EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Wife and I play this game, me on a Nokia phone (Android 9), her on a kindle fire HDX (android 4.4). Since 'the younger games' update, her kindle keeps crashing when collecting from characters whereas mine is fine. Please fix, as there appears to be a problem with Kindles running kindle OS that is based on an older android system.
  • Stacy47
    4 posts New member
    I too have a Kindle Fire HDX , I can't collect from task either, it crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times to no avil.
  • I think they dont care anymore or it be fixed for everyone.
  • I love Tapped Out, been playing for years. Since this latest update the game is virtually unplayable and the only information is "This is only an issue with older tablets" and "they're working on it". Really??? My Kindle is about a year old and they have been "working on it" for at least five days now. If anyone from EA is reading this (or cares), I can't possibly express how incredibly disappointed I am.
  • Not sure if this is on my end...ever since the August 2019 update, my game crashes within seconds of opening up the game or it will freeze when I'm starting new challenges. Totally frustrating! I can't get anywhere with the challenges due to the crashing all the time. Anyone else experiencing this? I can't even play anymore because it crashes as soon as it loads.
  • tacoshack7807
    49 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Not sure if this is on my end...ever since the August 2019 update, my game crashes within seconds of opening up the game or it will freeze when I'm starting new challenges. Totally frustrating! I can't get anywhere with the challenges due to the crashing all the time. Anyone else experiencing this? I can't even play anymore because it crashes as soon as it loads.

Sure. Lots of us are. Maybe something will change when part two starts tomorrow but I doubt it. They're blaming it on our older devices.

You can try submitting a report to EA.
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out
  • My device is a year old and I can't play..crashes within seconds. I feel they just don't care about a few hundred people. I'm probably done playing after 4 years. Shame.
  • I have been having problems with the game for some time. I am playing on an old Apple iPad, and am on Level 516.

The first problem is that if I have too many characters -- which is apparently five or more -- in one building, e.g., The Android's Dungeon to perform a daily mission, once the mission is complete I cannot get the game to release the characters and give me the daily prize. As it usually takes five characters to complete the mission, this is a problem. It's a bigger problem with the monthly quests such as the current Youthanizer Quest, where I have six or eight characters stuck in the Simpsons house, with the stage of the mission complete, and the game crashing each time I click onto the house, or on a character whose "blast radius" includes the house. Why is the game doing this? I can sometimes get around this by "nibbling around the edges" and clearing out characters and buildings near the blast radius, then going back to clear the building, but it does not work reliably. I need the game to run properly, not to constantly have to restart after multiple crashes!

The second problem is I cannot get the game to reset, which should clean out the houses and release the characters. I've tried shutting the iPad down for 30 minutes, then restarting, and it made no difference. I have tried logging out of the game and logging back in. The only effect has been for the game to insist that I am logged in on another device and force me to confirm my age, agree to the terms, and log in again. And again. And again.

If anyone has any ideas how these "logjams" in the houses can be broken, I'd like to hear them. I'm out of ideas.
  • @devonjaruk You say that you use an old iPad, so that may well be the source of the problem. There are a few things you can try, such as freeing up space on your device. Tapped out needs a LOT of free space to run smoothly, see this thread for info:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloading-apple-devices-troubleshooting-tips#latest
    Other ideas: try storing the IRS building if you need to clear areas with lots of characters (I assume you have upgraded this building) or move the building to an open area. Some players occasionally have a bug where characters are stuck in a building, for example:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/247058/stuck-characters#latest
    The game will only save your progress once it is synchronised. The best way to do this is to visit the friends screen, then go back to your town. You should see the message ‘synchronising’ when you are returning to your town.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I just fired up my game and used the Sky Finger Monument. Unless I had the worst timing in history and a whole bunch of random buildings had their income pop up in the two minutes after then the sky monument is NOT collecting from all the buildings.
  • Logged in today, completed yesterday’s daily challenge winning 6 donuts and then watched my overall donut count drop by nearly 400! What’s going on with that?!
  • Logged in today, completed yesterday’s daily challenge winning 6 donuts and then watched my overall donut count drop by nearly 400! What’s going on with that?!
    You could contact EA to see if they can help.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/
  • Hi, I dont know what happens, I cannot send my characters to clean up the trash, but I can hold down to save the trash in the inventary
  • Hey I have a strange problem I still have quests for the Simpsons babies update and who shot mr burns update to my knowledge this should have ended a while ago, my game is updated and I’m on iOS. Please help!
  • If I try to farm donuts, the game crashes. It's gone from just about any amount of Bloodmobiles, to 9 bloodmobiles, and now it's down to 3. I'm level 939.
  • @drichards168 You can finish the part of the event you were on. After that the rest should not appear.
    Try doing the quest and see if that makes them disappear. If not, you can contact EA and ask them to remove them from your game.
  • I've been away from Tapped Out for maybe a couple of years. I just downloaded the game again on my new phone and my town popped up just fine. But it's October now and my town is still in summer. When will it update? I want to enjoy Halloween and buy a bunch of cool stuff!
  • TheBeck60 wrote: »
    I've been away from Tapped Out for maybe a couple of years. I just downloaded the game again on my new phone and my town popped up just fine. But it's October now and my town is still in summer. When will it update? I want to enjoy Halloween and buy a bunch of cool stuff!
    No one knows, a discussion thread about this can be found in the General Discussion part of the forum:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/250549/is-halloween-2019-happening/p1
  • I have no tasks/quests to do. I have completed them all. Tried complaining to EA and they just told me the standard solutions like clear history, restart device, etc etc. Anyone else have same problem?