EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• tookrazzy
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    :( I am SO ticked off at EA !!! Are you guys trying to go into bankruptcy court ? Your servers spend more time NOT working than they do working properly and you expect customers to "Hang in there"?!?! You're not some fly by night company that doesn't have the staff to handle these situations ! It's a roll of the dice whether or not that you actually get to play and frankly it has come to the point where I'm going to quit. Thankfully I use my iTunes accont to by dounuts because I'm told that I'll be reimbursed for all of my purchases!!! GOOD BYE EA !!!
  • MjScott
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    I hope EA gives some sort of compensation for everyones issues over the past week or so. Specially yesterday and today.
  • RobbySkateboard
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    yeah, I'm getting extremely annoyed with this crap. I know it's a free game and somehow that means we have no right to complain, but if this kind of crap happened to any other free app it would be a problem. This is EA, a HUGE corporation, they should be able to fix this and NEVER have any issues. Everytime I try to visit friends today it crashes the app or says that it can't connect to the server. I like this game, but until we see some serious improvements in stability I will not pay a dime for premium content. If it was a stable game and I could actually PLAY it more than half the time, I'd have no problem buying some stuff.
  • blythebrennan
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just filed a complaint w/ Apple through the customer service page of their website. I think others should do so as well. Things can't continue like this, with people spending money to buy donuts that they can't even use, constant major problems, and no compensation for the many mishaps. Let your voices be heard, Apple has a reputation to uphold and EA and Origin are laughing in their face.
  • tantulas
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Would be nice if EA would acknowledge these well doccumented issues and offer some sort of explination or ETA for a fix. The silence from anyone at EA only shows they are not really interested in our issues!
  • MMTheBatman
    19 posts
    edited December 2012
    I contacted Apple as I finally gave in and bought donuts. Within a couple of hours of doing so, the EA servers decided to become their usual reliable self and I couldn't get back into the game. It has been a hit or miss for 3 days now, probably due to EA not being to configure their servers correctly and load balance well.
    Apple have refunded me straight away but won't take up the complaint with EA regarding the reliability of the game. I wonder if everyone did this, and reported a bug via the iTunes Store, would EA and Apple look into this with more attention?
  • scskye
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I purchased donuts yesterday only to see my game crash. Now I can't play at all. I don't even get to the can't load page. I click on the game and it just clicks right off. I should have never paid for donuts, my game would probably be working. And I was still charged for the donuts. I think everyone should also leave a review of the game on itunes. I think they see that quicker. If there suddenly were a rash of negative reviews that might hurt how many new people download the game. I'm thinking that would definitely get their attention. I hope anyway, I really do like the game
  • JFingaz138
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    It's interesting to me how Apple and EA are both supposed to be great companies who "care" about their customers and fanbase, and yet neither seem to even want to acknowledge how annoyed people are getting.

I suggest we all go to their respective facebook pages and blast them for the whole world to see. This forum is a good tool, but not necessarily in the public eye. Below are links to each page. Please let them have it in a public setting. Maybe that will change their attitude a little.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/EA?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Apple-Inc/137947732957611?fref=ts
  • blythebrennan
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Careful, I was "suddenly" reset in the middle of actually being able to collect on my houses, etc. I worry that it's because I publicly posted that I complained to Apple. Obviously, I can't be sure, but I had been able to get into my own town for very short periods up until now.
  • 0sicx
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have just finished building Barneys Bowlerama and every time I click the check mark to drop the building, the game crashes. After logging in, its is back to the point where I need to touch the check mark again. Tapped out software engineer bros, please look up my user logs/history and see how broken it is. Hope you can get everything up to a working state soon! Your customers are losing progress.

Feel free to PM me for more info keep up the good work!
  • cpt2705
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Game has been unplayable this last week. Similar issues were had throughout the halloween update. Numerous smaller issues to be had in the meantime. Considering the size of EA, the profits they command, the degradation of the games industry they are responsible for, the countless movie franchises and gaming sequels they unscrupulously dish out each year, the fact this is their second release of the tapped out game: there can only be one word to describe their handling of these issues... Pathetic. How can such a large company have such widespread server issues and 1. Do so little about it, 2. Maintain no contact with paying customers, who are clearly become more irritated by the day, and 3. Offer no news of recompensation?

As I said, absolutely pathetic on your part EA. And keep your tainting fingers the **** away from all other successful game franchises while you're at it. Oh wait, there's not that many left !

Sort it out EA, and do it soon. *sigh*

Thank god tapped out uses a fixed camera angle... We'd all be doomed otherwise! :D
  • Kudzu404
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tried to log in this morning and my game was reset to level 1 and it wont let me sign in so i deleted it and re-downloaded (the second time this month) and still im back to the beginning. I have religiously played this game daily for 2 months getting to level 19 in that time. Is there any fix for this or am I just screwed?
  • JFingaz138
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Kudzu404 wrote:
    Tried to log in this morning and my game was reset to level 1 and it wont let me sign in so i deleted it and re-downloaded (the second time this month) and still im back to the beginning. I have religiously played this game daily for 2 months getting to level 19 in that time. Is there any fix for this or am I just screwed?

I don't think you are screwed, my friend had the same thing happen yesterday. He re-downloaded multiple times, and was still reset for most of the day. But once Origin finally came back on-line (for the 4 hours or so) his account was just fine. He had just missed out on doing any missions.

Definitely annoying though...
  • JFingaz138
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Oh and on a side note...The forum coding doesn't appear to be working either.

Redefine FAIL = EA
  • scskye
    102 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm beginning to think no one's been able to play, some people have been out for a week, some a couple days, me yesterday, you today. More and more the game is shutting people out
  • stabbotsford
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I can get on but with no origin button and i think thats whats causing my game to crash when i click finish on a building im not sure tho but my krusty burger is done and when i click it homer says kab... then crashes
  • Kudzu404
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Well maybe they are fixing the issue because I cant even connect anymore. Maybe Origin wasn't connecting and that's why it doesn't know I'm level 19. I tried playing the game a little just to get to a point I could log in to Origin and it wouldn't even let me do that. Now I'm hoping the game doesn't think I'm a level 3.
  • edited December 2012
    Does anyone know why the game crashes when you click to finalise the prison, every time I click it crashes :(
  • stabbotsford
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    " Unlucky. It seems when origin is down its not possible to complete the construction of buildings. It should be fine once the problems are sorted again. "

Saw this on another thread which is what i thought, just have to wait
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks stabbotsford hope the get the issue fixed soon miss playing the game to its full potential