EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Jameszpeach1
    5 posts
    edited October 2012
    Professor Frink appearance related bug.
    After completing Lisa turn on the super collider quest, Professor Frink does not "materialize"/appear.
    The view simply pans to the suppose spot of Frink's reappearance but no dialogue or Frink is shown.
    The screen is stuck and I am unable to progress in doing anything.
    Every login immediately plays this scene with no user interface/icons appearing.
    Reinstall does not work. Reboot Ipad 2 does not work.
  • Izzymooo
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Since Patch 3.0 Ive been completely unable to get in the game at all. It says it can not connect to the server. I can get in to every other app I have so it's not my server and this is getting extremely annoying as I do enjoy playing this game. Please help!
  • mikemarcoux
    19 posts
    edited October 2012
    jennifuh wrote:
    I can't get onto the game.

It takes forever to load and when it does, I'm not signed it. After signing it, it logs me out.

The login screen is also mostly black

I'm having the same issue right now. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, you name it, I've tried it. It's been a couple of days now, and it's still the same. As soon as I tap to continue, it come tell black screens, and shuts down.

Has anyone ever been able to recover? I'm losing hope. What's odd, is if I log out, I can play anonymously. But if I log in, it boots me out and the game shuts down. I've looked through the EA/Origin site and haven't found any solutions. Is there a way to submit a ticket for this issue?

To make matters even more strange, is that I still receive game notifications. I can't play the game, but receive notifications that some one has visited my Springfield??? Weird.
  • Rachelina89
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi!!!
    I have a problem... I've done several times boe mission... Spying Midge... But it doesen't work... The game doesen't give me the reward... What can I do??? Si there anyone Who has the same problem??? Non can I solve it??
    Pleaseeeee thanx a lot
    P.S: Please be patient with my english, i'm an italian girl!
  • Tabascoed
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have not been able to play the Simpsons tap out game since 9-19.2012 I am using a iPad 2. I have removed and re-download the game several times still can not play the game email is [email protected]
  • edited October 2012
    I also have an ipad 2, I wonder if it is a device compatibility issue with the app?
  • laatrinidad
    25 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Tachaeon wrote:
    Since yesterday I cannot view any of my neighbors. The game disconnects from the server when I do. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Attempted to reconnect to origin. And I have tried a separate iOS device. It all does the same thing.

I have 96 friends I cannot visit.

Running on both iPhone 5 and 3Gs.

I have try same problem too for over a month. At first I was using donuts to skip the neighbor missions, but that's completely unfair! EA needs to fix fast and reward with donuts when try do!
  • jennifuh
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    The game closes when I enter build mode. Can you guys fix this ASAP? It's interfering with my quests!
  • jacques_jose
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    hi bros. need help. Was logging in with my game but the welcome prompt is telling me that there is a level 5 springfield on this device..?! i didnt change my phone or whatsoever. im level 19+ if i remember it right. i dont know what the f happened????

thanks,

jacques
  • edited October 2012
    Hey ea I am locked out of quest that are for lvl 8 and 9 . I am a 10 what's up help me !
  • potatocato
    80 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    TO EVERYONE WHO CAN'T ACCESS THEIR FRIENDS TOWNS:

I haven't been able to visit any of my friends either, for five days. Every single time, there was a 'connection error'. I saw a few people saying once they deleted some of their friends, they could visit again. So i gave it a try, and it worked :)

When you get to the start up screen, logout of your account. Then log back in, and delete some of your friends. I deleted about 10 at a time, and when i got down to 60, i could see my friends again.

Hope this helps for you, it's worth a shot anyway!!
  • capattson
    5 posts
    edited October 2012
    Im having the problem where I can't go to any of my friends towns. It starts to load then crashes. I can play my town just fine. Any way to fix this?
  • CrossFitGU1
    6 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm having a problem with the "Let's stay up all night watching TV" quest. It will not complete. I have sent both Bart and Millhouse to the tree house twice now and left them until they are complete but the quest still shows as active and the task list for the characters is yellow.

If I click on the task in the taskbook both the "Make Bart" and "Make Millhouse" tasks show as 1/1 but there is nothing I can do to clear it.

Any ideas?
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    Hey ea I am locked out of quest that are for lvl 8 and 9 . I am a 10 what's up help me !

That's because you haven't finished the tasks beforehand. It's not a bug.
  • MaxPowr
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    I finished placing the black hole. When i collected the rewards, the game crashed. Now when i start game, the "collect rewards for the black hole pt3" dialogue appears and the game force closes. Cannot get past this issue and am unable to play. Please help
  • bpquinn07
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hello my game will not allow me to enter. It gets to the tap to start screen and then continuously says the server is down. This has been a problem for the past week. My username is bpquinn07, please let me know what you can do :!:
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have all Mayan pieces together in a circle but the game has been asking for the past week to find the last piece when I already have it. I can not proceed to the other Halloween quests. Please fix. Username josh4908
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    josh4908 wrote:
    I have all Mayan pieces together in a circle but the game has been asking for the past week to find the last piece when I already have it. I can not proceed to the other Halloween quests. Please fix. Username josh4908

This forum is made up of users; no one can fix your problem but you. Please consider checking some of the other threads/posts on this topic. At a minimum, I would note that it's not sufficient for the pieces to form a circle; the patterns on the individual pieces must "line up" with the patterns on the other pieces.
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm sorry I don't recall making this game. I am not the only person with this problem as it is all over the forums. It's a bug and since I didn't help make the game, it's rather difficult for me to fix the bug.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    josh4908 wrote:
    I'm sorry I don't recall making this game. I am not the only person with this problem as it is all over the forums. It's a bug and since I didn't help make the game, it's rather difficult for me to fix the bug.

I'm not asking you to fix the bug (assuming it is one). I'm politely suggesting that you check the other threads and follow the advice and workarounds they outline. Perhaps it was merely a case of bad wording, but the suggestion in your original post that someone here in this forum needed to "fix" your problem was off the mark.