EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• focalfiend
    4 posts
    edited March 2012
    My town got rearranged, I lost all my expanded land (but my buildings remain), lost a lot of roads, pavement, and rivers. It's a huge mess. It's going to cost a fortune to buy back all that land, and take forever to recreate my town as it was. Super disappointed, makes me not even want to play :(
  • edited March 2012
    When I set my Simpsons off to do a job then close the app, there is a large chance it won't save what I told them to do. I come back as if I had done nothing. Very annoying when you set them a job for the night and come back to find they have done nothing
  • edited March 2012
    My game is stuck at cleatus farm. I built & placed it, then tryed to do his quest. Now the game is stuck with the farm highlighted wanting to be finished placing/building but also trying to select it for cleatus quest. (both sets of arrows on screen none selectable) I have a pic but don't know how to attach to this post.
  • vinskapur
    8 posts
    edited March 2012
    Every time I want to double-tap with three fingers to enable the zoom function on my iPad, the game crashes.
  • frk-kasque
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    My game has locked up and reset itself to quest 1, build a road, and i can't complete the task, it just loops after i try and build the road. Really, really annoying, can't do anything since everything is shaded except the roadbuildning part... Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Otherwise the app will be promptly deleted...
  • Konstrac
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    I have't got any income or XP for the last days.
  • Zero9899
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Lost my Flanders house which is cause a me to replay the the quest to get it back which freezes when I try to move the kwik mart. I can do anything. Is their a fix yet? Are moderators doing anything?
  • heiko_2206
    8 posts
    edited March 2012
    Hi zero & all other players with big problems like me
    Dont expected a fast resonce from EA ,
    on monday march 05 i send my first message to EA custom support .
    ( my game is stuck till monday morning ) And i didnt get any responce !!
    Today i write an E-mail to apple because i spend 15,99 € for this game
    and want it back ....
    what should i say ... after less than 30 min !!! ( yes EA guys you read right :twisted: )
    i got a responce that i get my money back in a few days ...
    I can only advise all players who spent money for this game , ask Apple support
    and you get it back :lol:
  • CPX_15
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    My problem is that now that I've reached level 10 I can collect income tax and plant items at Cletus's farm but, when I attempt to click on any of my characters to assign them a new mission I get a message " try tapping on Lisa first and see what she wants" but, when I tap Lisa it gives me the same message. So at this point all my characters are just walking around town and I can't get them to preform tasks. As I said I can still collect money and xp but, there's little point to playing the game if I can't complete the character challenges. Please help EA!!!
  • adaco89
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    My problem is that from one day to another my Simpsons house dissapeared and it started the task book from level 0 asking me to make the new Evergreen Terrace, when I try to make the road, the game crashes. This is the image of the moment

http://i44.tinypic.com/20zo5yx.png
  • heiko_2206
    8 posts
    edited March 2012
    Hi zero & all other players with big problems like me
    Dont expected a fast resonce from EA ,
    on monday march 05 i send my first message to EA custom support .
    ( my game is stuck till monday morning ) And i didnt get any responce !!
    Today i write an E-mail to apple because i spend 15,99 € for this game
    and want it back ....
    what should i say ... after less than 30 min !!! ( yes EA guys you read right :twisted: )
    i got a responce that i get my money back in a few days ...
    I can only advise all players who spent money for this game , ask Apple support
    and you get it back :lol:

• ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2012

I have been waiting for EA to fix my game since 21/2-2012 after I got hit by the "DC while visit friends city" bug (Like almost everybody else) and my game become unloadable :!: :!:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8157886.page

They have still been able to fix my game so I can play again.
    Sadly EA did not really test the game before launch.
    They are so fair completely unable to recover/repair peoples broken The Simpsons Tapped Out games :!: :!:

I hope EA will be able to help us before X-mas

• rafaeldaolio
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    I Have 2 bugs:

- after prof. Frink shows asking you to go to another springfield, I go, and when I came back, his icon is still active, and does not let me don any other quest, I am stuck, and since I login to my account, even if I restarted the game, the problem still happens, I tried to play on both iPad and iPhone and they both are stuck at the same point, I am not able to collect xp or money or build the cletus farm to continue playing.

- when I try to visit some friends cities, it shows that some people have an updated version and ask me to update, but when I go to the App store, there's no update available.

Thank You
  • heiko_2206
    8 posts
    edited March 2012
    @ electrofisk : did you mean X-mas 2012 or 2013 ? :P
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2012
    @ heiko_2206
    @ electrofisk : did you mean X-mas 2012 or 2013 ? :P

Hmmm. Maybe I should had specified in which decade.....
  • Yurkoon
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    The game still crashes ever time I try to start it and access my Origin-associated game. It lets me sign into Origin, but then then I tap to continue it crashes. However if I sign out of Origin, I can start and play an anonymous game with no problems. Any idea how to fix that? I've completely closed the app (per the instructions EA posted recently) and restarted it several time.

I have the EXACT same thing, been like this for over a week. WTH?? Anybody knows if it can be fixed? I tried re-installing, didn't help...
  • litespeedo
    3 posts
    edited March 2012
    I made two accounts for this game.

1. all quest stuck with stage one quest " build homer's house first" at 11 lvl.
    2. Lias disappeared
    3. all building works disabled except plant in farm and collection XP/money works
    4. 1 level and over 60k game money gone
    5. my springfield messed up with road and river works by somebody
    6. one account blocked but origin log in works
    7. numerous game crash when I visit the other springfield.

I think most of issues came from this game user database managing and game design itself.
    these could not be called as beta bugs.
    this game dev. team has no idea/plan/design/experience in social and network game. if u have, u should not lose game database like these.

from my experience, this is the worst game. I am very disappointed with EA: game itself/customer support/troubleshooting and work hard without any improvement.

• ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2012
    Litespeedo I can only totally agree with you

This games has so many bugs that I'm convinced that this game has not been tested at all.
    Many of those bugs are not that hard to recreate.
    Take for example the "DC while loading friend's city" bug (the bug that makes your game a wired mix of both your own and your friend's game). All you have to do to get this bug is to get disconnected (lose power to your internet router/modem, to mush traffic on the game server, broken/unplug a cable somewhere.) while loading a friends city.

It is common sense that then you make a server based game, then you has to test what happens then someone get disconnected because people WILL get disconnected some times.
    It is OK to lose the last few moves in the game when I get disconnected. But under no circumstances should a lost connection, cause loss of data/progress or even make the game unloadable. NO MATTER THEN THE DISCONNECTION HAPPENS.

With my experience with programming (I program industrial robots for a living) it looks like where are still a few more months of testing and bug hunting left before this game are ready for release.
    I use about 80% of the time on testing when I'm programming. EA you should do the same.
    Whey should have made a closed Beta test a long time ago.

What I think has happened is that at the time they decided to make this game where was a boss who set a launch date. The boss has stick to this date (which has been totally unrealistic) no matter what the developers had of objections.

Ready or not – It is release time :!:

A least we can be pleased that EA is only making computer games and not doing the programming of auto-pilots in passenger aircrafts and military robots.
    What a nightmare that would be. :? :shock: :arrow: :-(

• josito97
    4 posts
    edited March 2012
    Multiples springfields level 10 real one level 2 false one fix it
  • Boukenred
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Whenever I purchase a new Springfield area, both Homer and Lisa's option to clean up won't be available for me; now my game is filled with many radioactive oil drums, and tree stumps.

Also, recently whenever I tap a building or character that completed their task, there seems to be no money or XP given -- although you can hear the soundeffects from it.