EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• JackABarker
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Apparently, the topic heading "Game Status" is a misnomer, as I've been utterly unable to find anything to indicate what the current status of the game is. Like everyone, I had a lot of difficulty logging in the first few days. EA pulled the game from the iTunes store and things got better. I was able to reliably log on quite a few times per day. So I finally decided to take the plunge and buy some donuts, and less than twenty-four hours later, I'm back to being stuck on "can't connect to server, try again later." I logged on to these forums to see if there was any notice about server issues (or anything else that might be causing this problem, and an ETA for a fix) and find that the latest (and only) "Announcement" is twenty-one days old, and that the latest posting by any EA representative was March 12 (and that just says, "keep the comments coming"). Is it too much to ask that the Game Status area contain some actual information on the status of the game? If I wasn't such a devotee of The Simpsons, I'd've cut my losses and deleted this game ages ago (like I did with the Monopoly Hotels game, which died on me right about the time Tapped Out was released). If anyone has some useful information about the status of the game, I'd certainly appreciate it.
  • chipsareready
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    I'm in the same boat too. Two weeks ago my town was fused with someone else's. This week I no longer get XP or $ for clicking on anything. However, I requested my money back from iTunes and within a day got a complete refund of the AUD$57 I had spent on the game. What a complete mess.
  • KrazyBob6
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Similar problems, all my town but the original few squares are greyed out and as soon as i log in and click on anything it goes beck to the loading screen and then to can't connect to server message.

Previously i had problem where after making the people do a task i close the app then when re-logging on it goes back to not doing anything. It gets quite annoying after telling them to do a 24 hr task then it not working.
  • Rutteger142
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    First off, Love the game! Very fun and addicting!

I too have the same problem others are having where the game won't load and will crash and return to my home screen if I log in with my Origin account, but the game will play if I play "anonymously". Anything you guys can do to help would be appreciated!

Origin ID: Rutteger142
  • fatboyslick
    36 posts
    edited March 2012
    Fellow simpsonites.....

I contacted Apple to complain. I told them that they should not allow a game that has been removed from the App Store to continue to work and especially not continue to process in-app purchases when it is broken.

I have been burnt by buying donuts only for the game to get a bug making it impossible for me to continue and that this reflected badly on Apple...which I think it does considering they advocate the security of their apps.

They refunded me in full (and I had spent ALOT) and apologised which was great.

So, I suggest you do the same and hopefully EA will get the message that this is not acceptable
  • kloei423
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    User name kloei423. I cannot enter the game. It checks for updates then tells me to tap to continue. When I do I hear money collecting and the screen goes black and kicks me out. If there is anyway to fix it please do. I miss playing. Thanks!
  • Johandalmau
    17 posts
    edited March 2012
    The game continously crashes and disconnects from the server. Since wednesday i can only play for 2 minutes before i get a server error. And now all my donuts are gone. I had 36 donuts and after it crashed im in 0. Can somebody please help me?
  • jgavril982r
    10 posts
    edited March 2012
    I love this game, I have only three issues connection to the server take me about 4-5 times before it goes into my town. It will go back to the begining of the movie with Homer or it will go back to the very begining were I have to build the Simpson house.

Second Issue is that some of the friends towns I can not get into because it states they have a newer versions and to update. No place to update.

Third is that I was dumb enough to buy Donuts and they never came through to me. Really wanted to buy them. My credit card was charged. I went to the App Store and they will be refunding my money. Hope that is fixed sometime.

This is a great game and has a lot of potential once the bugs are fixed. I love it and still have been having a lot of fun playing it.
  • rosengreen592
    2 posts
    edited March 2012
    Total joke.... No support from EA.
    I have just received a refund from Apple. Now I'll delete the game.
    Hope you guys will do the same!
    Otherwise, have fun wasting your time and money.
  • Johandalmau
    17 posts
    edited March 2012
    I actually like the game a lot but I got tired of it getting disconnected every 15-20 seconds. The game has become unplayable and there's no response from EA. I'll ask Apple for a refound for the apples I bought and then i'll delete the game.
  • mangexx01
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    username: mangexx01

Hello, I am also experiencing a bug where my land expansions have disappeared (Can't access the school and the church, Reverend Lovejoy is trapped in grey limbo) It is such a waste of money to re-expand (9100 per land) so if the staff could address the issue that would be great.
  • Theundertows
    6 posts
    edited March 2012
    Multiple IAP attempts without Donuts being given.

I have a list of issues but none as big as that...

I only wish I could take back the ones I bought at launch.

EA - is this really still an issue?
  • icepack86
    1 posts
    edited March 2012
    Simpsons house missing. Please fix.

Origin ID: icepack86
  • Johandalmau
    17 posts
    edited March 2012
    The game still gets disconnected every 10-20 seconds. It has become unplayable and still no news from EA.
  • Johandalmau
    17 posts
    edited March 2012
    How can i submit a bug if can't even play the game? EA has the worst customer service i've ever seen.
  • edited April 2012
    I am level 19 and I finished building the police station and did the quest for chief wiggum.

Now all I have is the quest for the stores and farm, and the random quests that just ask you to do certain things like get homer to read is mypad etc etc.

I have always have 3 quests on the go. But now I only have the two I mentioned above.

I still have the skips and luigi's to do for level 18 and I'm now I'm a level 19

I leave all the characters to walk around and wait for a bubble above there head but nothing.

I have logged out, and reset my iphone. still nothing.

I have also removed all the houses and placed them back down so that the characters would reappear but nothing. On my other thread. Someone else is having the same issue and he is now level 20.

I would like to build the last 5 buildings but I can't

I dropped 10 bucks on this game for donuts and I can't even finish the game.

I now have no reason to play this game anymore. I wasted 10 bucks.

I really hope EA does something about all these issues. They havn't said anything since March 7th. Its now April 1st

The PR they have should be fired. A little bit of info would be nice

HELP PLEASE!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dreamer_be
    2 posts
    edited April 2012
    I am having the same problem as a few of the other members of this game - I was on level 14 with about $20,000 and was about to build barts treehouse - It glitched while i was visiting a neighbour and I was reverted back to level 7 and all my roads and rivers are messed up - all purchased items are where they were but land slots are greyed out and need to be purchased again even though my buildings and items are already there - I have started to rebuy the land lots but would like this to be fixed as I would prefer not to have to buy all my land back -

dreamer_be is my username
  • bpep964
    2 posts
    edited April 2012
    I am level 20 and I finished building the police station and did the quest for chief wiggum.

Now all I have is the quest for the stores and farm, and the random quests that just ask you to do certain things like get homer to read is mypad etc etc.

I have always have 2 quests on the go. farm, buildings, etc etc. and the random my ipad, shop kwickey mark etc. etc.

I still have the skips and luigi's to do for level 18 and I'm now I'm a level 20

I leave all the characters to walk around and wait for a bubble above there head but nothing.

I have logged out, and reset my iphone. still nothing.

I have also removed all the houses and placed them back down so that the characters would reappear but nothing. On my other thread. Someone else is having the same issue and he is now level 20 and have been for 2 days..

I would like to build the last 5 buildings but I can't and have alot of money n the game and have now set them to do 24 H things.

HELP HELP BPEP964 :O(
  • MissRuki
    4 posts
    edited April 2012
    My version 1.0.0 Springfield suddenly started crashing.
    More than 10 times attempt to load correct Springfield and play for less than 1 minute. Very frustrating. Annonymouse play crashes as well. Log in/out, restart app, reset my iPhone, nothing worked.
    Hope to have an update available soon.
  • pwolverine
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2012
    Anyone finding the game isn't saving progress? I log in, set my characters to do things for 60 minutes, close the app then go in hal an hour later and the actions haven't taken and the characters are all just wondering around as normal? This has happened quite a few times lately.

We also really need a Confirm button for purchasing things with donuts.. i'm sick of tapping on XP/Money then accidentally tapiing on a building and donut really quickly.. its a real waste of donuts if you are trying to save htem for a purchase.