EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• mysterygirrrl
    5 posts
    edited March 2012
    To add to the long list of problems I've been experiencing, today I went from level 17 to level 12 and thousands of my gold is missing. ****. I downloaded this game thinking it would be playable and wasn't still in testing stages. This is ****. All my progress and time :(
  • ClaynzUK
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    my game loads up perfectly when not signed into origin and play as a guest but thats only at level 1.
    But when I try to log in as my EA/Origin account it tries to log in then screen goes black and boots me back to iPhone homescreen.
    Tried to fix this by deleting app and resyncing with itunes but no luck my profile wont load at all.
  • mdevantie
    4 posts
    edited March 2012
    I'm halfway through level 15 and I still haven't gotten the quest to build the Church or the Java Server (both level 14).
    Or quests to build Moe's Tavern and Jake's Unisex Hair Palace.

Should I just wait for the quests to come? (It's been 2 days since I advanced to level 15!)
    Or is there yet another problem with the game?!
  • The_Mad_Mason
    6 posts
    edited March 2012
    Hello, I've been unable to get into the game now for maybe 24 hours. I open it up and it tries to load but Bart keeps unplugging the modem! Ok, so I just get the screen with him and the "unable to connect to server" error. This cycles and doesn't let me progress any further.

Running a up to date iOS on a 4S. I deleted the game, restarted the phone and reinstalled the game to no avail. My version of the game is 1.0 (if there is a location I can download the latest let me know!). I'd be willing to test out new versions too if you need testers :)

This is a really fun game so I hope it isn't discontinued!
  • Ti5969
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    I can no longer select, move, or delete buildings and structures. The icon appears to be "greyed" out and isn't selectable.
  • levyelad
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    Now I can't collect any money either.
    I saw an EA guy commenting. How about some time tables for bug fixes?

EDIT: Storing a Tree fixed it oddly enough. hope that helps towards a solution.
  • Richteamedia
    4 posts
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Levyelad, my money and xp wouldn't pop out either when I clicked the dollar signs.

I tried your trick " store a tree into your inventory box" and it worked...

so weird !! lol

http://www.richteamedia.com
  • EinsteinQR
    5 posts
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Levyelad! I just came in here to report that I wasn't getting any $ or XP. Took a screenshot that showed my Conform-O-Meter Bonus at -26843544% :shock: Putting an item in inventory fixed the issue.

On a side note, still not able to visit Other Springfields. Based on other posts in this thread, this may be a feature rather than a bug! :lol:
  • rosengreen592
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    I have received a task for Lisa. Springfield cleaners part 2. But i am not able to complete it since it is not active even though it appears in the task manager. Besides, i cannot antmore build Kwik-e-Markt. I am in level 16. The Lisa bug means that I cannot progress the game. I can only collect money and build structures that are active. No purpose playing then.
  • Toows
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    I have a problem too ! ^^
    since friday, ican't connect to my springfield (the game crash)(but my friend can visit it).
    And i can play a "new" springfield :/
    Have a solution for me ?
  • levyelad
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    NP, Richteamedia and EinsteinQR. Glad it helped.
  • edited March 2012
    Everytime i try to log into the neighborhood that i have done the most on it only loads maybe one out of ten to twenty trys. It loads a smaller one that is not as far or starts from the begining. Is there a way to fix this or will this be fixed over time?
  • Kellie1
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Hi there, I've been playing this awesome game for awhile now and have experience quite a few bugs lol, they usually clear up a little while later but this time it hasn't. I went from level 11 (nearly level 12) to level 8 when I next logged in, it's happened before but usually after a couple of hours and then logging in again it usually fixes itself, but this time it hasn't after about 6 hours. Also I can't seem to visit other Springfield's either, not that I have any friends on it, just the game one. I've tried resetting it by deleting it from the bottom of the iphone app (double tapping the button, and then removing it from the bottom list) but it hasn't worked either. Should I delete it off and then reinstall it?
  • aaronmccourt
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2012
    I've been playing since the game launched, and made it through the annoying connection issues, but yesterday a bunch of the land expansion plots that I'd purchased are greyed out and inaccessible... the roads, water, and concrete I had built on them are gone, but the buildings are all still there.

HELP!!
    origin ID aaronmccourt

Thanks
  • coolcoco1
    6 posts
    edited March 2012
    Since a week i cant do anything, have to Build the Simpson House, but im already lvl 14!
    Please fix! ID: coolcoco1
  • m4mal
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    It's the same issue others have already mentioned.

I was visiting my neighbors and my game crashed, now the game acts as if I'm at lvl one. With all the buildings etc. still present, Lisa asks me to put some roads over the houses (****, it's not even possible!). The game is in tutorial mode and doesn't let me do anything. I've already tried logging in and out of Origin, and turning off/on my device (with the app closed from multitasking bar) to no avail /;

112he95.png

Please fix my Springfield. Origin ID: m4mal

• Theundertows
    6 posts
    edited March 2012
    I am pretty sure that Bart is locked from my game - I am Lvl 14 without a quest for his Tree House or Bart.

I've also got $500 cash for 4 Mystery Boxes in a row.

Also I have friends on my list with a "Newer Version" which will not let me visit nor update.

9 times out of 10 I get brought into a barren lvl 1 Springfield. Logging in/out of Origin and trying more seems to help but sporadic at best.

iPad Battery Warning Messages cause the game to crash.

I've bought IAP and would like some additional consideration (ie Donuts) given the issues.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • brettmitre
    3 posts
    edited March 2012
    Krusty has disappeared. He was promoting a new product and when I logged in he was gone.
  • sabotage25
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    not getting any XP or money when i press on a building.
    I have a conformity bonus of: -26843544.0% money and xp
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jimmyq428
    3 posts
    edited March 2012
    sabotage25 wrote:
    not getting any XP or money when i press on a building.
    I have a conformity bonus of: -26843544.0% money and xp

I also have this same issue. It has been going on and off the last 3 days. I have lost a ton of xp and money due to this error.

My task book also shows a picture of Apu and the tomacco icon but when I click on them no quest info shows. I completed both of the quests but the icons never went away.