EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    memo2891 wrote:
    I have the same problem of the solved tasks, i've finished 2 tasks but they don't dissapear from the deskbook,And it appears i can't continue in other missions, one is from senador quimby and another from wigumm, please tell me how to delete them from the book
    Id: memo2891

Put Town Hall (for Quimby) and the Police Station (for Wiggum) into storage. Force exit out of the game and then re-enter.
  • Arrooogah
    9 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

Since the update a couple of days ago my app on the iPad mini keeps crashing out, every five minutes or so, usually when I am trying to build something or set a task. It seems that my last action has not been synched. I didn't notice this problem before last weekend. Is this a known issue?
  • DraziWDragon
    5 posts
    edited January 2013
    This is also my review for the AppStore.
    Bugs on the bottom of my review.

Your game stats are stored on the Origin account, so if your game is messing up, delete the app and use iTunes on THE PC, to reinstall.

There is 3 burning bush premium items hidden in land purchases. 
    1 is at the top right, and fairly easy to get to, the other is bottom middle, and costs around $100,000 worth of land purchases just for the first 2. The last bush will cost about $500,000 of land, to get to.

The Mayan god appears when you assemble the calendar CORRECTLY. Just cuz it looks right, doesn't mean it is. 
    Rotate the pieces a bit.  

10 free donuts, & jebediah statue:
    Tap on homer ten times without clicking on anything else. 
    Meaning, don't close his task list when clicking on him. 

How to cancel tasks set on or in, buildings:
    Put the house into inventory, and it cancels all tasks set on, or in it. When you return the house to the land, the characters that were inside, will reappear as if they never had a task. And the timers for income taxes will be reset to new. Crops will be empty, but you will lose the money you spent on the task. Corn=$9000 spent for nothing. 

Building a ton of houses will rack up cash and xp, faster than challenges and visiting friends. 
    Any open land you have, build a brown house. It costs $355 game dollars, and if you build just 10 of them, you get $60 every couple minutes. So if you are putting your city characters on the 45second duties, waiting the couple minutes for the houses to pay taxes, seems to be a much shorter wait. Brown houses turn a profit after an hour of tax collecting. 

If you want to make sure your game saves, always return to the "other springfields" list THEN, back to yours, before exiting.
    All buildings from other friends cities, gives same amount of xp and money. Build multiplier structures in your own city, to get bigger payouts in other cities.

You need to add a lot of friends in origin profile, to get anywhere fast.
    Don't get tap happy when collection money and xp, you will be forced to use a donut, accidentally. If this happens, quickly tap the CANCEL button within the 5 seconds it uses to rush tasks. 

Donuts are near impossible to get without using real money. And if you want to complete just the factory, when you get it to unlock, it'll cost you about $10-20 Real USD.

The intro CLEARLY makes fun of the smurfs app, and how so many people bought the $60 In smurfberries on accident, because "their kid bought them when the parents got the app for them, or let them use their iproduct. 

This game is just the same, so don't let your kid play this game, or you might wake up to a couple hundred bucks missing from your bank account. And the big donut package IS $99.99. 

You get the same XP and game cash, from helping other towns, as you would to vandal. 

You need to turn off all sound notifications for this game, in your settings on your iPad,iPhone,iPod. It uses actual Simpson voices at full volume for notifications, instead of the typical "chime". 
    It will wake you up. I only play this on my ipad2 so I can just mute the ringer, and not have to worry about being woken on my phone, or going through the hassle of shutting off the notifs every night. 

So the best way to play this game, is to acquire at least 12 friends, and visit each one a half hour from the next person. The more friends you have, the more often you can visit one before the first one is ready to visit again.  100 friend limit on origin accounts though. But 100 friends, by 25xp = 2500 xp per day. 

Ps..
    EA Games, add a chat feature or a bulletin board in the individual springfields, so we can talk to our Simpsons friends, and give advice, pointers, building secrets/hints, and so on. 
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....
    2 things. 
    1: do something with the ridiculous donut costs and earning difficulty. 
    2: instead of updating IN APP, just release an iTunes app update, and save not only the "end user", but you "the company"'s server bandwidth. 

Those of you that have connection issues, you need to make sure your wireless router is set to allow all wireless traffic through the modem. 
    You need to have 75% signal strength or higher to connect also. That's a solid 2-3 wireless bars on top left of your iscreens.
    Those on iphones MUST be on 3G network or higher, with signal of a solid 3 bars.

I'm running iPad 2 32gig iOS 5.1.1.
    When you all make a bug report, please state the device, memory size, and iOS you are running AND, Your country.

when you set your decorations, just cloick the (minus) sign, to close the design change selection.
    this goes for the characters also.
    It's not a bug, just a failsafe. just in case the timer freezes or the house doesnt produce coins, its the same as putting the house into inventory, to stop the current tasks for it, or set in it.

Everyone having crashing issues, post your iOS version, the iDevice you are using, and how many people are in you simpsons friends list.
    ALSO, whether you installed/updated the app ITSELF, through itunes on the PC, or, itunes on the device.
    Installing any app via device, will usually cause crashing issues.

whenever you install an app, you should ALWAYS reboot your device. Don't just start playing it.
    the temporary install files will still be in the temporary folders on the device.

As per apples tech faqs, you should NOT let your device's battery die. EXCEPT, for the suggested once a month battery reset.
    Which is, fully kill your battery to the point of it shutting off during the apple screen, then charge it to 100% while the device is OFF!!!

It seems as if the Tapped Out app crashes, are mostly due to device issues, not EA's server.
    However, the level resets are EA's server.

My biggest annoyance with Tapped Out is, you can't sell the holiday stuff. I wasted donuts on a mosileum. If bought with donuts, you should be able to sell for donuts.
    ALSO... Can someone at EA, PLEASE make the anonamys game NOT save. So people that own droids, don't need to make an account to try out the game.
    I sometimes want to start over also, but don't want to lose my current game either.

when you set your decorations, just cloick the (minus) sign, to close the design change selection.
    this goes for the characters also.
    It's not a bug, just a failsafe. just in case the timer freezes or the house doesnt produce coins, its the same as putting the house into inventory, to stop the current tasks for it, or set in it.

Everyone having crashing issues, post your iOS version, the iDevice you are using, and how many people are in you simpsons friends list.
    ALSO, whether you installed/updated the app ITSELF, through itunes on the PC, or, itunes on the device.
    Installing any app via device, will usually cause crashing issues.

whenever you install an app, you should ALWAYS reboot your device. Don't just start playing it.
    the temporary install files will still be in the temporary folders on the device.

As per apples tech faqs, you should NOT let your device's battery die. EXCEPT, for the suggested once a month battery reset.
    Which is, fully kill your battery to the point of it shutting off during the apple screen, then charge it to 100% while the device is OFF!!!

It seems as if the Tapped Out app crashes, are mostly due to device issues, not EA's server.
    However, the level resets are EA's server.
    Using a PC, download and install the ORIGIN program from EA. you can add, and remove friends with ease using the PC.

As stated by An earlier post by someone, you get the error message for adding friends, if the person you are adding, is already at 100 before you. Just skip adding the person giving the error, and see if you can add the next in line.
    This only applies to people that do NOT have 100 friends yet.

As for the people that had their cities reset to level 1, was it reset when the new update 4.0.0 was installed?
    If so, it's because you used the 3.0.0 file and clicked ok the start a new game. Sorry, but the game is lost for now.
    Until someone figures out how to delete ORIGIN, server side, game saves, it will only load the most recent save data to your iDevice.

If you did NOT lose your city from upgrading with an old file, then it was probably due to trying to play the game while EA had the servers under maintenance last month or so. Your game is gone if that's the case. Or at least, I haven't seen or heard of anyone being able to retrieve their game who lost it during that time.

If your city was reset to level one, send me a PM, I can give you more detailed info.

ALSO, don't clean up the waste when you unlock land. Save it until another update comes out. I've been get more frequent donuts popping up from cleaning, when I clean about 10 wastes at a time or more.

HOPE THIS HELPS CLEAR UP ALOT OF THE CONFUSION PEOPLE ARE HAVING. 
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • marcelgroves
    12 posts
    edited January 2013
    My brothers (hockeytogood) Springfeild reset. Almost Lvl 22& $20 spent on donuts. It asked him to sign in again and he did and was back to Lvl one. Thanks, hope you can help :)
  • edited January 2013
    I am also having problems adding friends. I get the same message. I have over 25 requests to accept. I dont have 100 friends either. Is there another reason for this problem?
  • a555tra
    19 posts
    edited January 2013
    Hi everyone I have been playing Simpsons tapped out for 3 months really need some more friends!! I have loads of Xmas houses for u to collect coins please add me i am online on the hour of everyday! Sad I no but just so addictive! Username is a555tra thanks everyone have a great new year!!! Btw I'm on level 24 tried very hard to decorate please let me no what u think of my town xx
  • DraziWDragon
    5 posts
    edited January 2013
    Using a PC, download and install the ORIGIN program from EA. you can add, and remove friends with ease using the PC.
    As stated by An earlier post by someone, you get the error message for adding friends, if the person you are adding, is already at 100 before you. Just skip adding the person giving the error, and see if you can add the next in line.
    This only applies to people that do NOT have 100 friends yet.

As for the people that had their cities reset to level 1, was it reset when the new update 4.0.0 was installed?
    If so, it's because you used the 3.0.0 file and clicked ok the start a new game. Sorry, but the game is lost for now.
    Until someone figures out how to delete ORIGIN, server side, game saves, it will only load the most recent save data to your iDevice.

If you did NOT lose your city from upgrading with an old file, then it was probable due to trying to play the game while EA had the servers under maintenance last month or so. Your game is gone if that's the case. Or at least, I haven't seen or heard of anyone being able to retrieve their game who lost it during that time.

If your city was reset to level one, send me a PM, I can give you more detailed info.

ALSO, don't clean up the waste when you unlock land. Save it until another update comes out. I've been get more frequent donuts popping up from cleaning, when I clean about 10 wastes at a time or more.
  • toltrain
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    both "Re-Elect Mayor Quimby Pt. 1" and "Quicky At The Kwik-E" quests are not compleating. Have done both many times. also no "Do It" button In the quest. Please Help!!!
  • Tmp1770
    1 posts
    edited January 2013
    I opened the quest/task book and it tells me to do two quests ,one was to build the glided truffle and the other one was to make Marge clean the house,both quests were completed but the quest in the book doesn't go away and doesn't give me a reward therefore I cannot do anymore tasks,(no exclamation mark comes up),I have a level 19 world this is annoying because I really enjoy the game please send me a reply.
  • memo2891
    2 posts
    edited January 2013
    memo2891 wrote:
    I have the same problem of the solved tasks, i've finished 2 tasks but they don't dissapear from the deskbook,And it appears i can't continue in other missions, one is from senador quimby and another from wigumm, please tell me how to delete them from the book
    Id: memo2891

Put Town Hall (for Quimby) and the Police Station (for Wiggum) into storage. Force exit out of the game and then re-enter.

I did that but now it happened with Nelson , i storage His house exit And put it back but nothing happened, that problem is very annoying
  • canonmills
    111 posts
    edited January 2013
    Arrooogah wrote:
    Hi,

Since the update a couple of days ago my app on the iPad mini keeps crashing out, every five minutes or so, usually when I am trying to build something or set a task. It seems that my last action has not been synched. I didn't notice this problem before last weekend. Is this a known issue?

Mine is doing that too. It's making the game fairly unplayable, and I've resorted to only setting 24 hour tasks, so I don't have to update them as often. Basically the crashing means I'm playing the game as infrequently as possible. Please help EA!
  • canonmills
    111 posts
    edited January 2013
    And while we're on the subject, yesterday I deleted nearly all my friends in an attempt to stop it crashing. It didn't work of course and now I can't collect more coins (having said that, attempting to visit friends' Springfields with my crashing problem would be unbearably frustrating).
  • enredshirt234
    7 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am losing patience with this game. After performing a number of tap actions, it crashes constantly and without fail.

I have no ingame friends, they all gave up. I am the last bastion in the group.
  • seakyden
    24 posts
    edited January 2013
    the crashing every 5 minutes is killing me. only happens on my springfield though, never when im on friends springfields
  • edited January 2013
    As of the last update, it destroyed all my progress (level 20, lots of coin, etc.). Tried all the listed possibilities in another thread here, but no dice. Any other way to get it back?
  • edited January 2013
    Wow. JUST logged back in after playing/restarting this morning, and now all the donuts I had are gone as well as any santa coins I accumulated earlier. Geeze. Hating this game more and more.
  • yattzilla
    13 posts
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

Ever since the christmas update way back in the day, I have been having problems with crashing whenever I click on Homer, Lisa, or Bart.

What is going on? I have all the most recent updates and uninstalled and reinstalled the app...any suggestions?

Thanks
  • jberg98221
    3 posts
    edited January 2013
    I can not get a prompt to build channel 6 or any other building. I'm at level 24. How do I get these buildings?
  • blazethatish
    8 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am unable to play my game on my iPhone 5 it crashes as soon as it loads. On my iPad mini I can't click on homer, Bart, Ed, mill house, and Lisa without crashing. Matter of fact as soon as I collect tasks my game crashes. I can't even up up my inventory without crashing. This is getting really ridiculous! I placed a ticket with ea support and received a canned automated response. I have wasted too much time and money not to be able to enjoy this game properly!
  • rookierozz
    2 posts
    edited January 2013
    So amazingly cross, I've invested a lot of spare time, and some of my Christmas money, in this game. I logged on last night and it updated, and now I'm back on level 1?!? Are you kidding me? This is pathetic! I've lost everything, all of my premium items, all of my gold coins, all my buildings. All I have from my old game is my friends and a few donuts! This is pathetic!

EA you need to fix this ASAP! Surely you have a restore point I can go back to?

Otherwise I will be going to Apple/Consumer Direct and getting my money back, and I won't be making it easy for you!

Seriously annoyed, and feeling robbed right now!