EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• TNA1710
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just finished channel 26 news and click on the check mark and the game crashes. Tried closing the game completely and still no change. ****?
  • Vindavinda
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same issue with me, I love the game but pretty frustrating... Ugh not this screen again
  • TNA1710
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    Just saw some other posts just previous looks like everyone is having the same issue. Sigh.
  • AnthemFlight
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    I STILL can't even get past "Cannot Connect to Server - Ugh! Not this screen again"

I am super frustrated not only missing out on a long period of time of no money and no coins, but wondering if my town is even still there. I can honestly say that if it's no longer there, I am done with this game and pretty much done with any EA iOS games. I get that it's not simple to make a huge game and keep it running, but come on, fix the bugs so 100s if not 1000s of people don't lost what they've spent MONTHS doing.

is anyone else still not past this screen?

EA, what is the deal?
  • Cgallduff
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    Could hardly get in all day today and last night. Then today all my friends disappeared. Then later it had auto logged me out of origin but the origin button had disappeared so I couldn't actually log back in. It will only let me play annonomously and won't let me add any friends anyway. I had a lot of friends and was happily collecting Santa coins :( this sucks!!!
  • Revan184
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am having such problems with mine it's not collecting my cash my rating went from 5 stars down to one........my houses have been disappearing and re appearing over the last 10 days now I cannot even log on and the game doesn't even give me the option and this has been happening for the last 24 hours.....I want to continue playing but if I lose anymore money or donuts I've gained disappearing I'm not going to restart I'm level 24....at this point I'm so frustrated!
  • gannond32
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have gotten past a lot of issues by deleting the app and downloading it all over again. Especially went I cannot get past the Bart screen.
  • cbf6257
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    First, about two weeks ago, half of my other springfields said to come back in 50 days, then today EA logged me out, the. When I logged back in, all my springfields were gone. There was no logout option anymore so Uninstalled and reinstalled and now getting the ugh not this screen again.
    I would ask for adds, but I can't even access invites.
  • Kellyg33
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Ea's and origins help site says that the problems with logging in are resolved. I have not been able to access my game since 9am. If they dont fix this soon I want my money I spent on this game back. I mean this is ridiculous. They dont even know what is happening. I have unistalled and reinstalled 3 times already so can someone PLEASE tell us how to fix if you guys have resolved the problem like your website says. Very very frustrated.
  • cmbeder
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Obviously, this is the poorest customer service out there. EA doesn't care at all. I lost my level 17 Springfield in Mid-Oct, and I still have an open ticket with them (all responses have been from bots, one referenced a different game that I've never played).

Since then I've started replaying and was back up to level 15 before today. I was kicked out of Origin and started getting the horrible "Ugh, not this screen again" (given the sh*tty level of service, you would think they would avoid cute error messages that only add insult to injury). I've reinstalled, etc, without luck.

• AnthemFlight
    7 posts
    edited December 2012
    cmbeder wrote:
    Obviously, this is the poorest customer service out there. EA doesn't care at all. I lost my level 17 Springfield in Mid-Oct, and I still have an open ticket with them (all responses have been from bots, one referenced a different game that I've never played).

Since then I've started replaying and was back up to level 15 before today. I was kicked out of Origin and started getting the horrible "Ugh, not this screen again" (given the sh*tty level of service, you would think they would avoid cute error messages that only add insult to injury). I've reinstalled, etc, without luck.

isn't it EA that the president came out and said he doesn't care about gamers? or maybe that's Activision now that I'm typing this out. but ya, either way. very apparent that the major companies have lost touch with their audience.
  • cmbeder
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Basically, if you've lost your Springfield you're out of luck. Since the game is actually quite a bit of fun to play, I'm hoping (against hope) that I'm only having server issues. Anything that requires human attention will be ignored.

Thankfully, Apple is willing to refund any money spent on this game.
  • MissWest90
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    OYE! So I was palying earlier this morning fine! Then all of the sudden, Orgin has me log in. I did. I wiped my WHOLE game!! Wanted me to start from level 1 again!! SO I came to the forum and read if I delete it and redownload it, it should work. At least it had for others. So I did the first time...I get "Cannot connect to server". I delete and reinstall and additional 3 times and always the same thing. Please fix this soon, I love this game!!!

Orgin name: MissWest90

Thank you!
  • smokie1134
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am having the same problems, but it only works on mt IPod and is stuck on the error screen on my IPad.

• maifira
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    The game keeps crashing at start up ... A building is the cause if the crash .. I hear homer yell kaboom and then the game crashes Are these issues even being addressed .... All day I haven't been able to play ... And I really like this game but I'm about ready to stop playing last 2 weeks seem to been issue after issue and it says I'm supposed to be able toake the bowling alley for Barney but it won't let me build it
  • dkerchner
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    It is frustrating that accidentally removing a skin on a house resets the coins timer. It is very easy to do when trying to hit the exit arrow in the upper left hand corner. The timer should only reset if you have actually closed the dialog.
  • ecassata
    41 posts
    edited December 2012
    dkerchner wrote:
    It is frustrating that accidentally removing a skin on a house resets the coins timer. It is very easy to do when trying to hit the exit arrow in the upper left hand corner. The timer should only reset if you have actually closed the dialog.

I agree same thing has happened to me
  • zblueshell13
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    Haven't been able to play since the Christmas update. I get Cannot Connect to Server screen every time.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    What do I need to do in order to use the BB Code?
  • nabocough
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    dkerchner wrote:

Happened to me and my clumsy finger multiple times as well. :cry: :evil: