EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Corn 2018

Replies

• anaquarind wrote: »
    I'm totally doing this again, love to see the countdown to Christmas. I'm going to set mine to be done on the stroke of midnight.

So because of Daylight Savings ending, I need to plant at 11pm on Sept 25th I believe?

Wait....

Spring forward and fall back. If time is going back an hour wouldn't it have to be planted at 1am on the 26th to be ready at midnight?

th?id=OIP.Lqspsl0Zh4GTS57-9JrNRQHaEK&pid=Api
    f680ebe0-135a-42b0-b2f9-725a7521f02f_text_hi.gif

giphy.gif
  • Does it matter if it’s ready at midnight? Are you trying to wake up to see if you can catch the old fat man in red noshing on your cookies? I shall open my Christmas corn at 6am with my presents like a good little boy
  • I'll be up at midnight but any time of the day is fine I suppose....
    I'm totally doing this again, love to see the countdown to Christmas. I'm going to set mine to be done on the stroke of midnight.

So because of Daylight Savings ending, I need to plant at 11pm on Sept 25th I believe?

Wait....

Spring forward and fall back. If time is going back an hour wouldn't it have to be planted at 1am on the 26th to be ready at midnight?

Yikes, this is time zones all over again!
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • http://www.xmasclock.com/

use this, might get you to midnight on christmas.

but about 16 hours and 12 mins from now.
  • mmmmm
    3_AAF42_D3_CBB0_420_F_9_C9_D_7_B13_ED54_C425.png
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Wait, we do this tomorrow? Or today? I'm confused.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • On Sep 26.
  • Does it have to be at a certain time? Or just on the 26th?
  • frosted1414
    2846 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If you plant at, say, 10am on the 26th it will be ready at 10am Christmas day. You probably want to open your presents early, so plant early! :)
  • If you plant at, say, 10am on the 26th it will be ready at 10am Christmas day. You probably want to open your presents early, so plant early! :)

Awesome! Thank you! I set an alarm for tonorrow!
  • joniferous wrote: »
    I will be harvesting my current corn crop tomorrow morning ready for the Christmas Corn to get planted :)

Wow! @joniferous Did you plan it that way or just a happy accident?

It was a happy accident! I've missed the CC the last 2 years because I timed it wrong, and if I hadn't seen this thread I just KNOW I would have planted new corn straight away and been out again :D

Wait....

Hmmm. Yes I think you are correct. 1am it is, thanks for the save!

Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • I just looked, Christmas corn would be about 240 donuts to rush to replant. I have no real problem with other than i think it should be halloween corn. Like the day after halloween it should be mowed down. Also its nice and thick for corn mazzes at that time. Its just more realistic just saying, christmas corn is out of place. However halloween corn is perfect.
  • Keep it Christmas Corn. I hate when people try to perfect tradition
  • Christmas Corn is planted and the countdown has begun.

giphy.gif

anaquarind wrote: »

Wait....

Hmmm. Yes I think you are correct. 1am it is, thanks for the save!

Yw! :)

• planted in both towns. been a long time since i’ve planted corn. was surprised at the 1080 donuts to speed up :o:D
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Corn is planted! Woohoo!
  • Corn is planted and self fertilized