EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Bryanwill6
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just bought donuts to buy doctor nick and the krusty studios. Whenever I purchase dr nick or try to finalize the build on the studios, the game crashes. Anything I can do or will there be a hotfix?
  • ynotbgreen
    64 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The first couple of times it happened to me, installing new didn't help . I was able to delete on my ipod and restore the tapped out .ipa file from a backup then install from iTunes and then connected right away. Today, this same trick did not work. nothing works. worse, I got the cartoon start like I was a new user. reinstalling from computer backup got me back to Cannot connect to server screen.
  • Riingo67
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Game crashes every time I try to complete construction of City Hall. Help!!!!
  • Zwolf37
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Unable to play, unless it is anonymous. Or else it will not connect to the server off the bat. Had perfect service this morning now down again.
  • horsnellmjmr
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    Makes me wonder-do I really need this game?
    Solution should be quick, otherwise I'll start to realize that Ive got better things to do.
  • antbarson
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hi. I've just built Springfield Elementary and the build is complete, but when I tap it, it appears, accompanied by homer say 'kaboom' at which point it crashes. I have tried restarting the game and my iPod but no joy.
  • sorude
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    as of this moment i am able to acces my springfield on my iphone but my friends are gone and i have no origin login.
    on my ipad i am asked to login to origin but have no ability to do so and am now stuck on the day 1 screen as though i am anonymous
    i havent lost any content as of yet, fingers crossed, but i have lost all my patience

and now ive got the bowlarama crash bug, still getting quests though, just sent krusty,kent and hibbert to the truffle and still no friends or ability to login even though i am playing in my springfield on the iphone, logged in this afternoon and still in origin but cant login on the ipad.
    this is nuts

so we got an update 39 so we could build the bowlarama but everything else is SNAFU
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jessty1004
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    It won't let me complete the building of Springfield Penitentiary . Every time I try to the app crashes leaving me in limbo for quest :cry:
  • 0007macca
    29 posts
    edited December 2012
    If the server is down why can some people see their friends and not others??
    I can't access any of my friends but some of them must be able to access my Springfield? Cause they are collecting coins? How does that work?

Getting seriously annoyed... I've spent a small fortune on this game and now I'm worried I won't be able to collect enough coins to get all the limited edition things before they go!!

Come on EA.... Sort it out!!
  • Krunchyfr0g
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    The game crashes when attempting to complete the Bowlorama, the 24 hour counter has completed and the hammer/checkmark icon crashes the game when clicked
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    my saves is crashed, i have 15 level and play game anew,please if u can return my game again thanks.
  • chrissytron
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm hoping this is just a bug and it'll be worked out soon, but my game just sent me back to the beginning. I think I was on level 18--I had just built Luigi's place. I don't want to start over again. :cry:
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    updatings always influence game preservations, wake up at night from Homer's voice and watch everything, and at the end begin anew)
  • bhbmike
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I recently had a lot of problems with Tapped Out. It started with my friend's towns disappearing when I went to visit other Springfields. Then it kept signing me out of Origin and telling me there was an error and would not allow me to sign back in. That was followed by the ability to sign in to Origin disappearing from the main opening screen. I was fed up so I deleted it and re-downloaded the app, hoping this would somehow fix the issues. Now it will not open at all. I am disappointed and frustrated. I have put at least $70 into this game over the last few months to get premium content, and now I find myself unable to even play the game. I really hope there is some bug fixes, or a way to deal with the issues I'm having. If not, I'm done with Origin.
  • crlerickson
    38 posts
    edited December 2012
    Last nights missing origin button and friends are missing again. It was sorted late last night and I just got home and right back to square one. That is now 1 day loss of coins from 100 friends. UNSAT
  • x6black6cat6x
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am so sad! I downloaded the game, fell in love, spent $20 real cash on the game and now it just crashes. I am so disappointed, and all this in one day. I hope I can either get this game running or get my money back >.<
  • mrgrim2099
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    I would like to know why do you say post bugs or problems here and then we hear nothing beside telling us to wait. I am a paying player like most and want to know WHAT is being done. Also am I to belive that we will NOT be comp'ed for all the coins and money that we would have made this whole time seeing we get to wait and play until the next crippling bug. Giving people that would be the absolute least you could do , not to mention answer on the thread but we all know none of that will happen. This happens ALL the time and we are given nothing to comp the lost time and for some money. So please do the right thing and make sure what ever you put out at least WORKS. EA is a big company as are the simpsons why is this game like a hacky 5th grader made it.
  • MissLIB05
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    This game is only working for my Husband's iPhone and on my iPad it won't even past the beginning. It has me restart from level 1 and I can't even log into my Origin but it works perfectly fine for my Husband. It was doing this yesterday too the whole day and for a brief moment this morning it worked but now it's back to same state. It's quite frustrating considering, I am trying to level up and beat my Husband. He's passing me by cause he's signed in and it works regularly for him, but not for me. Why is this? EA needs to fix this quick cause I love playing this game!!!!!
  • crlerickson
    38 posts
    edited December 2012
    Can your husband see his friends list?

I can log into the game on my phone I think because my login was cached as I was playing before it dropped off. My wife however can't log in at all on her iPad likely because her login wasn't cached. That is one theory I guess. I can continue to play but my friends are not listed so I cannot collect coins from them.

It was the same issue last night. Thankfully the progress I made in game during that problem was saved when it went back to normal.
  • edited December 2012
    Anone else keep getting a message that you Cannot Connect to Server? I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and keep getting the same issue.