EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• I purchased new land sections on both sides this week. The game will not allow roads or pavement on the new land that leads to the water. I can place roads, etc on the new land that leads to the mountains. Something's glitchy on one side.
  • I purchased new land sections on both sides this week. The game will not allow roads or pavement on the new land that leads to the water. I can place roads, etc on the new land that leads to the mountains. Something's glitchy on one side.

This is a known issue affecting all users. We are patiently awaiting a fix.

• I have "Push Notifications" on "OFF", but still get Homer announcing them on my Android phone.
  • HeavyDe13
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Something weird happened to me after the last update:

1. The button to select the next person (top left) doesn't work anymore
    2. The buildings in Springfield heights were reset, so I had to collect items again and pay to get access to all the jobs - however, the maximum storage is now 250, not 300
    3. The tap radius (IRS) has been set to level 1, while my actual level (click on IRS Building is 6)
    4. The redwood tree looks like level 1 now (I was one level before finishing it), the tasks also seem to be from level 1, but it says differently when I click on it
    5. The money hill/mountain (Burns) has the same problem mentioned in 4
    6. I can collect stars again (NASA or how they called it), that's from a really old event

I asked the EA help, and they gave me a list (what to do if there are problems in your town) and marked my question as solved (I assume they haven't read it at all). I followed the list, deleted the data, reinstalled the game, but nothing seems to work.

Has someone had a similar experience? How can I get EA to actually look at the account (the error seems to lie there) and not just give me standard answers? I cannot respond to the case sincwe it is 'solved' ...

I have the same issues. Starting with messages and an offer from gill. It started one day after the pride event began.
    I hope EA can fix this because it is pretty annoying.

I've had similar issues but started during the rock star quests. Unable to use Weird Al or Bleeding Gums for any Rock events. Weird Al quest line and star upgrade on available in menu.
    Currently have Homer's 24hrs Pie Mania quest queued up in my task bar as well. This is from a 2015 storyline, speed up and completed quest with no change.
    Post edited by HeavyDe13 on
  • HeavyDe13 wrote: »
    Something weird happened to me after the last update:

1. The button to select the next person (top left) doesn't work anymore
    2. The buildings in Springfield heights were reset, so I had to collect items again and pay to get access to all the jobs - however, the maximum storage is now 250, not 300
    3. The tap radius (IRS) has been set to level 1, while my actual level (click on IRS Building is 6)
    4. The redwood tree looks like level 1 now (I was one level before finishing it), the tasks also seem to be from level 1, but it says differently when I click on it
    5. The money hill/mountain (Burns) has the same problem mentioned in 4
    6. I can collect stars again (NASA or how they called it), that's from a really old event

I have the same issues. Starting with messages and an offer from gill. It started one day after the pride event began.
    I hope EA can fix this because it is pretty annoying.

I've had similar issues but started during the rock star quests. Unable to use Weird Al or Bleeding Gums for any Rock events. Weird Al quest line and star upgrade on available in menu.
    Currently have Homer's 24hrs Pie Mania quest queued up in my task bar as well. This is from a 2015 storyline, speed up and completed quest with no change.

Similar issues here too. I received a small update a couple of days ago and since then I've had nothing but problems.

I normally use my tablet, but also have checked it out on my phone. The same problem is present on BOTH devices. They are both Android.

I have already cleared all the data and apart from having fun signing in after, nothing has changed.

Some additional comments about issues:

1. Whenever I start the game, it appears to be a restart as if I hadn't loaded it before. If does remember where I was before nor any other choices (i.e. close multiple character coices/ building design options)
    2. Various old tasks, not just Homer Pieman, have returned.
    I'm getting

• 2... a. I'm getting 'Pennies' frmt he Penny Fountain,
    b. track building, useful for getting extra donuts, crashed out in the middle of gettng to this week's 5 donuts. I can trade parts for tracks, with no possibility of getting any tracks now
    c. Claw machine just gives me pairs of bowling shoes
    3. If I click the box at the top right to check the daily challenges, etc., clicking on the option to check the track project diverts me to the Homerpalooza options

I have reached the item limit several times recently but have put stuff in storage to help. This hasn't cured the problems I'm getting. Is it possible to raise the limit from the new 10,200 point to 15,000 or more please?
  • I have "Push Notifications" on "OFF", but still get Homer announcing them on my Android phone.

Nothing?
  • Just received an update and ran TO to see if issues have been fixed. Sadly they haven't.
  • alaskanmarine
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Attempting to load, informs of update and switches over to apple App Store to upgrade. No new upgrade available. Last available update in store is August 10, 2017. Currently in the 3 part homerpalooza rock event. No update button in App Store. Only open button. Takes back to loading screen prompting for update. Any help would be great
  • Is there a reason I can only send the kids to moes and Krusty burger for rock performances? I have them on the pop stage but can't send anyone else to Moes or Kristy burger, I feel like I'm losing opportunities to earn sunglasses.
  • CSnow777 wrote: »
    Is there a reason I can only send the kids to moes and Krusty burger for rock performances? I have them on the pop stage but can't send anyone else to Moes or Kristy burger, I feel like I'm losing opportunities to earn sunglasses.

My understanding is that some venues can switch between being a 'rock' venue and a 'pop' venue, so it all depends which one comes up each time. Look at the bottom of the window where you assign characters. It will state if it is pop or rock. Cycle through all of them to see which are pop/rock each round, then you can plan which characters to send to which venue.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • New issue where all past quests show up (Valentines etc etc) even though completed. Tap radius goes to 0. Will not goto character when task is completed. Missing Rail quests. I have 2 accounts and is happening to both. One started 2 days ago other started today.
  • Raubhautz
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    CSnow777 wrote: »
    Is there a reason I can only send the kids to moes and Krusty burger for rock performances? I have them on the pop stage but can't send anyone else to Moes or Kristy burger, I feel like I'm losing opportunities to earn sunglasses.

My understanding is that some venues can switch between being a 'rock' venue and a 'pop' venue, so it all depends which one comes up each time. Look at the bottom of the window where you assign characters. It will state if it is pop or rock. Cycle through all of them to see which are pop/rock each round, then you can plan which characters to send to which venue.

OMG, seriously? This is my problem exactly. Wasting lots of time trying to figure this out... wasted jam session time, RL time.... need to quit wasting time on this game, lol.

BTW - It appears (along with Kwik-E-Mart I believe) that Moe's alternates Jam Sessions between Pop and Rock sessions.
    Post edited by Raubhautz on
  • @Herron777 There is a whole thread about this type of issue, some people have had success in contacting EA to request a rollback in their game:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues/p1
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • @Muhsterino Thanks for the link. I hope I can get it fixed be a shame to quit now.
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    @Herron777 There is a whole thread about this type of issue, some people have had success in contacting EA to request a rollback in their game:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues/p1

• I am level 124 and I either done flaw and order or it never appeared I don't know my game dates back to 2014 and I don't have sideshow Bob as a controlled character and he never shows up in my town to tapped on or friends town to tapped on so I can't get sideshow bob

Nothing?

Go to your Android settings - Apps - Springfiels - uncheck the "show notifications" box. This is how I did it.
  • Easier inventory access is SORELY needed. I have to scroll for 5 minutes just to get to the end of the list. I'd like to be able to click on the scrollbar where I'd like to go (like any other scrollbar in the world) rather than having to scroll through the whole list.

Thanks!
  • Easier inventory access is SORELY needed. I have to scroll for 5 minutes just to get to the end of the list. I'd like to be able to click on the scrollbar where I'd like to go (like any other scrollbar in the world) rather than having to scroll through the whole list.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Users have been been requesting a revised inventory process for years, but it hasn’t happened. I’m personally a little dubious about ever seeing such a modification, but one can always hope.

• HI, recently my screen resolution has changed, making all the icons, messages and my town appear much larger than they were. I play on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. The only thing I adjusted before this started was an option to enable split screen apps. Tapped out does not work with this feature, but the screen size has remained wrong even after switching it off again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've looked for the Samsung game tuner app which is no longer available. I'm out of ideas, and can't find a recent reference to anyone else suffering the same thing. Help!