EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Villm4n
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    I searched a lil bit before posting this so sorry if I didn't find it. While tryin to download the new update this morning, I get to 51.2/80.8 and it stops and goes back to 51.1/80.8 and keeps cycling. This is update 20/39. Deleted and reinstalled and same thin happens. Anyone have same issue or way to get it to work? Thanks!
  • DaleLeeChappo
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    I havent been given a free christmas tree so have been left out of the event! i have messaged all admins and nothing to help and also means i have missed out on the event for ages.

Any help before i give up?
  • tantulas
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Cant see my 'friends pending' list within the Origin menus. There is a drop down menu which jus closes each time i try to open it?? Any one else getting this? I'm playing on an iPhone 4 with ios 5.1 - i will not update to 6 !!
  • 0007macca
    29 posts
    edited December 2012
    EA need to seriously sort themselves out and pretty sharpish... Is it not illegal to sell you a product that is defective? I've spent a lot of money on a game that I'm not able to play, surely if this carries on there's a way to get a refund??? It's like buying a car that only works a couple of days a week.

It's a *******ng joke to be honest.

If EA don't reply to posts on this forum then they should set one up themselves coz its embarrassing how they are taking the * out of us.

I agree with an earlier comment that EA shouldn't have taken on this game if they couldn't support it. They've had enough chances now to sort it out.

Not happy.

Not happy at all.

• zblueshell13
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    Got a new update, and I'm still getting Cannot Connect to Server....
  • Kemyin620
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm so disappointed. I had found a new addiction in this game, but am now let down. I do not have a hacked/jail broken iPhone but still cannot connect to the server :( . It has been over a week I have rebooted my phone, updated the game, tried while connected to wifi and just 3G and nothing. Funny no proem before I bought doughnuts. Last option to try is to delete the game and restart.
  • bubble_408
    5 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have to agree 100% with is
    0007macca wrote:
    EA need to seriously sort themselves out and pretty sharpish... Is it not illegal to sell you a product that is defective? I've spent a lot of money on a game that I'm not able to play, surely if this carries on there's a way to get a refund??? It's like buying a car that only works a couple of days a week.

It's a *******ng joke to be honest.

If EA don't reply to posts on this forum then they should set one up themselves coz its embarrassing how they are taking the * out of us.

I agree with an earlier comment that EA shouldn't have taken on this game if they couldn't support it. They've had enough chances now to sort it out.

Not happy.

Not happy at all.
  • thejazzdiva
    220 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The Harvest Perfection Quest seems to not recognize that the task has been completed, and is not clearing or giving the reward.
  • SherwoodSaint
    20 posts
    edited December 2012

Posted this on discussion board as well so sorry if you read twice.

I had a level 18 town, doing well on Xmas quests etc. but town has now reset to beginning.

I have followed all the usual advice, deleted and reinstalled, logged out and back in again but it still only takes me back to the start. Weirdly i still have all friends, although they will leave in droves now my town has reset with no Xmas stuff etc.

Have sent a help request to EA but not heard anything back.

Any one have this happen to them and if so, how did you resolve it? If indeed you were able.

• bluepoet47
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    I can't complete any Christmas quests. The game shows the same quest over and over, then lists it as already completed (1/1), but I can't move on to the next step. In other words, when I make Ned take the boys snowmobiling, I don't get the next part of the quest, and it shows me "make Ned take the boys snowmobiling 1/1.". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing helps. Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?
  • Kilaartist
    8 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    Username : Kilaartist

I still cannot connect to the game. I've seen the screens that EA has put up about them working on it. My question is should I delete the game and reinstall? I have tried logging in on other machines and the game tells me I'm not signed out on my ipad (since I cant get past the cant connect screen) and that I might loose progress. Does this mean I will loose everything and start at beginning? I really dont want to. Ive invested more time and money on premium items than I'd like to admit.

Has anybody done this ?

DB
  • Don_Jenny
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    hello,

I have a really strange problem...
    a while ago, I was busy with the task to led martin ride a bike.
    but it's still not completed after I let him do it over 20times now.
    the progress is at -215547/1.

I have tried already to sell the library and buy it again, store the library etc, but nothing really helped...

is there any way to fix this bug?
  • d_vsalle
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    Lost my level 24 town after months of play. Now at Level 1. Been logging in & re-installing for more than a week now. Where's my bloody town EA?
  • joshw2011
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I believe this just happened to me within the past day or so. The area where the quest list is normally up, when I hide it, that area of the touch screen can't be used to start scrolling the camera, selecting houses, people, stores, etc. It's basically a dead area of the screen, which is really frustrating. That part works fine outside of the app, and then I realized it's where the quest list normally is.

Anyone else with this problem?
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    I can't return my save game I have 15 level, and Christmas guests dost not work,fix please all bugs
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    Delete this update i wright 2 day and u don't give answer, I HAVE a 15 level what a * where is my Springfield ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Fix a * bugs please.......
  • khann89
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    Whether we that here Losers that? We play and from scratch we begin? Change aren't necessary compensate better everything somehow
  • rjwingo
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    For a week, I have been unable to accept any friend requests in origin. It gives me an error every time. My handle is rjwingo.
  • sKuTT
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    Cannot finish some quests since the christmas update....
    Complete the quests but they dont finish.

img0522.png

img0523q.png
  • rohitdhir
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hello EA_Gypsy,
    My user ID is rohitdhir
    I have built the Mapple store and have had Lisa, Homer, and Ned all visit it and I have received no completion reward or prompting by homer to build the bowlerama. In effect everything is stuck and I cannot progress in Christmas. Thoughts? Can I get help?