EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• edited October 2012
    so it's been 2 weeks and I'm still unable to visit other Springfields, I keep getting told that the Server is not Responding. I guess EA either doesn't have a fix or isn't going to bother dealing with this? My thing is, with all of these issues how are people rating it 4 stars and above???
  • andrytheboss
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm another victim of the "Build menu crash"... I can only wander around my Springfield collecting money or visit friends. Hope this get fixed before 31st October. It would suck if I won't be able to buy limited objects (I have already enough money and donuts to buy everything)
  • Vampyre_Del
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Currently having an issue, Bart has a quest to loiter at Androids Dungeon, I have done this three times now, it shows as completed 1/1 but has not gone from my task list

Any help would be appreciated
  • Jbennett4624
    275 posts
    edited October 2012
    Yup heads up? is it cause of the 3.0 update?.. It could be.. Just **** me off though Real money and time.. gone down the drain

I Just bought 192 Donuts 4.99 and the 9.99 Went to visit someones town .. came back.. game reset donuts to 5..

I had 61(free accumulated during levels) + 192 I bought.. LOST down to 5 donuts.. id like my 61 and 192 back.. It would be nice but then again.. Does EA care?.. Dont get me wrong.. they come out with great games for systems.. and then lack on Apple Device games?

I've sent a request for refund of money with paypal/EA Games
  • BloodcutterDA
    6 posts
    edited October 2012
    Game was working fine earlier today, first when I started the app it would close if i tapped the screen anywhere, now it loads for a few seconds and closes immediately.

Two questions: Is this a known bug and if is there a fix, now or forthcoming? If i delete the app and reinstall do you lose your game?
  • edited October 2012
    Close game turn device off for 1hour worked for me

Didn't work. Any other ideas?
  • Jbennett4624
    275 posts
    edited October 2012
    Close game and close it from running in the background

go to settings General settings..

Reset

Reset all network settings.. Reconnect then run the game
  • SweetNorbert
    8 posts
    edited October 2012
    Just started having a problem scrolling through my town today. Was just about to have lisa complete the "turn on the hadron collider" quest when the game got hung up. It appeared to have tried to scroll over to some road for Frink to teleport in but he never arrives and i am unable to scroll or click on any of my characters who have since become zombies. I cannot enter any building screens nor see any purchase options or log out of origin. I am able to click buildings for income taxes but only the ones I can see without scrolling to. I have tried logging into other devices but have found the same problem.
  • KaRoShi_EA
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    Having a "locked out" issue with the game. I click it to load, and as soon as my town appears, the game quits immediately. This happened right as zombies were being released. I had many more characters than usual on the screen each doing a job, perhaps there are too many things happening in my Springfield at once??

I've tried many of the fixes that I've read about here. Waited over an hour, closed program from background, rebooted, renewed Wifi lease, deleted and reloaded program...also tried on both iPad and iPhone.

Been locked out for hours. Very frustrated...thoughts?
  • Jbennett4624
    275 posts
    edited October 2012
    I can probably fix it but i need access to it so i can fix it on my end
  • BloodcutterDA
    6 posts
    edited October 2012
    Reinstalled the game, and reset all settings, still having the instant close issue.
    Didn't start immediately upon the Halloween upgrade but several days later for me.
  • rlarcia
    45 posts
    edited October 2012
    In the black hole part 4 the task is to send any kids trick or treating...so should I send just one, or all of them? I'm kinda confused! Thanks for your answers in advance
  • DiabloZL1
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Game was loading and then asked if the level 1 was mine. I responded no and it wanted to start a new game. I said no. I seemed to lost all of my progress, and money that I have invested in this game.. Cannot find any trace of my old game which was near level 16..
  • Schwede510
    32 posts
    edited October 2012

Premium Items do not work.
    They say that they give a bonus but they do not.

All details here:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9032745.page

• breakmarkD
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Just started having a problem scrolling through my town today. Was just about to have lisa complete the "turn on the hadron collider" quest when the game got hung up. It appeared to have tried to scroll over to some road for Frink to teleport in but he never arrives and i am unable to scroll or click on any of my characters who have since become zombies. I cannot enter any building screens nor see any purchase options or log out of origin. I am able to click buildings for income taxes but only the ones I can see without scrolling to. I have tried logging into other devices but have found the same problem.

Exactly the same problem here. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • Chewie3015
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    I have not been able to log in since last Friday. All I get is the "cannot connect to the server" screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've gone in and fully quit the program, nothing helps. My friends been able to log in every day - no issues! I'm very frustrated, when is this getting fixed?
  • Rachelina89
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi!!!
    I have a problem... I've done several times boe mission... Spying Midge... But it doesen't work... The game doesen't give me the reward... What can I do???
    Thanks a lot
  • BloodcutterDA
    6 posts
    edited October 2012
    Okay so, after 2 days of crashing as soon as I tap anything, the game seems to be fixed.

Today when I logged on it did the Frink Reward thing, I accepted and it immediately crashed like normal. I did this 2 more times. The fourth time I just let it sit on the Frink Screen (offering me reward 4 if it matters). 10 mins later I cleared it and it seems the game is working normally. I can scroll and tap as normal. I'm now thinking that the error that caused this crashing may be connected to that reward screen and maybe it had been improperly loading or something.
  • Vincefoy
    18 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have endured these types of bugs from the first release date, I kept playing even when my town got erased and reset to the basic level 20 after putting up with crashes, buggs and all sorts of annoying stuff, and now once again I have been dealing with can not connect to server * for the last two days. You guys Need to get your act together and fix this *. I have NEVER seen a game with so many buggs. I think it might be time to think about outsourcing this game to a company who can manage a job this size.
  • edited October 2012
    I am still unable to see or visit other Springfields, I dropped 15 friends as mentioned earlier but that didn't work. I'm being visited and vandalized so clearly it's just something with my end of the game. So many people are having this issue, why isn't EA addressing it?