EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Trillian75
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Trillian75 wrote:
    I'm having a similar problem. I somehow ended up with 7 artifact pieces. One is a duplicate of one of the others. It ended up in my inventory. I cannot get rid of it and even though I have the other pieces together, I can't finish the quest! My game isn't crashing, though.

I have now found a solution to my dilemma. I put all my pieces in storage and then put them together without rotating them. It looks like the patterns don't match up, but that's what worked.

I still have an extra artifact piece in my inventory. Must be counterfeit. :)
  • EmDX25
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    the tree house of horror ep is not been shown in nsw australia and help pz

The answer is Zune
  • crappe_
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have Cletus task to Harvest Copper but the task is still greyed out under Cletus' task menu.... Any suggestions?

FIXED
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • thylacine666
    8 posts
    edited October 2012
    Same issue with the calendar quest - completed it, Lisa starts talking, game crashes out. Game now launches to that spot every time so I can't get anywhere.

This seemed to resolve itself shortly thereafter (~1-2 hrs).
  • edited October 2012
    The Thrillhouse quest has been broken since i downloaded the game roughly 3 weeks ago. I emailed support and still haven't received a reply. Lisa completes it 1/1 but Milhouse has been -5 million/1.

Link is to imgur screenshot taken from iphone 4.

http://imgur.com/bkgYt

I have latest version of app and ios 6
  • stuff841
    10 posts
    edited October 2012
    Cannot accept friend requests, get error that says try again over & over.
  • Budda254
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    I found all the calander pieces but when it was put together nothing happened I've took it apart and back together even logged out and back in again and still nothing
  • JESTYBORSKI
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    On Saturday 10/6 my Tapped Out (iPhone4) came up and said it found another set of levels in progress. I just exited out and tried to rejoin and since then have been unable to play. I've deleted the game, reinstalled, downloaded all the updates successfully, etc... So frustrating! Now the game is loading, asks for updates, loads my Origin ID, asks to "tap to continue" and then I get that stupid Bart splash screen with the "Sorry about that. Maybe if you retry." Again and again. :!: I tried logging in on an iPad. Same results. This is all over WiFi. I'm starting to get really ticked off. First thing tomorrow I'm contacting EA Tech Support. Any thoughts?
  • edited October 2012
    So it doesn't work on my iPad anymore but works on my iPhone 4s. Why is this?

I had it on my iPad (version 3 w/iOS 6.0) and it had issues all this weekend. Finally deleted it and re-installed. Nothing. Deleted and re-installed after logging out = nothing again. Keep getting Bart telling me that it is having problems connecting to the server.

So on a whim I downloaded it to my iPhone 4s. Never had the game on there and don't really play games on it. Phone is running iOS 6.0. Downloaded and installed an update smaller than what the iPad wants to do each time (51 MB vs. 127.5 MB). Game came up with no issues and was able to play.

iPad still says it is unable to connect to the game server????

Any ideas

• Lucasobrien3
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    Close game turn device off for 1hour worked for me
  • obvious2014
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Purchased a truckload of donuts and pressed purchase. The game exited when I confirmed my apple id. It has taken the money from my account but has not given me the donuts. Please help.
  • lawilde27
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I completed "The Secret of the Mayans Pt. 4" but it's not giving me credit for collecting the last piece. But The artifact is completely assembled and won't let me get rid of the piece to attempt to get a new one. How do I fix that bug?
  • Lucasobrien3
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    EmDX25 wrote:
    the tree house of horror ep is not been shown in nsw australia and help pz

The answer is Zune
    Is there more quizzes or just that one?
    And thx
  • obvious2014
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Store all of the pieces and then place them out again. Don't rotate them either and ignore the spare piece if you have one.
  • ru_isa704
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm at level 10, there is a task called
    "we do need yes education pt 1"
    "make Lisa do next week's homework". -5561990/1
    It seems I need sent Lisa do this task 5561990 times....
    I've send Lisa do the homework for 3 times already, it still does not get through. :(:(
  • Tachaeon
    58 posts
    edited October 2012
    Since yesterday I cannot view any of my neighbors. The game disconnects from the server when I do. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Attempted to reconnect to origin. And I have tried a separate iOS device. It all does the same thing.

I have 96 friends I cannot visit.

Running on both iPhone 5 and 3Gs.
  • GoodSquishy
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi I have a level 15 or 16 springfield and today around 1pm when trying to play with my springfield, i got a message saying, "there is a level 1 springfield on the this device is this yours? yes/no"

I havent selected either option yet because i dont want to risk having to start again, i have tried the following:

delete and reinstall the app
    logout and back in to origin

can anyone advise me as to what i should do? is this a recent common problem that is being fixed? if i wait will i be able to access my level 15/16 springfield?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Tachaeon wrote:
    Since yesterday I cannot view any of my neighbors. The game disconnects from the server when I do. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Attempted to reconnect to origin. And I have tried a separate iOS device. It all does the same thing.

I have 96 friends I cannot visit.

Running on both iPhone 5 and 3Gs.

Have you tried deleting any of your friends?
  • Dr4gon32
    11 posts
    edited October 2012
    we are talking about spriengfield vanish problem here :
    here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9030825.page
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi I have a level 15 or 16 springfield and today around 1pm when trying to play with my springfield, i got a message saying, "there is a level 1 springfield on the this device is this yours? yes/no"

I havent selected either option yet because i dont want to risk having to start again, i have tried the following:

delete and reinstall the app
    logout and back in to origin

can anyone advise me as to what i should do? is this a recent common problem that is being fixed? if i wait will i be able to access my level 15/16 springfield?

This bug has affected a number of gamers. It's not particularly recent. Forgive me for being blunt, but your game is probably gone for good. I have yet to hear form anyone in such circumstances who has recovered their town. (Anyone here have a fix?) You can contact the EA help desk (for all the good that will do you). If you have spent real-life money on the game, start thinking about approaching Apple for a refund.