EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Rankrotten
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    This isn't really the app itself, but I'm not seeing the halloween update anywhere in the app store on my phone. My sister has it on her iPad but I don't even have the option to download it. Is there any way for me to get it? Any help would be appreciated!

(Also getting the bug where I can't visit neighbours but I'm sure everyone knows about that.)
  • eduardo_rubi
    27 posts
    edited October 2012
    Is possible that the problems are caused by sideshow bob. In the 2.0.1 version he was not in it and the game run really smoth, it was the BEST update, but then it got back in to the game and the problems started again. It should be best to have him as a character instead of some random appearance.
  • stephtan
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi everyone,

I cannot visit my neighbours using my wi-fi at home. However, I CAN visit my neighbours using my office's WI-FI.

Hence, I have not been able to proceed with my quest to TP and egg my neighbours because I have been sick at home for 14days! Cannot proceed with Treehouse Horror's quest and Halloween is ending soon!

Is this a problem with my internet's settings at home? Or is this one of EA's not-so-resolved bugs?

I tried to delete some of my friends when I logged in but I cannot. It keeps saying "Error. The Origin network could not be reached. Please check your network connection and try again".
    The bugs in this app are making me feel fed up with the game. Please EA/Origin, help us with these bugs.

My username is stephtan and I have the most current version of the app.
  • carlleic
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    What is the point of a great game like this if the creators can't even get it right, there all useless and imcompitant
  • Bradbrown1967
    11 posts
    edited October 2012
    For those of us that lost our Springfield....after many weeks of playing and spending $$$ on doughnuts, is there any hopE of recovering our game? Or are we simply out of luck? There must be some way we can somehow at least get some doughnuts in our account so we can catch back up to where we were without it taking another month to get there....
  • abg1981
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    The game is still regularly giving me the 'cannot connect to server' message. It worked fine until i logged in with my EA origin account and ever since i did that i am having these connection issues! And before you suggest it, my wi-fi is perfectly fine!!! This is clearly a problem on your end. I know its free but that doesn't mean it should be shonky and broken!!!
  • marissaro
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    Am still having this problem a week later...anybody else lost their game? i keep getting alerts from my game, so I remain a tiny bit hopeful. either that or EA is sending them to get a good laugh.
    marissaro wrote:
    So I hear EA is currently having issues with the server, but I did what they told me to do (logout and log back in), and I keep getting the message:

Welcome to Origin, marissaro
    You are currently on Level 4 Springfield already on this device (view)
    Is this your springfield? Yes/No

It's not my Springfield, I'm on level 18 and would absolutely scream if I lost all that "wasteless" but addicting time on this game.

Any advice?
  • Bradbrown1967
    11 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm another "lost my Springfield" player, just like you. I guess that's what the tag line "This Game is life-ruiningly fun!" is all about :mrgreen:

Man this really sucks, having to start over at level 1 after playing for well over a month, not to mention spending all the money on doughnuts.
  • ekki1123
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi!

Whenever I go to the game (signed in with my origin account) I see my town, but after I completed a mission yesterday, the game closed down, and now, everytime I go back, I see that I succeeded in the mission, but when I click collect, the game shuts down again! This has happened every time since then, and I can't continue with the game!!

Please help me! I've tried deleting and re-installing the game, and I can play annonimously as well, just not with my origin account.
  • katamydoyle
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have the quest to buy willies shack but when i go to buy it, it is still locked and i cant buy it i am on level 10 so i am on the right level for it what is going on ea??????????
  • brambillajr
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hey guys,

My town is lost, exactly the same way I foud happen with most people here.

There is something like a solution for that or we will start a endless chat regarding it?

Bram
  • Bradbrown1967
    11 posts
    edited October 2012
    You can submit a trouble ticket to EA Games. You'll get a standard canned response, to the effect of "we're very sorry for your problems...blah blah blah....rest assured we're working hard on this issue....."

My last response from EA support stated that yes, eventually I would get my original Springfield back, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh...and if you purchased doughnuts, go to your iTunes account and contact their support to request a refund. More than likely they will issue you one if you purchased them recently.
  • allhailsteve
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    I lost my Springfield too a few days ago. I'm still in touch with support via e-mail but as I haven't seen a single person post in here that they got their Springfield back, I don't hold out any hope of getting mine back.
  • abg1981
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    Right! As our 'mod' has absolutely no information about the future of this game, i'm deleting this abortion of an app from my device! As usual, EA has far too many irons in the fire and things like this free game will suffer because of that! It's a real shame as the game looks great but the technical issues are outweighing the fun of playing it! Good luck to everyone who is persevering with it. I hope they give you some news on this games status soon.

• Bradbrown1967
    11 posts
    edited October 2012
    But you know...it's not really a free game. They're making money on doughnuts from most of us that have been playing. I haven't spent money on a computer game in years, but I've spent $40 on this app so far. Pretty slick from a marketing standpoint I'd say.

So if they want to keep customers coming back and playing more (and buying more doughnuts)...then a quick resolution to the problem would be in order.
  • carlleic
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone know how you get the alien from thhe treehouse of horror characters? I have all the rest and think Iv completed all the quests but still don't have the alien!
  • kierown1k
    12 posts
    edited October 2012
    You need to purchase the ray gun for 150 donuts and shoot his space ship down, then he will join your springfield, he is also able to do quests :)
  • tu_troi_bien
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hi Gypsy. The game still crashes ever time I try to start it and access my Origin-associated game. It lets me sign into Origin, but then then I tap to continue it crashes. However if I sign out of Origin, I can start and play an anonymous game with no problems. Any idea how to fix that? I've completely closed the app (per the instructions EA posted recently) and restarted it several time.

i had this problem this weekend and still cannot access my game. please tell me why and how to fix it
    *note.... i spent over 500 dollars for donuts to build my Springfield and still have over 1000 donuts left in my game

please get back to me asap. thanks in advance
  • edited October 2012
    When I log into tapped out, it says there is a level 7 Springfield on my device. My town is level 22. I've logged out of origin one logged back on to no avail. I've deleted the app from my iPad and reinstalled it to no avail. I've spent time and money on this game and I am very mad. Is there any help for this?
  • gmak40
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    I cannot visit my friends every time I try I get kicked off the server message. I have the latest download tried shutting down and logging off. I even deleted friends as some suggested. I'm still having the same problem. Looks like some can get to there friends and others can't . Why? Seems like when I reached level 20 this started. What's the deal?
    I feel like I wasted a lot of time and $ on this game. It won't happen again Ea. later. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Problem resolved you have to delete friends that are having connection proems themselves.
    I had to delete 50 friends before I was able to get back on the server.
    Thanks to all who posted this information.
    Good luck :lol: :roll: :wink: :P :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on