EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    solzier23 wrote:
    I've been having an issue with one of the quests and was hoping some could provide me with some suggestions as to how I can fix it.

I was working through the Hibbert Family Practice quest, leading up to building the hospital. 3/4 of the way through the walkthrough, the system stopped asking me to send characters to complete the relevant tasks.

So far i've tried...
    1. Re-start the quest from the beginning (Doesn't now give me the option to send Brockman for a checkup so can't complete)
    2. Put the Hibbert Practice into and then out of storage (Had no effect)
    3. Put Channel 6 into and then out of storage (In an attempt to un-freeze Brockman, but it didn't work)
    3. Sold and then re-bought the practice (Had no effect)

I've been stuck like this ever since the Christmas update was removed.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Do you recall what the last quest was that you successfully completed?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9043283.page
  • solzier23
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    Krustybrand,

I'm pretty sure I was at the end.

I do know that i'd sent Hibbert & Krusty to the Gilded Truffle and I think possibly Brockman as well, though I can't be sure about him.

Krusty had promoted a product and then Homer, CBG & Wiggum ate at Krusty Burger

Looking at the walkthrough I think i'd even sent Homer, Wiggum & CBG for check up's before it froze on me.
  • texwatson
    6 posts
    edited March 2013
    Characters walking backwards, through decorations, off-roading and through buildings. Funny, but annoying. why have the characters started ignoring standard game parameters. Walking backwards!!! Only recently started. Cletus regularly walks backwards and through walls, bushes and trees. Smithers, again walking backwards through buildings!!!
  • Wizardmom2396
    5 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have been locked out of the game since 28 Feb. I did the update on that day, and got the harp of death. I can login anonymously and start fresh, but cannot log in with my current user name. I don't want to start over since I'm on level 26!

I hope there is a fix soon!

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    solzier23 wrote:
    Krustybrand,

I'm pretty sure I was at the end.

I do know that i'd sent Hibbert & Krusty to the Gilded Truffle and I think possibly Brockman as well, though I can't be sure about him.

Krusty had promoted a product and then Homer, CBG & Wiggum ate at Krusty Burger

Looking at the walkthrough I think i'd even sent Homer, Wiggum & CBG for check up's before it froze on me.

What follows is just a WAG, solzier. Since you've already put the Hibbert Practice and the Studio in storage, the presumption is that the current quest is stuck on a character other than Hibbert or Brockman. Looking at the walkthrough, the characters that seem to predominate include Homer, Comic Book Guy, and Wiggum. If you're stuck on Homer your're SOL, because the game doesn't allow you to store the Simpson house; try storing (and restoring) the Android's Dungeon and/or the Police Station. Doing so ****may**** unstick whatever character happens to be stuck. Good luck.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    texwatson wrote:
    Characters walking backwards, through decorations, off-roading and through buildings. Funny, but annoying. why have the characters started ignoring standard game parameters. Walking backwards!!! Only recently started. Cletus regularly walks backwards and through walls, bushes and trees. Smithers, again walking backwards through buildings!!!

If you're interested, this topic has been discussed in a few threads that have recently appeared in the General Discussion forum, including:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9024428.page
  • sillieone
    17 posts
    edited March 2013
    Still don't have my level 26 town back. I had about 1.5 mil in dollars just waiting to get the skyscraper and like 25 donuts. Come on get this fixed cause there is no way I am staring over with all the time I already put in.
  • mortiegama
    16 posts
    edited March 2013
    CGriffalo wrote:
    I appear to have been locked out of my game. I was playing away quite happily (just finished the Wiggum House) when the game froze just as I completed Grampa Simpson's 'show and tell' task. I gave it a while and then manually exited the game. Trying to get back in and the donut spun for a while before stopping permanently.

Tried turning the phone off and on. Same problem.

Tried logging out of Origin and back in again. Same problem

Tried deleting the game and reinstalling it. Same problem.

Tried all of those things in various combinations. Same problem.

So I can get into Origin, look at my invites and friends etc. but whenever I try and get to the actual game the donut spins for a while. Anyone got any ideas? Anyone been in this situation themselves?

I've got the exact same problem going on.
  • 702coffee
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    My game is frozen; I just leveled up and completed the Burns mansion. Game crashed and now I can't log in. It freezes on the startup screen. And I hear a sound like a piano hitting two keys over and over. Weird. Help!
  • mortiegama
    16 posts
    edited March 2013
    702coffee wrote:
    My game is frozen; I just leveled up and completed the Burns mansion. Game crashed and now I can't log in. It freezes on the startup screen. And I hear a sound like a piano hitting two keys over and over. Weird. Help!

That's the EXACT same thing that happened to me.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited March 2013
    The Game crashes Back to home screen after pressing "tap to continue". sad part is the mrs can see my town by visiting from her account and do all the friend actions, but if she tries to log in to my town from her device it crashes back to home screen as well.. and no is not the harp glitch..havent built el chemstri..

Tried loging in to my springfield with Ipod4 and ipod5 to no avail..it seems specific to my springfield as we can log in to hers with either device, but crash to home screen when trying to log in to mine..

• enirps
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    After I click tap to login, the game starts putting out a strange chime. Repeats over and over. This started right after the message came out about getting grandpa Simpsons item for free relates to tonight's show. Same issue on iPhone 5 and iPad 3. I have restarted both devices, logged out of origin. No luck.
  • lovejoy1006
    7 posts
    edited March 2013
    Once again I cannot play because my game freezes at the opening screen :!: Please fix it so I can play again. I'm tired of these problems!
  • Spallan
    73 posts
    edited March 2013
    For the frozen screen playing the Harp music over and over you can do the following.

If you have an iPhone 5 or iPad 3 or know someone who does you can do the following.

Turn off auto lock in game settings
    Close all open apps and start simpsons
    Then just wait for it to start it could take 20 mins.

I have done this to fix quite a few people's problems so if it does not work first time just try it again.

:)
  • lovejoy1006
    7 posts
    edited March 2013
    Tried it, didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion. But will someone at the company fix the game please!
    Spallan wrote:
    For the frozen screen playing the Harp music over and over you can do the following.

If you have an iPhone 5 or iPad 3 or know someone who does you can do the following.

Turn off auto lock in game settings
    Close all open apps and start simpsons
    Then just wait for it to start it could take 20 mins.

I have done this to fix quite a few people's problems so if it does not work first time just try it again.

:)
  • sjshaw365
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    I'm playing on iPad mini, and its frozen on the home screen with the harp music can't get it to fix. VERY FRUSTRATED!!
  • SuperTool
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    The Simpsons: Tapped Out game will not connect over wifi, only data connection on my 4s running iOS 6.1.2. I've closed & restarted the game, deleted the game and downloaded again, and reset my router multiple times. I have no other issues with my router, all of my other games and iOS apps still use my wifi without problem, the only exception is TS:TO game. Any suggestions on how to get it running on wifi again would be appreciated.
  • Ianbeale29
    7 posts
    edited March 2013

been locked out my springfield now for 3 days seems it may be the wiggam house I completed the building and since not been able to get back in although carried on playing for 10mins
    read a few things on here and tried around 1000 times and waited for around 30 mins the 1 time
    How do i get back in

Some1 help at EA
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Ianbeale29 wrote:
    been locked out my springfield now for 3 days seems it may be the wiggam house I completed the building and since not been able to get back in although carried on playing for 10mins
    read a few things on here and tried around 1000 times and waited for around 30 mins the 1 time
    How do i get back in

Some1 help at EA

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this forum is to all intents and purposes unmoderated. No one at EA is listening. If the remedies suggested here on the forum have not worked for you, you should probably contact the EA help center.
  • klak6
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I have recently completed a quest that involved granpa Simpson (with the new outfit, the wrestler one). When I clicked on "colect reward" the game froze, therefore I closed it and open it again. It loads to the welcome screen with my origin id and when I tap to continue it freezes and there is like a bip. How can I fix this? I haven't been able to play ever since. I'm playing on an iPad 3 with iOS 6.1.2

Thanks!