EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• hockeyguy742
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    my Springfield reset to level one (after trying for almost days to gain access, it forced me to hit start new game). Is there any fix for this at all? i was at a very high level and will not start all over. i would rather just stop playing if that is the case. Given all of the bugs, I may still stop playing. This game crashes far too frequently and this isn't the first time this has happened (but the town came back after about twelve hours the first time). :?
  • edited October 2012
    Can't complete the quest to build willies shack please help!
  • thatgirlnik
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    Why will no one from EA actually help me/everyone encountering problems with this game?
    How do we even make a complaint about the service?

It seems like EA no longer cares about their customers or the quality of their customer support.

Is anyone here receiving any help at all for their issues?
    The support team have stopped replying to my messages and I'm pretty much ready to lay a complaint and then avoid any EA products.
    Such a shame because this was such a fun game (idea)!
  • marissaro
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    So I hear EA is currently having issues with the server, but I did what they told me to do (logout and log back in), and I keep getting the message:

Welcome to Origin, marissaro
    You are currently on Level 4 Springfield already on this device (view)
    Is this your springfield? Yes/No

It's not my Springfield, I'm on level 18 and would absolutely scream if I lost all that "wasteless" but addicting time on this game.

Any advice?
  • edited October 2012
    A few days ago, my level 22 Springfield managed to disappear on me. I had $10k of fake money away from buying the town hall, collected 55 donuts (earned by playing this EVERY DAY, not paying) AND didn't built a million brown hours to earn more fake money (by building a Springfield true to the show). One hour I had it all (almost), the next hour it gave me the dreaded "is this your Springfield?" with a level 8 springfield (that looked like mine from a month ago). First I kept tapping no and cancel - reset, no and cancel - reset, hard quit the game (I'm on an iPhone 4S). Nothing. Then I stupidly hit reset, and, and ALL IS LOST. I've since built back up to a level 9 "protest" Springfield with 20 brown houses. I probably won't be able to finish the Halloween stuff.

Let his serve as a warning to others. EA help has been less than helpful thus far.

alan_scrabbles
  • thatgirlnik
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    marissaro wrote:
    So I hear EA is currently having issues with the server, but I did what they told me to do (logout and log back in), and I keep getting the message:

Welcome to Origin, marissaro
    You are currently on Level 4 Springfield already on this device (view)
    Is this your springfield? Yes/No

It's not my Springfield, I'm on level 18 and would absolutely scream if I lost all that "wasteless" but addicting time on this game.

Any advice?

Hi Marissaro and Alan_scrabbles,
    You both have had the same issue I am experiencing. The first time this happened I contacted EA but got frustrated with their inability to help and ended up selecting yes, and using the level 7 game 'already on my device' but sadly after building it back to level 11 that game has now disappeared as well.
    EA had massive problems with this in June (2012) and shut down the servers for a time before re-releasing the game. They were able to restore a lot of people's games to the level they were on (a lot of acquired characters, buildings etc missing). I would be happy enough to have them do this and add donuts to restore special items.
    Today I asked EA Australia support why the global support team were not responding, they said it might be because they are in the middle of resolving the problem.
    Hopeful? Maybe. I'd like to know why they are not able to do the same thing again and why they re-released it with the same problems.

Sorry if this isn't very helpful. I figure if they won't talk to us at least we can talk to each other!
    Best of luck
  • marissaro
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    Thanks thatgirlnik.

A slightly bit hopeful, but I'm in the US. We'll see, although the problem that they had in June seemed to effect a lot more people. There's only a handful of us in the forum sharing our frustrations from what has occurred in the last 24 hours. I'm not going to continue to play this game from the beginning only for it to happen again in three months or so.
  • TKE377
    83 posts
    edited October 2012
    So everything was great at first after the last update but now I am having all sorts of connection issues. After i get into my town and collect from a few houses it crashes. After the restart i can sometimes finish before another crash but it mostly crashes again. Also every time I go to a neighbors house I connect to them start to collect and it disconnects and reconnects again back at my town. The latest update was great and had solved most my problems but now out of nowhere its almost just as bad again!

Oh also there was one time that it disconnected right after a exclamation bubble popped up over mayan homers head. When it restarted the bubble was gone. My fear is that I now have lost that "quest" line and cannot finish the THOH.
  • waful447
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi Gypsy.My game deleted ALL of my doughnuts, money and treats. I had just about enough to get something i really wanted but now, all my stuff is gone. I had 25 doughnuts, 1,707 dollars and 257 treats.
  • FireSheepIsland
    10 posts
    edited October 2012
    contact the better business bureau. games are getting deleted all over the place, and EA is doing nothing about it, even if you spent money on In-App purchases.
  • EmDX25
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    bitpom666 wrote:
    I am on on level 16 and have been prompted in the Marge's bad Dream mission to build Moe's Tavern however when I go to select it, it isn't available. I do not think I have been prompted to do the Al Coholic here Pt 1; mission.

I have the same issue
  • Casoffers
    44 posts
    edited October 2012
    Not getting parts of tasks or being told to build something but not being able to isn't a flaw or a problem with the system, it's a problem with the players individual game play.

In the beginning, and even up to level 22 there are certain tasks that must be done in order build buildings.
    If a character tells you to build a building, and you can't but are at the right level or above, on the next completion of all your tasks let your characters walk around a bit OR if you have game suggested tasks in your task book, do them.

Character X may tell you to build something but and interaction between Character Y and Character Z with a completed task by Character Y that will let you build something.

Most of the low level character tasks revolve around Homer and Lisa being free at the same time and Homer completing a task. Also be mindful of the number of times you must do something, like collect bribes at the race track 3 times, etc.
    If you don't have all the characters do all the tasks for the number of times, you will continue to level but not get promted to build things.

Right now only after the highest level can you sort of ignore tasks, after you have built the apartment, although there is a cute story line about Flander's, the principal and the teacher.
  • a22196105
    12 posts
    edited October 2012
    What is your relationship with EA? Employee or game player?
    mulitple people have the issue with Moe's and their tasks are all complete and they (we) keep Lisa and Homer available not only during those times but also when leveling up (as mentioned in my report here in the bug thread).
    What is missing is official statements from EA here on Their board and on Their trouble ticket site as to what the issue is and the resolution. I have talked with many here about gaining Moe's and it would appear that I have done everything they have. Also to be noted that Moe's is a task to be done but when you click on the task it is locked thus your comment about doing the tasks when told to do the tasks does not make sense since this is what we are clicking on, the task requesting us to do it. Be also advised that besides the task being locked, the text of the task has changed to the color normally given to tasks which are available. Now you should see our issue of a conflict of the norm and what several of us are seeing.
    Casoffers wrote:
    Not getting parts of tasks or being told to build something but not being able to isn't a flaw or a problem with the system, it's a problem with the players individual game play.

In the beginning, and even up to level 22 there are certain tasks that must be done in order build buildings.
    If a character tells you to build a building, and you can't but are at the right level or above, on the next completion of all your tasks let your characters walk around a bit OR if you have game suggested tasks in your task book, do them.

Character X may tell you to build something but and interaction between Character Y and Character Z with a completed task by Character Y that will let you build something.

Most of the low level character tasks revolve around Homer and Lisa being free at the same time and Homer completing a task. Also be mindful of the number of times you must do something, like collect bribes at the race track 3 times, etc.
    If you don't have all the characters do all the tasks for the number of times, you will continue to level but not get promted to build things.

Right now only after the highest level can you sort of ignore tasks, after you have built the apartment, although there is a cute story line about Flander's, the principal and the teacher.
  • atloss7612
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    I sent willie to the house to sleep in, after he got finished, the evil flanders said know its time to send some one else. then the quest for Android's Dungeon came up. but its not unlocked, I sent everyone to the bad dream house and I alrady have bart. Now I have to build the libaray. how do i unlock that quest
  • carlleic
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    Does anybody else's game just shut down whenever it feels like it? Most of the time when you touch a character to put them on a job the app just shuts down and it is so frustrating and dont know how much more i can take of it, why should i keep wasting money on donuts if this is what is gonna happen, its like everytime they update it, it comes back with something else wrong with, its just incompitence on there part and im sick of it, does anyone know how to sort this or how to contact EA? Please help.
  • slim33chance
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Not sure what's going on with my Springfield. I have leveled up from 18-20 and can't get any new "quests" to build new buildings. Not sure if I'm missing something. The only mission I get is for Cletus. As soon as I finish one of his another one for him pops up, nothing else. It shows what quest should be available by level yet none are popping up for me. Can you help? User name is slim33chance. Thanks.
  • TheGuyinHanes
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    I have the same exact problem; I CAN'T BUILD anything, I tried with my iPad, iPhone and iPod touch and the game crashes whenever I tap the build icon or there is a quest that requires a new building, please fix this its utter annoying not to do anything in the town...
  • Kvlard1
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    I am currently having issues logging in. I get to the synchronizing page and it shuts off. This has happened for two days now and I am losing chances to earn treats, money, level, and quests. I have only one more thing to buy with treats. I am at a higher level and have lots of money and buildings. Would be very frustrated and probably stop playing if I lose my town. Any fixes let me know. :(
  • Nickfreeman37
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    I reached level 22 and was saving for Edna's apartment. Then nothing? I have not been able to log on for ten days now. I play on iPad and keep getting cannot connect to server. I assume I am not alone in this and am not seeking advice as I believe it is an ea problem. I would like to know if anyone has had an acknowledgement of the problem from ea. This thread was started by someone who appeared to be from them but I have not noted any replies from them.
  • eduardo_rubi
    27 posts
    edited October 2012
    They wont reply, they do read this but wont reply until the problem has been fix or they are ready to send a new update. Most sure thing is that there will be an update on nov 01, right after halloween, but till then there is no point telling one by one what is all ready obvious, they all redy know and they are working on it.
    This thread is to let them know of the many problems the game is giving us so they can work on them, like:
    sideshow bob not showing up any more (again),
    the crashing of the app randomly,
    quest desapearing,
    quest items not unloking,
    And many more. There is a small number of us having roblems with the app this time, not the same as before so the fix should be quick.

Just have patience and report all your app problems here, again, they do read them =).
    Post edited by Unknown User on