EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• centax2020
    1 posts
    edited January 2013
    If the game is played on my iPhone 5 for more than 5 minutes the phone becomes uncomfortably hot. This has not been happening with several other games I play.
  • thangcuoitab
    24 posts
    edited January 2013
    rookierozz wrote:
    So amazingly cross, I've invested a lot of spare time, and some of my Christmas money, in this game. I logged on last night and it updated, and now I'm back on level 1?!?
    Seriously annoyed, and feeling robbed right now!

The same thing had just happen to me. I wonder if it's an (Australian) server thing. Have gone through all the troubleshooting advice in the FAQs. Lost everything except for my donuts.

Account: thangcuoitab

PLEASE HELP.
  • RoseTooSweet
    6 posts
    edited January 2013
    So I'm getting a little fed up with this. I have been stuck on two quests since before Christmas! I am on walking Mr. Teeny and the mayor quest chain part 1! I have even contacted EA and put in a ticket a long time ago and I haven't received anything back yet. Because I'm stuck on these two quests I can't get any more! It's quite annoying! What do I do? :(
  • KuronFury
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The game started crashing on me the other day following the update. I tried deleting friends, as others have suggested in other threads, but to no avail. I saw that removing buildings and other features could also resolve the crashing, so I figured I'd give that a try. Thing is, I can now get no farther than the login screen as the game crashes before loading my town. This has rendered the game completely unplayable.
  • weeelfie
    4 posts
    edited January 2013
    Here's what happened:
    I am new so I just started, but I have four house with Christmas decorations on. It was almost time to collect my daily 5 Christmas coins (5 minutes left!) when I clicked on the house and looked at the next page on the house which shows the house with no Christmas lights. I didn't think this mattered, except that it turned the countdown for coins back to a 24 hour wait! This is ridiculous, could you please fix this. I'm quite upset, it happened to three out of my four houses before I realized what was happening...
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    It's happened to everyone unfortunately. Hit the plus sign above the two buildings, which blocks you from bouncing between the two. If you exit at some point, you'll have to do it again the next time you go in, but it sort of helps.
  • DraziWDragon
    5 posts
    edited January 2013
    Should Sticky my earlier posts.
    I'm consolidating them into once post.
  • Arrooogah
    9 posts
    edited January 2013
    Hi, I have been investigating the bug where the game repeatedly crashes over and over to the iOS main screen.

I am running the game on an iPad mini and a iPhone 4S, both with 16gb, about three quarters full, and both running the latest version of iOS. These tests were run on the iPad.

Going straight into the game and scrolling around collecting my tax and task rewards... Game crashes at 58 secs
    Going back in ( without a restart), and just scrolling the screen around without clicking anything...
    Game crashes at the following times measured from the town appearing on screen

30 secs
    28 secs
    28 secs
    25 secs
    20 secs

Clicking repeatedly on Springfield elementary where milhouse was cleaning the school and Nelson collecting luch money, I couldn't make the game crash in 5 minutes+

Subsequently scrolling the screen around, game crashed in 20 seconds

Building a hedge maze on a tile ... Took about 10 minutes and did not crash

So I figure that scrolling the screen around has something to do with it, my next test will be to see if it is a particular item on the screen that is causing the problem by confining my scrolling to particular areas.

And by the way EA, trying to play a game that crashes every 20 - 30 seconds is not a very rewarding user experience and does not make me inclined to try any of your other games...
  • Arrooogah
    9 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ok, a few more tests. I don't believe it is an individual item on the screen that is causing a problem . It seems far more likely to be a storage or memory management issue.

My city is roughly 8 x 11 tiles, all occupied by buildings, water or trees etc, so no blanks

I found that if scrolled systematically by approximately one tile at a time, I could cover about 45 to 50 tiles before the game exited.

If I just scolled backwards and forwards in one area, the game did not see to crash.

Basically the memory management of the game is just not up to handling the amount of content ( is there an upper limit to city size). I don't know if it loads tiles as they are displayed, but it appears that as you scroll over more and more tiles it does not manage the memory used by the tiles that are now hidden. Homer, we need some automated garbage collection...
  • Arrooogah
    9 posts
    edited January 2013
    In about 3 hours when all my tasks come due I will try collecting all the rewards without crashing the game by collecting one quarter of the city at a time

If you want to check the city for yourself, I've tried to give each of the buildings appropriate surroundings, ( except for one little block of houses I keep for visitors). Most of the houses have fences and gardens, shops have carparks, there's a maze and a park, and all the houses have Xmas lights.

Just doing the channel 6 / dr Hibbert quest line ATM.

Diver232665
  • rookierozz
    2 posts
    edited January 2013

The same thing had just happen to me. I wonder if it's an (Australian) server thing. Have gone through all the troubleshooting advice in the FAQs. Lost everything except for my donuts.

Account: thangcuoitab

PLEASE HELP.

I'm in the uk, I'm currently talking to a tech guy via email... I'll let you know how it goes... Still disappointed! :(
  • angelroseac
    2 posts
    edited January 2013
    I can no longer except new friends or invite new friends I have not reached 100 yet, it says something went wrong ect ,please help I just started playing again had to wait until Christmas for the new ipad5 was playing on ipad1.i want to collect Christmas coins!
  • DraziWDragon
    5 posts
    edited January 2013
    It seems the crashing is due the crappy iOS 6.0 memory handling, this game doesn't run well on devices with 6.x
  • beccabooj
    10 posts
    edited January 2013
    I can't accept any friend requests
  • weeelfie
    4 posts
    edited January 2013
    Both Ned Flanders and Homer vanished from my game after I sent all characters to shop at Kmart for an hour: when it was time for them to finish, everyone came out of the store but them. They don't appear under their house or anywhere...
  • thangcuoitab
    24 posts
    edited January 2013
    rookierozz wrote:

The same thing had just happen to me.

PLEASE HELP.

I'm in the uk, I'm currently talking to a tech guy via l... I'll let you know how it goes... Still disappointed! :(

Did you lodge a support ticket with EA? I submitted a ticket on the 5th Jan. Received one reply overnight with basic instructions about making sure I'm login, not playing anonymously. I replied with my lost stats and missing item details. Have not heard back since.
  • DemonPun
    10 posts
    edited January 2013
    Yesterday, January 6th, 2013, I had my game reset to the starting point. I was level 24 with max XP, and I had already built Hibbart Family Practice, and was about halfway through the missions to be able to get the hospital, but now, I have nothing. The game was reset to the beginning. This time, I am really concerned about the progress of my game. This has happened to me before, but each time in the past, the game had shown that I was not logged into my account, but this time, it shows that I am logged in...

Can we please get this corrected, and fix whatever is causing this to happen what seems to be way too frequently???

• mmreed11
    35 posts
    edited January 2013
    For over a week now, I have been unable to see friend invitations on the Origin invitation tab. All other tabs load and display! But the Invitations tab gets stuck on the loading screen. It doesn't lock up, but the names of invitations people have sent me never appears. By logging out of Origin and logging back in, I can see that I have 185 outstanding invites.

I'm running Tapped Out on an iPad 2 with the latest iOS. My so also has the same problem with a similar number of outstanding invitations. He's running on an itouch.
  • Loco9eastside
    1 posts
    edited January 2013
    My town on both Simpsons Tapped out and Monoploy are compeltly gone. Please help.
  • edited January 2013
    Im stuck on the concerned parents quest. Book says 1/1 for both Lisa and Bart on this quest, but it does not clear! Has been stuck for over two weeks...
    Does anyone know how this can be fixed??
    Thx.