then be offered as a standalone character?

I have the same problem with missing Mayan Homer. Wish EA would properly rectify these things.
  • cletus already has his xmas lights up waiting for planting day...oh wait, they’ve been up for years :)
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I will be participating in the christmas corn tradition! In fact... Im about to set a alarm right now.
    8zo1rxyp9j49.jpg
  • simpsonare
    2411 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Doughal wrote: »
    Can someone educate this ignorant Brit regarding the Christmas Corn phenomenon?

Plant corn at Cletus' farm on Sep 26 and it will be ready Christmas day. (90 days)
    Then come to the forums and say you got your corn and maybe merry christmas :)

I think photos of cletus farm with christmas corn will suffice also :smiley:
    8zo1rxyp9j49.jpg
  • Please someone do a reminder the day we should do this. Thanks!
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    I will be participating in the christmas corn tradition! In fact... Im about to set a alarm right now.

Nice idea, did the same thing so i won't forget :)
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Doughal wrote: »

Plant corn at Cletus' farm on Sep 26 and it will be ready Christmas day. (90 days)

I think photos of cletus farm with christmas corn will suffice also :smiley:

I just thought the same thing so I changed the thread name to Christmas Corn 2018.
  • Doughal wrote: »

Well that was a lot more obvious than I thought it'd be! :lol:

• I'm totally doing this again, love to see the countdown to Christmas. I'm going to set mine to be done on the stroke of midnight.

So because of Daylight Savings ending, I need to plant at 11pm on Sept 25th I believe?
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • One week from today, tappers.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    The corn will be in a race to the finish with Spuckler baby #2

[Note: this was posted without reading the topic, but look how well it turned out!]
  • If you have witch Marge, you may choose to use her during the Halloween update. She has a 4 hour task to speed up crops, so what I plan on doing is start a day late. This will give me a couple rounds to use the task.
  • I was thinking of doing Christmas corn but I have this idea that there will be a chance to auto complete corn in the Halloween event?
  • I was thinking of doing Christmas corn but I have this idea that there will be a chance to auto complete corn in the Halloween event?

It has been a couple of years since an event used Cletus' farm to grow a temporary crop. We're due for that to happen again sooner or later.
  • johncolombo
    11635 posts Senior Moderator
    I was thinking of doing Christmas corn but I have this idea that there will be a chance to auto complete corn in the Halloween event?

well it's still worth a try and nothing to lose other than xmas corn and few IGC dollars.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I will be harvesting my current corn crop tomorrow morning ready for the Christmas Corn to get planted :)
  • joniferous wrote: »
    I will be harvesting my current corn crop tomorrow morning ready for the Christmas Corn to get planted :)

Wow! @joniferous Did you plan it that way or just a happy accident?
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    I'm totally doing this again, love to see the countdown to Christmas. I'm going to set mine to be done on the stroke of midnight.

So because of Daylight Savings ending, I need to plant at 11pm on Sept 25th I believe?

Wait....

Spring forward and fall back. If time is going back an hour wouldn't it have to be planted at 1am on the 26th to be ready at midnight?

th?id=OIP.Lqspsl0Zh4GTS57-9JrNRQHaEK&pid=Api
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    I'm totally doing this again, love to see the countdown to Christmas. I'm going to set mine to be done on the stroke of midnight.

Wait....

Spring forward and fall back. If time is going back an hour wouldn't it have to be planted at 1am on the 26th to be ready at midnight?

th?id=OIP.Lqspsl0Zh4GTS57-9JrNRQHaEK&pid=Api
    f680ebe0-135a-42b0-b2f9-725a7521f02f_text_hi.gif