EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• dustyhawk
    3 posts
    edited February 2013
    getting the same error

"Warning! Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing"

And i only play this on one device only.

Also after the screen that says "tap to login" , the doughnut stops spinning and is stuck.

Tried reinstalling but to no avail.
  • dom2973
    57 posts
    edited February 2013
    I've had the harp of death for almost 3 weeks now. No response from EA. sucks
  • Gemini1656
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    Harp of death nearly 2 weeks just wish for a fix that works have tried everything over and over every day nothing works
  • scottlower20
    11 posts
    edited February 2013
    just helped a few friends get back online by logging in using the iphone 5. if anyone wants me to give it a try for them let me know. i know how annoying it can be not being able to log in
  • Nzlpilot
    13 posts
    edited February 2013
    Had a response from EA saying they re aware of the bug and are on to it...
    I suspect 1march will sort things out when valentines game is removed.
  • lytane
    1 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hey all!

I have a few problems with my game. I just started playing it today and it started off fun but now I am not impressed as it doesn't work properly. I have signed in and have an Origin account and have linked it with my game so there is no issue there.
    Where I do have an issue is the Items that I unlocked during my quests are still locked. I completed the pavement quest but when I went back into my game the pavement I had placed was gone and the game had locked the item. The quest didn't show up again. The same thing has happened with building Cletus's house. I started to build it and left, when I came back 30min later the house was no longer on my screen being built nor was it unlocked in the menu and the quest wasn't reappearing.
    A few other bugs are the "Apu does a 4 hour shift" I said "Do it" and he was but when I came back about an hour later he was walking around awaiting to be placed in the task, which I did again. So far he is still there but I am not holding my breath.
    I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but to no avail. As I am very early in the game I wouldn't mind resetting my town to level 1 but there is no option in doing that and I don't want to continue if my game keeps stuffing up and ruining my experience.
    What can be done?

Lytane
  • lovejoy1006
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for helping me get logged back in, I finally after days of waiting can finally play the game again! However, I saw a notice about 60 donuts that I did not receive, if I should have gotten it. Also, due to this, I can't tell you how much money I lost in not being able to play. I should have been able to build the Popsicle skyscraper by now, but I am days away. I'm not usually like this, but in these situations, offer a little compensation for our troubles.

Here is my earlier note for reference:
    I have enjoyed the Simpsons Tapped Out game for months now, however the last several days, I ca't even get into my Springfield. When trying to load up the game, it freezes on the opening screen, no note or anything. I am eager to keep playing the game, but as it stands there is nothing I can do.

PLEASE HELP ME LOG BACK IN!!!

lovejoy1006
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    canoechiq wrote:
    When I load the app I get the following mennage:

'Warning! Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing'

What other device?!? I've only ever played on my phone. What will happen if I say Play Now?

Check out this thread:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9164300.page#26210735
  • lsly13
    6 posts
    edited February 2013
    I've had the harp crash for days now. Right after I sent the chief and son to el chem, game froze and I got the harp when I tried to reload. Also it seems that there was a glitch when I got the exp bonus for el chem, the total needed jumped.

Please help!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    lsly13 wrote:
    I've had the harp crash for days now. Right after I sent the chief and son to el chem, game froze and I got the harp when I tried to reload. Also it seems that there was a glitch when I got the exp bonus for el chem, the total needed jumped.

Please help!

Check this thread (among many others):

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9315160.page
  • katie_louise140
    19 posts
    edited February 2013
    hey, i am unable to get nto the simpsons game. once i try to log into origin it crashes, has been doing it for 2 days!! although i can get in by tryng a new game. although im level 26 and thers no way im starting again. please hurry and sort it or ill be deleting app.
    thanks katie
  • resgrate
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    Looks like they released an update, but it's crashing on my iPhone4S!!!

The update gets to 63.2Mb and crashes. I just got back into my game after suffering the harp of death!

Come on guys, I know you're in a rush but please...

• benmanze
    6 posts
    edited February 2013
    resgrate wrote:

The update gets to 63.2Mb and crashes. I just got back into my game after suffering the harp of death!

i have the same issue i just started another topic about this. im on iphone 5
  • buddylewis77
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    benmanze wrote:
    resgrate wrote:

i have the same issue i just started another topic about this. im on iphone 5

Same problem on my iPad. Crashes at 62.7Mb
  • potatoeediot
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    I just got kicked out too, and when I opened the game again it tried to install the latest round of updates. It reached #41, with 62.4MB complete before it throws me back out completely again.
    I recently had the Harp of Death for over a week too, and this is just getting silly -___-

I tried the delete/re-install of the whole game, but that's not made a difference. My little 4s is really struggling recently :(
  • phreak0ut
    10 posts
    edited February 2013
    I get to 41/47 61.9/74mb and it crashes. This is retardaire. Why the hell can't they get it right?
  • phreak0ut
    10 posts
    edited February 2013
    So I just tried again and it went to 42/47 64.7/74mb and then crashed... Huh...
  • resgrate
    2 posts
    edited February 2013
    Looks like it's back. Just successfully updated and I am back in
  • potatoeediot
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yup, me too... Another bug sorted hopefully
  • edited February 2013
    Hey, it's been nearly a week since I was able to play this game! I saw a thread here referring to the same issue, tried to post but had to verify my mail and it took ages for that to happen!

You might have heard about this but everytime I try to start playing the title screen freezes making this 'magical annoying' sound loop! I tried logging off my origin account, logging in again, uninstalling the game, installing it again on my ipad and then on my ipod touch and the same thing happens, I was expecting this would be fixed on the next update, but there was an update today and everything remains the same. :(

Please fix this ASAP! This is exactly what happens everytime I try to play the game: