EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• hpwookie2
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    Just did an update about an hour ago and cannot access the game it is stuck on the start up screen and keeps playing a harp sound.
  • lifewordspics
    16 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hi Guys - is there a thread in here with a solution to not being able to add friends via Origin? After I type in a name it will "think" for a few moments before coming up with a "retry" message.

Many thanks in advance.
  • irish001107
    4 posts
    edited March 2013
    I was able to use the game this morning, now for some reason it gets stuck loading the environment and I hear something like guitar chords!! Then it shuts down. Uninstalled reinstalled, same issue. Please help!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    I was able to use the game this morning, now for some reason it gets stuck loading the environment and I hear something like guitar chords!! Then it shuts down. Uninstalled reinstalled, same issue. Please help!!

Harp bug. Check any of the numerous recent threads for potential workarounds.

For example:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9315160.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • hudiat
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    For what it's worth it I emailed apple and included a link to these posts and they refunded all the money I spent on in app purchases prior to this. Forever I never spent any money on here because I didn't want to support EA. I finally realize it's been stable for a while and I have had a lot of fun so I go ahead and buy some gold scratch-R. At least apple still knows how to do customer support. EA hasn't even publicly admitted this issue have they?
  • Momofhanda81
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    my issue is i keep getting cannot connect to server on my galaxy tablet. it has been almost 2 days...is this a common known bug?
  • bklockner
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I am having an issue that happens after I login. Once I hit he login, it goes to the Homer splash screen and then just freezes. Even the donut stops spinning. I have copied the post from Lechiengrand because I did the same thing.

Hi Gypsy. The game still crashes ever time I try to start it and access my Origin-associated game. It lets me sign into Origin, but then then I tap to continue it crashes. However if I sign out of Origin, I can start and play an anonymous game with no problems. Any idea how to fix that? I've completely closed the app (per the instructions EA posted recently) and restarted it several time.
  • Momofhanda81
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    i don't sign in threw origin i use it on tablet. i have no idea why mine isnt working but it is working on my boyfriends tablet and his iphone...it is just annoying
  • edited March 2013
    Every time i try to log in to my origin based simpsons it gives me a weird ringing sound. I am lvl 26 and have bought almost everything i can in the game. This needs to get fixed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing gets it to load.
  • NikoVictory
    7 posts
    edited March 2013
    Haven't been able to get into my game for a couple weeks now....it goes as far as saying "tap to continue", the donut spins a couple times, stalls and then crashes out to the home screen. Done everything, delete reinstall, turn off phone etc...dunno what to do now. Sent a message to ea and no response might just give up all together now....
  • nameevil
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same problem as a lot of people, my game freezes when I log on to play. For me, I updated the game to the SPD , started building O'Flanagan's pub and played for the rest of the day and the next morning. Then the pub was ready to be placed and the game told me I had to update (there was no new update). I performed all the routine checks, shutting off the game, shutting off my itouch, etc and that did not work. I then deleted the game and reinstalled it. That allowed me to log in, but when I tried to play after logging in, the game froze at the spinning donut page. I can play anonymously but not with my account. I also tried logging in on a friend's ipad and the game froze when I tried to play, but he can play just fine. Any suggestions?
  • ChiveOn79
    3 posts
    edited March 2013
    It is the harp of death, you have to have an iPhone 5 or new iPad to break the cycle. If you do, all you do is turn your screen lock off and let it load at the screen. It may take up to 20 min but it works. If anyone needs help I can help, just pm me.
  • bbernardini
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    I haven't been able to connect to the server on my Android phone for several days. It would appear a number of other people on multiple platforms and devices are having the same issue. The going theory is that it's connected to the SimCity launch. Hoping it gets fixed soon.
  • johnivan69
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hi Gypsy,
    My game has locked out from the Origin side of the house. I have tried several devices but once I get logged in, I get a recurrent tone like the "harp ring of death" and the game freezes up with just the harp rings mocking me. Help me Obi-One, you're my only hope.
    Thank you,
    John
  • gvalum
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    I want to start out by saying that this game is fun, and slightly addicting. However there is a small problem that is really hurting it. The game has NO settings to turn off notifications, or mute them and they regularly wake up both myself and the girlfriend in the middle of the night. We are becoming really upset, as other games do not do this. If an update to change this is not available soon, I will have no choice but to un-install it completely. PLEASE fix this very annoying problem. Thank you.
  • when1
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Game freezes after placing Bart's tree house on Android.

I placed Bart's Tree house. The phone screen turned green and could not play. I had to hit the home key and came back to the game and had to place tree house again. This happened 3 times.

After freezing, going to the homescreen and restarting the game 3 times I hear Homer say, "Hey, it's what's his name". I think the game will continue on. There is a box over the city with a picture of Bart and some text, "I'm Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?", XP 25, and a blue OK button. After I tap the OK button, the screen turns green and stays there.

Hitting the homescreen and restarting the game results in the same sequence. The game loads up fine with the logos and title screen and tap to continue. I hear Homer and the Bart box shows up. I cannot pass this point or play the game. Please fix.
  • dwilkinson14
    1 posts
    edited March 2013
    Hi Gypsy....

Having an issue with my game. I am able to log in, but before I reach the game I get a looping harp sound and am trapped in the start up screen.

Can you help me please?

Cheers,

Dave
  • Yamarnutbag
    2 posts
    edited March 2013
    Game crashes for me at launch on all of my apple devices. I have, closed, reinstalled, rebooted and I am not able to login. I am not likely to spend any money on this game and about to give up on it all together.
  • varekai912
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    Every time i try to log in to my origin based simpsons it gives me a weird ringing sound. I am lvl 26 and have bought almost everything i can in the game. This needs to get fixed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing gets it to load.

I am having the exact same problem! I had just turned 27 and got Burns Manor all at once and it froze and started that binging and now i cant access it at all. Tried everything you did. Just spent $$ on more donuts too!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited March 2013
    varekai912 wrote:

I am having the exact same problem! I had just turned 27 and got Burns Manor all at once and it froze and started that binging and now i cant access it at all. Tried everything you did. Just spent $$ on more donuts too!!

Potential workarounds for this "harp" bug can found on various forum threads. See, for example:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9349129.page