EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

•  EA_Gypsy
    2 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2012
    Thank you everyone for your feedback! Keep it coming. :)
  • edited March 2012
    I'm having the exact same problem Gypsy describes:
    Hi Gypsy. The game still crashes ever time I try to start it and access my Origin-associated game. It lets me sign into Origin, but then then I tap to continue it crashes. However if I sign out of Origin, I can start and play an anonymous game with no problems. Any idea how to fix that? I've completely closed the app (per the instructions EA posted recently) and restarted it several time.

Thanks!

I'm pretty confident that my Origin associated game is saved in the cloud, and the one that I started playing anonymously is stored locally on my device. Assuming this supposition is accurate, I surmise that the gave saved in cloud has been corrupted in some way, leading to crashes and various other errors, such as progress being reset. I would like to delete the data saved in the cloud and start again from scratch and see if the errors persist. The problem is, I have no way of doing so. If the game were patched with the option to delete the game saved in the cloud and start over, those users reporting errors can try and see if this works — smile
  • amanda720
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    I have not been able to play for about two weeks. Everytime I open the app the loading page with the spinning donut goes for a while, then Bart appears and the message "cannot connect to server. Try again later". And that's all it does. I have no idea if anything is even still there.
  • Methal
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Hi, i have a similiar problem. Im on level 11 but now for some reason in the middle of everything the quest about building the simpsons house pops up? It also says that its done but i cant do anything because "i should build the simpsons house first". This is really annoying and i hope they'll fix it
  • nijonz
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    I have the same problem as the poster above as well as having multiple springfields game crashes and no friends showing up in my game. Hope it's fixed soon
  • jres7
    3 posts
    edited March 2012
    My game is on level ten as it should be, then the next minute it is on level 7 and I can't acces the visit friends, and the item mover button as they are shaded and untouchable :evil:
  • coolcoco1
    6 posts
    edited March 2012
    The same here, I'm level 13 and I've the message to build the Simpsons house. 1/1 done. Can't do anything. Not build, can't do jobs. Only collect from houses. Very annoying!!
  • edstraffic
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Other than the annoyance of having to sign in half a dozen times to play the map I spent so much time on, the game was working fine. I do one little iPhone OS update and 6 of my apps disappeared...including the Simpsons. Now I have to wait until they bring it back to the iStore before I can play it again. Android, here I come.
  • EinsteinQR
    5 posts
    edited March 2012
    The button to visit Other Springfields is grayed out. Other than the time during the "tutorial" phase, I've never been able to visit another Springfield. I'm lvl 11 and have 30+ friends who visit my Springfield regularly.
  • mysterygirrrl
    5 posts
    edited March 2012
    My town is like scrambled now, all the roads and pavement and rivers are in the wrong places and I'm missing a lot of my land so many of my buildings are like off the grid where I can't move them around or anything. I also have tasks stuck in the task book that can't be completed or that I've already done but they won't go away. I also get that glitch where I can't get any money or xp off my buildings until I can find a mop on a school to fix it. It also constantly crashes or disconnects from the server. And my towns stars constantly go to zero randomly. With having my town all scrambled it pretty much makes the game ruined for me. With all these problems I wonder if the game was even tested before release. Just completely unplayable game.
  • AcidRaZor69
    3 posts
    edited March 2012
    I was playing about 3 days ago when I visited a friend's town. I was able to send his characters on tasks and receive money from his buildings (no actions). I also got a boost in money. When I returned to my own town, an expanded area I was building Springfield elementary on was blacked out again and my roads were messed up. I fixed it and re-purchased the expansion and moved the school somewhere else.

Almost right after that, the game crashed. And since, I haven't been able to login to my town, yet my friends keep visiting and I got notifications that my buildings were done. I tried rebooting my phone, logging in/out everything. Still no joy. Keeps crashing right after I "Tap to Continue"

Are we any closer to a fix for this game? As it's quite fun to play and I really would like to get in it to play!

I have a suspicion that the bug (where I visited my friend's town) might have corrupted my town somehow! :(

Running version 1.0.1 of the game (last I checked) on iOS 5.1
  • edited March 2012
    I have exactly the same problem as the guy above me.

About two days ago I visited a friend town. When I got back to my own town all my roads and waterways were jumbled up and some extra land bought. Eventually I remade my town but as soon as I closed the app it wouldn't let me in. Every time I try to load the app it crashes right before it loads the town.

I really enjoy playing the game it's just a shame it never works.
  • brettmitre
    3 posts
    edited March 2012
    Game crashes anytime I select to build a road. This never used to happen.

Also, are you pushing updates to the game and not telling us? Because it seems like a lot of bugs have appeared that weren't initially there. And am I expected to believe that these bugs were all related to server load issues?

I find it hard to believe that none of these reported bugs showed up during testing.
  • MarcB55
    6 posts
    edited March 2012
    Hi. Hopefully someone can help. I recently purchased Hans Moleman and the Squeeky Teen and they are supposed to increase money and XP for jobs by 150% each. Neither of them increased anything!! Am I wrong about this? Any help would be great. Thanks!
  • focalfiend
    4 posts New member
    edited March 2012
    MarcB55, they only give 150% increases to themselves. If you'll notice, they get a lot more money per job than other characters do. That's all it means.
  • MarcB55
    6 posts
    edited March 2012
    focalfiend wrote:
    MarcB55, they only give 150% increases to themselves. If you'll notice, they get a lot more money per job than other characters do. That's all it means.

Ah. Thanks for the quick response!!!
  • I_Cyanotic_I
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    How do I submit a ticket to EA? I've had the same problem with my town getting messed up, losing houses and property and levels.
  • ElectroFisK
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2012
    I_Cyanotic_I

Try to fill out this help survey
    https://help.ea.com/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-feedback-survey

Sadly they take their times about it.
  • I_Cyanotic_I
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    I got my refund from Apple within 3 hours. It's not Apple's fault, and i think EA, not Apple, should be handling the refunds.
  • MCMaenza
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    If I sign in with my Origin account, it is stuck with everything greyed out and asking me to build the Simpsons House again. Won't come out of that mode. Been like that for over a week.

On my Springfield without logging in, I was at level 9 with over $9000. I went to the Other Springfield map, came back and was back at level 4 with only $600. What the heck? Why did it do that? Only the build menu is active now. This failure to keep a simple status value is indicactive of shoddy programming. Having been a programmer for over 25 years now, I find this incredibly frustrating and the sign of a crappy product.